Will Young - Lexicon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heppolo View Post
    #1 validates the work for the pop artist, even if it's for a week it's still the best seller.
    I think you care more about these numbers than these artists do probably

Comment

A No. 1 peak basically only means that an album was the best-selling album in one specific week. It says nothing about an album's success as a whole but rather how cleverly dated the release of an album is.

I actually gave 'All The Songs' a spin because I wanted to find out what his music sounds like as he's musically unknown around here. Well, the song itself is solid, I didn't expect his voice to be so high, but it sounds smooth along with the beats. In fact, it could've very well served as a bonus track on Madonna's 'Confessions' - a sound we definitely haven't heard for long now. Regarding the music video: I usually believe that there is no gay music and that most songs can be enjoyed irrespective of sexuality (or gender), but that music video was definitely homoerotic . Having always thought that Will Young was more of an AC singer, it was a surprise to me that he really recorded that kind of music video since it's a bit 'unconventional'. I don't think there's a big market for that in the UK, but if he's comfortable with that (and after all, he's had that huge success earlier on in his career), I'll be, too. I would say solid 6/10 ;) .
      ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

The album is a bit boring. First two tracks are bops, Scars is a good ballad, the rest is meh.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Him and Matt Cardle are the 2 best former casting show stars the UK has ever produced. Both deliver excellent albums every single time they put one out.
          My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
            Him and Matt Cardle are the 2 best former casting show stars the UK has ever produced. Both deliver excellent albums every single time they put one out.
            Totally agree
            Too Much Music
            Too Much Music @Facebook
            Too Much Music @Twitter
            Scotland Social League

Comment

Cheryl's missing in your comment.
              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

I was never that into Matt Cardle but he did have a couple of great songs initially, but my interest just waned after that.

Can we include Niall Horan in this list instead? Flicker was for the most part an astonishingly good album - far better than i had anticipated and he also got his break through the same route albeit via One Direction.

Comment

I'm loving this. Richard X is a genius and he and will should have been recording pals since forever.
                  There is no "Runaway", which to me is the best of Echoes, but it's such a good Will album.
                  My favs are deffo the singles, Ground Running and Faithless Love. Forever is also a tune, very History (another masterpiece)
                  This being an independent release and making it to #2 proves he's a properly loved artist and he is a class human being.
                  Glad he came back to music.
                  My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

I'm still loving this album. It has now reached over 1,100 scrobbles.
                    My Chart

Comment

The album survivor has kicked off. If you wanna be part of it, feel free to follow this link and save your favourites:

https://www.ukmix.org/showthread.php...exicon-ROUND-2

Comment

The album survivor has kicked off. If you wanna be part of it, feel free to follow this link and save your favourites:

Comment

Comment

Embarrassingly, I still haven’t listened to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                              Embarrassingly, I still haven’t listened to it.
                              It's an amazing album, a good follow up for Echoes

Comment

Sadly I have to disagree, on first full listen All The Songs and My Love are streets ahead of the rest. Not enough uptempo tracks for this to be a real Echoes sequel. All The Songs was false advertising really!

Going to see him live on Friday, hope he does minimal songs from this album

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Sadly I have to disagree, on first full listen All The Songs and My Love are streets ahead of the rest. Not enough uptempo tracks for this to be a real Echoes sequel. All The Songs was false advertising really!

Going to see him live on Friday, hope he does minimal songs from this album
                                  You're in luck; I saw him last week and he did only 2 songs from the album. It's more of a greatest hits tour than the Lexicon tour, with a few fan favourites thrown in. It was a really good performance though despite his wardrobe choices...

Comment

Oh can’t wait then!

Comment

I looked up the setlist.
                                      It's kind of weird.

He's only doing two songs of the album and there is no All The Songs. Like what the hell?!

Another strange thing, the All The Songs video seems to have disappeared from Youtube. What's going on?
                                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

Originally posted by Noahh View Post
                                        Another strange thing, the All The Songs video seems to have disappeared from Youtube. What's going on?
                                        I hadn't realised this but you're right. There's a YouTube playlist which still has the music video included but when i went to play it, all i got was this message:

Video unavailable
                                        This video contains content from The Orchard Music, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
                                        Which is odd because the bloopers video is still there.

Comment

That is WEIRD.

Also, happy I downloaded it lol
                                          My Music Blog - PopStonesHeroes.com

My Facebook

Comment

HE DIDN’T DO JEALOUSY!!!

Such a good show, he did so many great songs, but so gutted he missed that out.

Comment

#47 on Albumism’s 50 Best Albums of 2019 list.

#47 | Will Young | Lexicon
                                              Cooking Vinyl

According to Quentin Harrison: “As it pertains to Young as an unconsciously soulful presence as a singer, he pairs his vocal instrument to these song scripts flawlessly….Loosely defined as a sort of glossary for exceptional language or knowledge, it was wise for Will Young to elect “lexicon” as a designation for an album that manages to look back while moving forward with mature, compellingly rendered pop pieces.”
                                              https://www.albumism.com/lists1/best...-young-lexicon
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                              X