Clear All

• Dark Ballet - God Control - Future

What a sonic journey!

Comment

• I don’t search I find <333

Comment

• Extreme Occident 😥 <3

Comment

• Extreme occident crave I rise are so beautiful.
          Dark ballet is very theatrical
          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• But if you think I've been foolish and you only fool me once I guess it's shame on you
            Say now if you think I've been foolish and you keep on tryna do it, baby I'mma switch the plans on you

Underrated.

Comment

• "I Donít Search I Find" could literally be from "Erotica".
              Britney Spears ē Janet Jackson ē Christina Aguilera ē Michael Jackson ē Selena Gomez ē Hilary Duff ē Taylor Swift ē Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Very strong album. The critics weren't joking when they said the best was yet to come.

Comment

• I listened to the album

And I m in heaven. What an amazing piece of work: What an incredible journey.

Extreme Occident and Looking for Mercy brought me tears in my eyes

Best track

Extreme Occident
                  Batuka
                  Ciao Bella
                  I donít Search I Find
                  Looking For Mercy

My least fave

Faz Gostozo
                  B*** I m loca

Comment

• I didn't hear much of this but it already sounded a major improvement over her past releases. Dark Ballett is genius.
                    You ain't gotta break down,
                    YOU'RE TOO STRONG!"

Comment

• Omg God control faz gostoso and I don search alongside bonus tracks of funana back that up to the beat and ciao bella are a total dance heaven and dancegasm. I love those dance tracks too and they are fierce. It's an already huge improvement from last album, which didnt have proper dance tracks. She downgraded fierce avicii wash all over
                      Me and rebel heart to acoustics. I was disappointed.
                      But this time she gives us dance heaven in between all those serious conflicts, messages, and complex of politics too.
                      But she ended with I rise which sent a clear perfect message that she would rise up above all the mess and conflicts of the world in a positive vibe.
                      Amazing journey of complex contents in songs.
                      She fluently flows from start to finish like confessions did.
                      It's an amazing journey of work and I'm sure it will be considered a new 2019 ray of light in ten years from now on.
                      Love this album.
                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        It's not an instant album. It's not in my fave Madonna albums yet But i appreciate the effort.
                        Definitely not an instant album, much to love about it .... God Control is amazing, Dark ballet still one of my favourites of the last decade..... but I can say my Top 7 of her albums are probably safe in their positions still
                        It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                        But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• This here bit made feel a bit verklempt :

No more sirens, no more sickness
                          No more hunger, no more sadness
                          Tonight we go dancing, our souls are starving
                          Let's get together, happiness my darling

We need Aretha and George Michael
                          We need Bowie, we need 2Pac
                          And Avicii and Mac Miller
                          Freddie Mercury, Prince Rogers Nelson

Let's go dancing
                          Let's go dancing

We need Elvis, we need Bowie
                          We need Whitney, we need James Brown
                          And Bob Marley, Aretha Franklin
                          We need 2Pac, Prince Rogers Nelson

Comment

• Iím struggling to listen to it in full as I have family visiting for a week, so Iím listening to it in bits and pieces, but I bloody love it. Madonna and Mirwais always deliver. My early favourites are God Control and Crazy. Thereís a lot here I can imagine her just sat in a bar with a small band just singing along to, like she was making up lyrics on the spot (which is what I think KWAP is about etc).

Itís been a long time since Madge used her records to say something, so Iím loving that. I canít wait to listen to it from start to finish as I truly think itís an album that takes you on a journey.
                            M08T10

Comment

• Looks like i'm the only Madonna fan who doesn't like God Control
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                Looks like i'm the only Madonna fan who doesn't like God Control
                                Of course you would be.
                                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                  Of course you would be.
                                  It's an amazing song so unexpected at first listen, spin it a few more times you'll soon get" into the groove " lol

Comment

• I like this album is not instant and it's cohesiveness is amazing. Even fun tracks work flawlessly. I'm glad that Madonna once again delivered album that moves boundries of pop msic. With each listen this is just getting better. The only track I could live without is Come Alive. I think this should be Grammy contender.
                                    When we lose what we love
                                    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                    When we lose what we love
                                    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

• God control is amazing magnificent and spectacular.
                                      Its total 70s disco with all those string instruments and fast pace mingled with 90s disco.
                                      Donna Summer meets madonna 90s club disco.
                                      But more surprisingly she was singing a sensitive issue about gun control.
                                      This is a masterpiece. Love the juxtaposition.

Comment

• God control is genius.

Comment

• Now I'm asking myself if she actually sings the chorus on Faz Gastoso. She filmed herself singing to this song on Instagram and she didn't know the lyrics apart from "ele faz tao gastoso"

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                            Now I'm asking myself if she actually sings the chorus on Faz Gastoso. She filmed herself singing to this song on Instagram and she didn't know the lyrics apart from "ele faz tao gastoso"
                                            It's probably like when you learn a song to recite for a class and 5 minutes after you can barely repeat it. And she didn't bother singing it since they recorded it, for sure.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Dark Ballet still sounds horrible even in the context of the album.
                                              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Looking For Mercy has a great backdrop, Crazy is catchy. God Control and IDSIF are bringing a bit of the COADF vibe with the Disco-ness. Medellin is a great album opener.
                                                Last edited by Affillate; Sun June 16th, 2019, 12:58.
                                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

• Newsfeed
                                                  Music
                                                  Madonna's Global 'Madame X' Groove and Gloria Gaynor's 'Back on Top.' 5 Songs to Listen to This Weekend

Madonna's Global 'Madame X' Groove and Gloria Gaynor's 'Back on Top.' 5 Songs to Listen to This Weekend

By Raisa Bruner

June 14, 2019

A week of big releases also reveals some gems worth your time: Madonna‘s Madame X proves to be a style-sampling adventure around the world in album form; Gloria Gaynor releases a video to go along with her comeback gospel single; Matoma teams up with MNEK and Kiana Ledť on an empowering dance track; GoldLink and Khalid find a solemn groove on “Days Like This;” and Finneas taps into his most romantic side on “Angel.”

“Faz Gostoso,” Madonna feat. Anitta

Madame X, Madonna’s fourteenth album, is an eclectic project. In some ways, it’s best taken as a sampler of global music styles, filtered through the lens of the pop queen. There’s Maluma on the first single “Medellin” and the later reggaeton jam “B-tch I’m Loca,” there are African-inspired drums on the trip that is “Batuka” and there are trilling Spanish-style guitars on “Killers Who Are Partying.” It helps to understand that Madonna moved to Lisbon in 2017, contributing to her exploration of different musical styles, including Portuguese fado, the culture’s own blues tradition. “Faz Gostoso” isn’t fado, but leans into her new comfort with Portuguese, featuring Brazilian pop singer Anitta in a baile-funk slow-banger that will get under your skin. Madonna sounds confident in the strange new musical world she’s made. “I like to party,” she says in an extended bridge mid-song; you tend to believe her.

https://time.com/5606775/madonna-mad...nor-new-music/

US Time magazine picked faz gostoso as the first one of the top 5 new songs for the weekend.
                                                  im so happy she is getting rave reviews and reception. well deserved.

Comment

• I heard Hollywood Reporter gave a terrible review to album. Does it count toward MC?
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X