No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rise is fine with the ending closure. She said she hopes I rise could be an anthem for LGBTQ and marginalized people. So it's a good message song with uplifting after all the problems in the world. Its message does its job good I think. I love that song and sing sometimes. It's a beautifully written song.
    I love extreme occident too though. It's so beautiful as well
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I don't have a big problem with the vocals on the album. Funana is the only song where her voice is really strange for me and doesn't fit to the song. I think on the other songs it's fine for me or it doesn't bother me much.
      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
        Glad there is much love for Extreme Occident. She should have closed the album with it!
        Yes! It would be a really nice.

Comment

• My song of the day is Killers Who Are Partying.
          I really love the Portuguese hook and the instrumental that comes right after it.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• My song of the day has been faz gostoso all week.
            Cant stop humming though I know none of Portuguese lol
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I would rank her albums as follows

1. Erotica ( this is uneasy, it needs an open mind but when ot gets an open mind it is SO great and also it is Madonna at her most "IDGAF")
              2. Ray of Light (I came to this after the original era around 2005. And gosh this was great. It took me by storm. And for that to happen, this would have to be a very great album)
              3. Confessions on a dancefloor (I always come back to this! Explanation enough)
              4. Madame X (it is just so different for her. She took a risk here)
              5. Rebel Heart
              6. Music
              7.American Life
              8.Bedtime Stories
              9.MDNA (Unpopular opinion here
              10.Like a prayer
              11.Hard Candy
              12.True Blue
              13. Like a Virgin
              14. MADONNA

So now just kill me for this opinion... :-D
              Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• On Italian interview she said I don't search is a homage to vogue. She said she used the snapping from it. And loves house music. The best music to dance to she said.
                There could be a video if she could afford and it would be an unexpectable one

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBlitzkid View Post
                  I would rank her albums as follows

1. Erotica ( this is uneasy, it needs an open mind but when ot gets an open mind it is SO great and also it is Madonna at her most "IDGAF")
                  2. Ray of Light (I came to this after the original era around 2005. And gosh this was great. It took me by storm. And for that to happen, this would have to be a very great album)
                  3. Confessions on a dancefloor (I always come back to this! Explanation enough)
                  4. Madame X (it is just so different for her. She took a risk here)
                  5. Rebel Heart
                  6. Music
                  7.American Life
                  8.Bedtime Stories
                  9.MDNA (Unpopular opinion here
                  10.Like a prayer
                  11.Hard Candy
                  12.True Blue
                  13. Like a Virgin
                  14. MADONNA

So now just kill me for this opinion... :-D
                  Starts off OK, middle goes slightly off then last section is crazy Madame X in 4th place truly shocks me BUT it is all personal taste, so wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same standard list of 14 albums in agreement ?
                  It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                  But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• MDNA IS HER WORST ALBUM
                    Forever Young

Comment

• I really really like I Rise.

Comment

• It's so weird that metacritic is not adding a good scored 4 star review from mojo magazine to their average total score of madame x. Hmm m

Comment

• I am sad Madame X did not make it to Rolling Stones' 50 Best Albums of 2019 So Far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                            MDNA IS HER WORST ALBUM
                            I hope future generations judge MDNA differently. I still think it's the perfect break-up/divorce album. It's so heart-breaking in many ways; even "Girl Gone Wild" makes me think of a heart-broken woman going crazy in a disco drowning her pain with alcohol, music and men. Plus, her down-tempo songs and ballads on this album are some of the best of her career ("Love Spent" and "Masterpiece"). Oh well... back to Madame X, which I love too.
                            “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by fox69 View Post
                              I am sad Madame X did not make it to Rolling Stones' 50 Best Albums of 2019 So Far.
                              They gave it 60, hardly one of the best albums of the year for them
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^^^ Hopefully Grammy voters will remember Madame X later this year..

Comment

• Originally posted by fox69 View Post
                                  ^^^ Hopefully Grammy voters will remember Madame X later this year..
                                  TBH hardly anyone outside her core fanbase knows about it now. Don't expect anything. If a nomination happens that would be great, but I doubt it.
                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                    On Italian interview she said I don't search is a homage to vogue. She said she used the snapping from it. And loves house music. The best music to dance to she said.
                                    There could be a video if she could afford and it would be an unexpectable one
                                    Can she stop acting as if she has to beg for money on the street and has to sleep in a cardboard?
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                      Can she stop acting as if she has to beg for money on the street and has to sleep in a cardboard?
                                      Madonna is like that sometimes, since in a while she even flies economy.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                        It's so weird that metacritic is not adding a good scored 4 star review from mojo magazine to their average total score of madame x. Hmm m
                                        They sometimes add Mojo's reviews unusually late. I wonder if it's because they publish their reviews online before the edition of the magazine that prints their review is available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                          They sometimes add Mojo's reviews unusually late. I wonder if it's because they publish their reviews online before the edition of the magazine that prints their review is available.
                                          They don't update on weekends and it's still very early morning in some parts of the US. They'll probably update the reviews either later today or tomorrow.
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• It's a shame that 'Batuka' is a bit "ruined" by her vocals. I think after a good few spins the autotuned vocals tend to blend in (for the album overall), but I can't get over them on this song. The rhythm section seems very dynamic, there's this very earthy vibe to it....but she just sounds like she could be singing about a snickers bar. No emotion at all...like SIRI reading you the telephone book.
                                            I sometimes really wonder what the intention is when an artists makes weird choices like that.

Comment

• Omg. God control video is coming. And she started rehearsing the performance at the pride in ny

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• What is “soon” girl?

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                                    What is “soon” girl?
                                                    Last year in May she said soon for Madame X. Well I guess at least this is gonna be a long era.
                                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Very excited for it. All the videos this era have been good.

Comment

• Wow Jonas Akerlund is back too! I love it when she means business
                                                        M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                          Very excited for it. All the videos this era have been good.
                                                          Me too. I love them. So far so good. Even I rise audio video with madonna dancing like martha graham looks elegant and masterful. Videos are great this era

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                                                            It's a shame that 'Batuka' is a bit "ruined" by her vocals. I think after a good few spins the autotuned vocals tend to blend in (for the album overall), but I can't get over them on this song. The rhythm section seems very dynamic, there's this very earthy vibe to it....but she just sounds like she could be singing about a snickers bar. No emotion at all...like SIRI reading you the telephone book.
                                                            I sometimes really wonder what the intention is when an artists makes weird choices like that.
                                                            God no. I adore the vocals on Batuka - my vocals favourite on the album alongside KWAP.
                                                            M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                              God no. I adore the vocals on Batuka - my vocals favourite on the album alongside KWAP.
                                                              Okay but, what do you love about the vocals?
                                                              I mean, I love the song and I love the whole 'air' it breathes, but the vocals where she calls "It's a long waaayaaay" sound lifeless to me. While the response "It's a long waayaay" sounds like it's also her vocals but layered to sound like a choir. She sounds better in the responses to me but I don't hate the song at all!
                                                              Last edited by Hejira; Mon June 24th, 2019, 21:06.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X