Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
    How do you know it's those 3? weren't supposed to be only 2?
    Well check the graphics. All are noted. They wouldn't do them in the credits if we won't be hearing them. Maybe she uses one of the new ones as the intro and doesn't do it in full, but they wouldn't credit the songs if they're not using them.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
      Well check the graphics. All are noted. They wouldn't do them in the credits if we won't be hearing them. Maybe she uses one of the new ones as the intro and doesn't do it in full, but they wouldn't credit the songs if they're not using them.
      I'm confused!!! I don't see any graphics...
      "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Sorry, my pc at work is a shit... I saw it on my mobile!
        Those were the credits for what? And why isn't Madonna credited for Future and Dark Ballet?
        "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
          Sorry, my pc at work is a shit... I saw it on my mobile!
          Those were the credits for what? And why isn't Madonna credited for Future and Dark Ballet?
          ESC first semi ending credits.

Comment

^No as there are other songs there that haven't been heard/performed in SF1, but I guess we know what she's performing now. So LAP, Future and Dark Ballet.
            I see Hallelujah as well, hope it's not the one she sang at Met Gala

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              I see Hallelujah as well, hope it's not the one she sang at Met Gala
              Thank God it’s not. That Hallelujah was the classic written by Leonard Cohen, this one it’s the former Israeli ESC winner from 1979 (Milk and Honey). Googling the composers’ names give that as a result.
              Last edited by Shadowplay; Wed May 15, 2019, 19:04.
              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post
                Thank God it’s not. That Hallelujah was the classic written by Leonard Cohen, this one it’s the former Israeli ESC winner from 1979 (Milk and Honey). Googling the composers’ names give that as a result.
                Thanks.

Comment

• Future is giving me No Doubt (Underneath it All) vibes. Chilled mid tempo reaggae tonged pop song. It's OK. It's not setting me on fire. It's better than Unapologetic Bitch, but yeah, shares similarities.

Medellín remains unbothered (and so far the only song that had Madonna do something different than before).

Comment

• UB > Future.

Future is simply awful.

Comment

• Future is a bop.

Comment

• I really think none of the features so far beside Maluma add anything to these tracks. Swae Lee is like just there and okay but I could do without him and Quavo is just like what Lil Jon is on a lot of songs, the background noises are cute but I don't need a proper verse.

Comment

• I am so over collaboration that if it has to happen I prefer songs like Crave where the featured artist is just dropping a verse or two.
                          Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Comment

• The snippet of Future on Itunes is soooo good. Loving the vibe and the chorus! Excited

Comment

• I LOVE FUTURE

As if she has Quavo coming to perform 10 words with her
                              Words are useless, especially sentences.
                              they don’t stand for anything.
                              How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• I am so hyped for this album. How she’s going to perform these songs in a theatre and have it all make sense I’ve no idea, because every song goes big in its own way.

Comment

• Ok so I like "Future" but it’s definitely my least favorite song off the album so far. Wtf is it with the autotune on this album? It doesn’t sound like her 80% of the song. I was trying to figure out who is singing in the first 37 seconds of the song. It’s way too much.

Definitely not the right song for the ESC.

Cover btw:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Future. Definitely experimental. I’ve never heard her do anything like this before.

But why are all of her songs featuring a random rapper these days? These rappers all sound similar and it’s tarnishing the records. The auto tune is far too much so it’ll be weird when she sings it live

Comment

• I am ok with "Future".... Like some of you guys, I'm just not comortable with the autotune; in fact, "Crave" is the only song so far where we can truly hear her voice (well, the closest we can get to that). Her voice seems lost and unrecognisable in the other songs, even in "I Rise" for me. Plus, she's giving way too much song time to her collaboratos... Both Maluma and Quavo get away with a lot, don't they? I mean, it's interesting that she went for full on collaborations, rather than just features, but it's a bit too much - not only do we have to cope with her robotic/unrecognisable voice but we also have to deal with not listening much of her?

Finally, I also think this is an odd choice for Eurovision. I'm scared now LOL... Like, it can either go spectaculalry well or damn, the backlash will be of monumental proportions.
                                      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

Future is giving me No Doubt (Underneath it All) vibes. Chilled mid tempo reaggae tonged pop song. It's OK. It's not setting me on fire. It's better than Unapologetic Bitch, but yeah, shares similarities.

Medellín remains unbothered (and so far the only song that had Madonna do something different than before).
                                        I think like all songs another listen is needed I thought that with I Rise but with Future I like Crave liked it on first listen & I'm old school madonna. I certainly not into rap hip hop but this works well but I will be biased as its Madonna my icon
                                        I like it abd can't wait to see it live how it's going to be represented, wonder if she will do Dark Ballet with Like A Prayer as only been slated for a two song performance..... Hmmm oh well not long to wait to find out now!

Comment

• Future is my instant favorite from all the songs released so far. Loving the vibe and I actually I really dig the vocal production here. It sounds very current.

The only regret is the fact that Quavo ends the song. Wished Madonna would've sung these last lines.

Comment

• Originally posted by hun View Post
                                            Future. Definitely experimental. I’ve never heard her do anything like this before.

But why are all of her songs featuring a random rapper these days? These rappers all sound similar and it’s tarnishing the records. The auto tune is far too much so it’ll be weird when she sings it live
                                            You not heard Champagne Rose then....

Like all new songs a second listen is often required especially if it's a new sound & I like how she takes that risk. I liked it on first play unlike I Rise although font mnd it now as an album track

Future does sound like a track rejected from Rebel Heart sessions reminds me of Unapologetic Bitch

Comment

• Originally posted by stevejb4u View Post
                                              You not heard Champagne Rose then....

Like all new songs a second listen is often required especially if it's a new sound & I like how she takes that risk. I liked it on first play unlike I Rise although font mnd it now as an album track

Future does sound like a track rejected from Rebel Heart sessions reminds me of Unapologetic Bitch
                                              It’s very UB, sort of reminds me of Blondie’s The Tide is High and how everyone made parallels with Island of Lost Souls. But in that case both songs rocked IMO. Future is a nice song just not what was being expected as a Eurovision mega bop.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                Future is my instant favorite from all the songs released so far. Loving the vibe and I actually I really dig the vocal production here. It sounds very current.

The only regret is the fact that Quavo ends the song. Wished Madonna would've sung these last lines.
                                                Glad you love it. Check out Soltera, too

Comment

• I can’t reconcile the Joan of Arc Met Gala look with Future at all though - that song is so not cone bra material

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                    I can’t reconcile the Joan of Arc Met Gala look with Future at all though - that song is so not cone bra material
                                                    ^^ apparently the song is about Global Warming hence the gas masks and she’s the savior/martyr avenging the world and leading a path into the future with the knowledge of yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X