Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
    MX has made ( if there was any need) M catalogue ritcher and stronger.....and gifted it of a special value

I can think of very few other pop act with such an amazing body of works over the span of four decades...
    She has the most diversified.

Can we believe that she never intended to make a new record when she moved to portugal and wanted to work on a new film but failed to happen??
    But she happened to make one hell of the album.
    Let's enjoy the most since we never know when we are gonna get a new one in the future.
    And thank her for this.
    So this feels like a pleasant bonus to me.
    Missing the top spot in uk among other important markets doesnt matter because this is just an accidental bonus from her.
    Let's be happy and appreciate this
    Last edited by autumnwind; Sat June 22nd, 2019, 20:40.
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I agree that it also could be my album of the year maybe, don't think there are many other interesting albums to come.

And I also think listening to the album is an experience, you really need to carefully listen to it and sometimes it takes time.
      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica View Post
        I agree that it also could be my album of the year maybe, don't think there are many other interesting albums to come.

And I also think listening to the album is an experience, you really need to carefully listen to it and sometimes it takes time.
        Exactly. This is trully a journey. Have to get on a ride until the last stop.
        It's a TRUE treasure and gift to me.
        My bf knew madonna as the queen of pop before but was not a fan because he didnt listen to her songs and know much.
        But he became a casual fan and learned how influential she is after I constantly talked about her to him.
        And he even enjoy this album on a car drive or at home.
        Today we went to a dinner by car while listening to this album and I started dancing to I dont search I find on the seat and he raised the volume for me. That was so cute of him lol
        He even enjoys this album.
        I cant be so happier.
        On 6/15 it was my birthday. He bought this CD for me as a gift.
        The best birthday present from the queen and my bf.
        I'm so happy
        Last edited by autumnwind; Sat June 22nd, 2019, 20:43.
        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I didn't think she'd ever record another album as creative or as inspired as this one. It gives me hope that she still has a sense of artistry in her and that there's more to come, even if she has slowed her pacing with recording albums. I'm thrilled at the amount of music videos we're receiving and I think she's going to do something very particular for the tour. She's doing theatres, where visuality and imagination comes alive in the most organic fashion, and I think she'll take full advantage of that; I can't imagine it'll be as scaled back in terms of the production value as a smaller venue such as those she's performing in might indicate.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
            Thank you all for the kind welcomes
            I was contemplating registering as louiseoriole. But that bitch alexis always wins!

Is there a way to "like" individual posts on this forum?
            If you want to like a post, you just click on the star (on the left bottom of the post).
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
              If you want to like a post, you just click on the star (on the left bottom of the post).
              Ah thanks! I've been wondering about this too!
              "Lift up your head
              Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• ^ People who get a lot of likes, get a lot of green bars on the left top above their avatar.
                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Faz Gostozo seems to be the winner for me now, i guess Madonna is now hinting for the music video now.
                  nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Rumors are circulating that God control single has been sent to radios in Italy France and Germany. Let's see how things go. Good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      I recommend you to drink wine, especially rose when you listen to Madame X.
                      You and your subtle shades
                      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                        Rumors are circulating that God control single has been sent to radios in Italy France and Germany. Let's see how things go. Good news.
                        Best decision

Comment

• I guess we'll get one proper video for "God Control" and one "Crave" alike for "Faz Gostoso" and that'll be it. The rest of the visuals is probably for the tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                            You and your subtle shades
                            It wasn't a shade though

Drinking wine to this enriches the experience
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                              She paid tribute to Michael in every possible way since his death...... it’s not a drama or the end of the world if she didn’t mention in this particular song, c’mon...
                              It’s not a drama at all, still it’s curious...
                              "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

• Erotica is my #1 still whereas Madame X ranks somewhere among the last third.
                                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• I think I'd place Madame X just outside my top five.

Comment

• I love "Madame X" but it's definitely outside my Top 5, I place it at #8.

It doesn't mean that it's a bad thing though, what simply happens is that Madonna has 7 golden unbeatable albums that can't never be surpassed in my book ("Like A Prayer", "Erotica", "Bedtime Stories, "Ray Of Light", "Music", "American Life" and "Confessions On A Dance Floor"), so for me, "Madame X" just places at #8 by default.
                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• I'm not yet sure where to place Madame X. but it won't be high. The Erotica-Bedtime-Ray-Music-American-Confessions sequence remains completely unbothered by Madame X. But I'm still digesting Madame X. For all the great things I find in it, I do get almost frustrated at certain parts with it.
                                      I have received many gifts from God,
                                      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Song of the day

Crazy

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          I'm not yet sure where to place Madame X. but it won't be high. The Erotica-Bedtime-Ray-Music-American-Confessions sequence remains completely unbothered by Madame X. But I'm still digesting Madame X. For all the great things I find in it, I do get almost frustrated at certain parts with it.
                                          Which parts?
                                          M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                            Which parts?
                                            Maybe it's because I've really played Medellín a lot, but for days I start the album from God Control and remove Future. Future remains the worst track on the album and it helps with shaving off some runtime. I don't find Dark Ballet bad, but it doesn't fit for me between Medellín and God Control, which is why I skip it and I don't feel like pushing it somewhere later in the tracklist.

Then there's this feeling that somewhere mid God Control there's a point where the song goes on for too long. I can't pinpoint it yet, but it frustrates me because the beginning, the choir kicking in, the buildup to the disco part and the ending when the drums come in are amazing. Something is off mid-point for me and I don't know exactly what.

Batuka is probably the most frustrating experience on the album. I like the music a lot, but those vocals get worse and worse with each listen. Easily the worst vocal production in her career for me.

From that point on it's more or less smooth ride for me, with only a couple of smaller things I mind, but most of the "problems" with Madame X comes from that first third of the album. I can't believe everyone is sleeping on the subtle brilliance that is Extreme Occident.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• The only song i don't like is Batuka and i'm getting used to that.
                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                                I can't believe everyone is sleeping on the subtle brilliance that is Extreme Occident.
                                                !!!!!

Comment

• #40 on US iTunes.... that second week drop

Comment

• Not gonna lie, the overly processed vocals is something that I still find very frustrating about "Madame X".

Still having fun with it though.
                                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Working...
                                                    X