Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis - Jam & Lewis: Volume One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis - Jam & Lewis: Volume One

Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, the songwriting team behind some of Janet Jackson and Boyz II Men’s biggest hits, will release a new compilation of new original music, Jam & Lewis: Volume One, this summer. Today, they’re offering up the first track from it, “‘Til I Found You,” an upbeat, gospel-tinged vocal powerhouse that features music by the group Sounds of Blackness and singing by Ann Nesby, Big Jim Wright and Lauren Evans. In addition to leaving room for each of the singers to push their voices to the heavens (in fact, they sing, “Heaven must be like this”), the track contains many signatures of Jam and Lewis’ trademark sound, including snappy rhythms and horn accents.

“Sounds of Blackness will always hold such a special place in our hearts because they were the first act we signed to our original record label,” Jam said in a statement. “We felt it was only right for this single with them to introduce our compilation album.”

“It felt great to be back in the studio with Sounds of Blackness and create new music we’re really proud of,” Lewis said. “The track definitely sets the tone for the album, and we can’t wait for our fans to hear what’s next.”

Jam and Lewis have yet to reveal what other collaborations will be featured on the album.
    Source

My music library: LAST.FM

I hope to hear some Janet in this!

Comment

This sounds good ����
      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
        I'd be surprised if she isn't on this.
        I have received many gifts from God,
        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
          I'd be surprised if she isn't on this.
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

YES Hopefully new Janet!
            thank u, next

Comment

or some unreleased Prince? Didn't he used to work with Jam & Lewis?
              thank u, next

Comment

Very nice! I love their work
                https://www.noratol.com * Music Blog Finalist for a 2019 Infinity Blog Award!

Comment

Mariah better be on this.
                  See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                  See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                    Mariah better be on this.
                    Have they worked with Mariah before?

Comment

They were her main collaborators on Rainbow and Glitter if I'm not mistaken. Plus a few songs on Charmbracelet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Cless View Post
                        They were her main collaborators on Rainbow and Glitter if I'm not mistaken. Plus a few songs on Charmbracelet too.
                        Correct. Correct. And correct. They were exec producers for Glitter.
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

They're stuff with Janet is legendary.... But their stuff with Mariah was trash imo

Comment

Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis have worked with everyone in the business, but are now finally releasing their first album. It will feature "all new songs by superstar artists."

Other names associated with the project include Mary J. Blige, Usher, Boyz 2 Men, Charlie Wilson, Toni Braxton, Babyface & Heather Headley.

The duo has also worked with Janet Jackson on a track for the album: “Our song with her, at least her part of it is done. We’re going to add a few things to it, but she is on the album, and she has a beautiful song on there.” It’s “classic us,” Janet said of the track.

Jimmy Jam also said, "One of the songs we have is a song with Morris Day and Jerome from Morris Day and The Time, and we would love to put Snoop Dog on that song.”

Comment

It's finally coming out on July 9th:

Comment

So Janet was going to be on it with a "beautiful song" but now she's not? I wonder what happened.
                                1 Coldplay |2 Galantis|3 Sigrid |4 pnau |5 Agnes

Comment

This is looking good - love Heather Headley's voice, thrilled to see her involved!
                                  UKMix Best Debut Single - Countdown

Comment

Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                    So Janet was going to be on it with a "beautiful song" but now she's not? I wonder what happened.
                                    Ewokguy15 will be crushed
                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

OMG so no Janet? ffffffffffffff :/

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Ewokguy15 will be crushed
                                        I'm happy to wait for Black Diamond

Comment

My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

Wow, this album sounds like it was unearthed from the 90's. It even contains an endangered species: the R&B ballad. I liked it though, this is grown and mature R&B, which we don't hear all the time. Also, I appreciate the almost Time reunion with Morris Day. Song is good too.
                                            Last edited by Mugen; Fri July 9, 2021, 23:40.

Comment

This is such a lay back album! Love It!

Comment

I enjoyed this album much more than I thought I would.

An R&B confection!
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

I have this Toni song.

Wasn't it supposed to be on Libra?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X