Céline Dion - Courage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
    It's terrible. Celine should stop lending her voice to these basic 'pseudo modern' productions.
    It’s rubbish. Thank heavens it wasn’t on the album.
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• wow... the "courage" album is ONLY 2 months old, yet NOBODY has been talking about it for a while now, & even celine herself has stopped talking about it... :( does that mean there is no more promo for the "courage" album, no more singles, & the album is officially dead now??

i mean geez even the "LMBTL" album back in 2013 (which in my opinion "courage" is MUCH BETTER than,) had lasted MUCH LONGER than "courage" did... it is very sad for such a FANTASTIC album...

& now we will most likely have to wait until @ least november 2025 (or later, since celines pattern for english albums are now @ least 6 years apart, & its very doubtful that pattern will ever change back,) for the next new english album!! :(

Comment

• hey does anybody know any info about the "supposed" music video for "LYING DOWN"?? there was a rumor months ago that a video for that song was made, but since then, we had the videos for "imperfections" & "courage" were released, but now its months later & we still have not seen or heard ANYTHING about the video for "lying down"!! i am starting to wonder if that rumor was ever REAL to begin with, or was it made up or something... hmmm

Comment

• yea exactly!! that & the whole thing with the "COURAGE" album, even though i think is a BRILLIANT album, one of celines best in years, the handling of the album, mainly celine & her team obviously ignoring the heck out of it, & lack of promo since its release back in november, has been a complete MESS... & those actions had definitely made the album fall from #1 on the BB hot 200 chart to almost the complete BOTTOM in just a couple of weeks!! & it was already off the charts weeks before christmas!! it lived such a short life, which is really sad considering what a GREAT ALBUM it is!!
          Last edited by musiclovingcatgirl; Thu January 16th, 2020, 04:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
            OK WOW! My jaw dropped when I heard "Soul". I would even say that it might be my favorite song on the album now.

Now PLEASE explain to me why this masterpiece was only released on the Japanese edition of the album. She could‘ve put this on the regular edition and made all the 6 fillers that I named on page 8 Japanese bonus tracks.

I‘m so glad that she released this on Apple Music. More artists should do that.
            yea exactly!! that & the whole thing with the "COURAGE" album, even though i think is a BRILLIANT album, one of celines best in years, the handling of the album, mainly celine & her team obviously ignoring the heck out of it, & lack of promo since its release back in november, has been a complete MESS... & those actions had definitely made the album fall from #1 on the BB hot 200 chart to almost the complete BOTTOM in just a couple of weeks!! & it was already off the charts weeks before christmas!! it lived such a short life, which is really sad considering what a GREAT ALBUM it is!!

Comment

• I enjoyed her last album a lot more than this.

I'll give it another listen though.
              Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by musiclovingcatgirl View Post
                yea exactly!! that & the whole thing with the "COURAGE" album, even though i think is a BRILLIANT album, one of celines best in years, the handling of the album, mainly celine & her team obviously ignoring the heck out of it, & lack of promo since its release back in november, has been a complete MESS... & those actions had definitely made the album fall from #1 on the BB hot 200 chart to almost the complete BOTTOM in just a couple of weeks!! & it was already off the charts weeks before christmas!! it lived such a short life, which is really sad considering what a GREAT ALBUM it is!!
                You can't blame the drop on BB200 on her team though. She has no streaming presence (outside of MHWGO) and you need that in this day and age to have stability on that chart. Physical sales are only good on the first week due to frontloading and can't keep you stable.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• "Soul" sounds great. I just bought it on iTunes. It's a pity she can't gain any streams = failure on BB200. This album is my favourite one by Dion.
                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Well I loved "The Hard Way", in a very "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" kind of way.

Comment

• I’m loving the bonus track Soul! Definitely should’ve been on the main album it’s got that get up and go energy that I think really reflects the album.

Comment

• Listening to this, appreciate it more this time.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• This was my first time listening to a Celine album all the way through....I enjoyed it very much! Though the length was a bit daunting at first, the time is mostly used wisely. What I love most about Courage is the ease with which Celine faced the challenge that all pop veterans face at some point: updating their sound without pandering to the kiddies. And her vocals eschew the showy theatrics I generally associate with her in favor of raw, genuine emotion. A find.

Looking very forward to the concert
                            The sands of time fade into dark
                            Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                            A message to madness
                            Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Damn she hit those high notes on Change My Mind like its 1994

Comment

• ^ She's hit some mind-blowing notes on Courage, but that note on CMM isn't one of my favs. Very grating to me.

This whole quarantine thing made me dig deeper into this album and I can't stress this enough- it really is one of her greatest efforts. People complain about its length, but IMO for someone who doesn't write her own music, variety is the key. And Courage delivers exactly that.

Oh and her vocals in the entire project
                                "Dion's voice glides effortlessly from deep whispers to dead-on high notes, a sweet siren that combines force with grace."
                                - Time

Comment

• Every so often a song from this comes on shuffle and I'm reminded of just how amazing some of the songs are on this are. I must admit listening to the album from beginning to end was a bit long and so I dont think I appreciated individual songs for their greatness but listening to them in isolation you see just how great the songs are.

How Did You Get Here >>>
                                  See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                  See Mariah Carey's Memoir thread

Comment

• I know this went to #1 but it's such an underrated record - I absolutely love it, I couldn't be more delighted with it as a comeback album.

Lying Down is SO powerful.

Comment

• Her range is insane - of all the great singers pre 2000, her voice is the most preserved. She's lost some of the amazing support she had at her peak (as you'd expect with age), but her range is gigantic and the power is still totally there. Her tone, whilst sharper and less smooth than at her peak (probably due to the years of constant live performance - more than 1,700 live concerts), is also a total delight.

Cheers to you Celine, still the greatest singer alive today.

Comment

• I still love this album. I think the strongest songs are Lying Down (classic Celine) and Courage (modern Celine with a hint of classic). Heart of Glass is the strongest deluxe song. I know the album is like 10,000 songs long, but I really wish they had shoved Recovering and Ashes on it too - possibly even in place of two songs if needs be: I just think it would have made the album that much stronger because they're just brilliant songs, and some of the best she's recorded in years.
                                        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                        X