No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some fans on Facebook are reporting that their Madame X cassettes in the deluxe box set came without the actual tape! What a mess lol just after we also noticed the wrong track listing printed on some of the vinyls.

https://www.facebook.com/MadonnaDisc...8949722473854/
    Last edited by madfan13; Thu June 27th, 2019, 13:46.
    “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
      Some fans on Facebook are reporting that their Madame X cassettes in the deluxe box set came without the actual tape! What a mess lol just after we also noticed the wrong track listing printed on some of the vinyls.

What the hell
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I'm excited with the repercussion of God Control's video! Universally acclaimed until now! I hope it will get at least an award nomination...
        Ô mondo é solvagen, ô camíneo ê soletáreo ê ê ê

Comment

• This better become true, 'cause if they are going to nominate Nacardi B or another hip-hopper video we are ****ed up

Comment

• Originally posted by basticasas View Post
            This better become true, 'cause if they are going to nominate Nacardi B or another hip-hopper video we are ****ed up
            They will sadly :(
            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
              Some fans on Facebook are reporting that their Madame X cassettes in the deluxe box set came without the actual tape! What a mess lol just after we also noticed the wrong track listing printed on some of the vinyls.

That made me rush and check mine .. hadn't opened the cassette .. luckily it's there
              It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
              But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Wonder where she got that lyric from

M08T10

Comment

• Ao, this is officially the last album with/under Interscope. Wondering what’s next. I would sign her to a label that still has some expectations. Whatever WB did, there was a lot of harm, but I feel that this type of self management has harmed her even more.

Comment

• I would want her to go back to records company. Interscope distribution is the worst. They dont even sell and distribute the cds. The worst this time.
                    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Honestly, i don't see her recording and releasing a new album after this. All the negativity among fans and press, it's simply not worth it. Ofc i would love a new album but i will totally understand her if she'll choose not to release new music in the future.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                        Honestly, i don't see her recording and releasing a new album after this. All the negativity among fans and press, it's simply not worth it. Ofc i would love a new album but i will totally understand her if she'll choose not to release new music in the future.
                        he?

The Madonna fans I know are basically praising the album and the "worst" review from the press was like 4/5? She's Top 5 almost everywhere and reached #1 in the US. I don't think that there's "negativity" among fans and press at all.
                        Where does your perception come from?
                        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                          Honestly, i don't see her recording and releasing a new album after this. All the negativity among fans and press, it's simply not worth it. Ofc i would love a new album but i will totally understand her if she'll choose not to release new music in the future.
                          Yes sadly. I honestly don't see another normal studio album coming too :( Even though Madame X is really great. It seems like all people except her fans want her to fail and wait for it.
                          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• [MENTION=16221]madfan13[/MENTION] is there a plural from vinyl?
                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
                              [MENTION=16221]madfan13[/MENTION] is there a plural from vinyl?
                              I have received many gifts from God,
                              but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                                Along with Dark Ballet of course
                                people liked that video?
                                Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                  people liked that video?
                                  Um...yeah everyone did. Billboard even called it one of the best videos of the year so far.
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Of course she'll release another studio album.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                                      he?

The Madonna fans I know are basically praising the album and the "worst" review from the press was like 4/5? She's Top 5 almost everywhere and reached #1 in the US. I don't think that there's "negativity" among fans and press at all.
                                      Where does your perception come from?
                                      She has put a lot of work into this album for little reward. he album will struggle to get to 500k worldwide, why would she want to put in so much work for such little reward?

The only way I see her doing another studio album is if it picks up some awards.
                                      Why reach for the Moon when we have the Stars.

Comment

• I doubt her main motivation for making music at this stage of career is album sales. All the (justified) praise she's been getting for Madame X will feed her hungry ego for at least 3 more albums

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                          Um...yeah everyone did. Billboard even called it one of the best videos of the year so far.
                                          I love the video! And the song.
                                          It got me to actually listen to the album and I still feel it's the ultimate highlight on the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by jules25 View Post
                                            She has put a lot of work into this album for little reward. he album will struggle to get to 500k worldwide, why would she want to put in so much work for such little reward?

The only way I see her doing another studio album is if it picks up some awards.
                                            Too bad this is how you think. Luckily artists don't think like this, otherwise a lot of them who put out amazing music album after album without much mainstream success would give up a long time ago. Sometimes it's not all about infinite #1's, ruling the charts and shitloads of sales. And Madonna is (and has been for a long time) at a stage where she doesn't need to have all that. And with Madame X it seems she herself has finally accepted that fact, did an album she wanted to do and felt like doing and will do an intimate theater tour she talked about 3-4 years ago.

She will make another album. There's only one thing that could stop her and I won't even write that down as it's not something I'm looking forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by jules25 View Post
                                              Albums in general don't sell in the same numbers they used to throughout the 00s, and early 10s.

However, i'm confident that Madonna's Madame X tour plus merchandise will be where all the big money rolls in.

Comment

• This album is crazy good when drinking. Listening to Extreme Occident while drinking G&T it makes me reflect.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I do find it curious no one has announced that they have signed Madonna to their label, as MX is the last of her announced contractual albums under her 2007 Live Nation deal.

Madonna will never have issues getting signed so it’s not a worry, but it’s curious nonetheless.

There’s no way Madame X is her last album. My dream is she’ll keep going until she can do a 20th studio album, but the way she goes about it now, we’ll need 20 years for another 6 albums.
                                                  M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                    I do find it curious no one has announced that they have signed Madonna to their label, as MX is the last of her announced contractual albums under her 2007 Live Nation deal.

Madonna will never have issues getting signed so it’s not a worry, but it’s curious nonetheless.

There’s no way Madame X is her last album. My dream is she’ll keep going until she can do a 20th studio album, but the way she goes about it now, we’ll need 20 years for another 6 albums.
                                                    Album is two weeks out and you expect the news about new contract? Any half decent contract would ban any public mention of future contracts with other companies/promoters until the era is done in full. Don't expect anything before the end of Madame X Tour.

Comment

• Yes. This album is for drinking too.
                                                      My bf bought a new car and we were celebrating with wines while playing madame x.
                                                      Ended up emptying the whole bottle and rolling on the floor together. Lol
                                                      Madame x is a bartendess too.
                                                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Stopping making new records is the least likely thing she will do.
                                                        She will keep coming with more issues in new records because she still has more things to say.

Comment

• Agreed. I'm sure we have many, many more studio albums coming from M in the next two decades. Not sure where the retirement fears are coming from. Perhaps her next project should be with Warner Bros, a 40th anniversary retrospective (either 2022 or 2023) to coincide with a juicy biographical film (with her as the executive producer on it) and a greatest hits tour. Then a new studio album with a new label in 2024/5.

Comment

• Well, if she plans to sing while having grillz on her teeth on the next album, I'd rather have her prepare a GH tour instead.

This is what I'd do, if I was M.

1. New album in early 2023
                                                            2. GH Stadium Tour in summer 2023 that includes Asia, Australia, and South America with 100-120 dates. It would wrap somewhere in 2024 and she would definitelly reach 500 million $.
                                                            3. New album in 2028 around her 70th birthday, completely artistic. Tour can be optional, or limited dates in small venues.

Comment

• Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                                                              I doubt her main motivation for making music at this stage of career is album sales. All the (justified) praise she's been getting for Madame X will feed her hungry ego for at least 3 more albums
                                                              This.

I think that veteran acts/legends put out albums because they want to.. not because they need the money and they would like to see their albums going Platinum everywhere.

Releasing a new album every third/fourth year is nothing new for acts like Madonna, Kylie, Janet or now even Britney, Xtina...

Also, I think that Madonna is a true artist and she still has a lot to say and let's be honest... after two albums lacking originality (to some extent) and full of trend-chasing moments..who would have thought that she would be THAT innovative, experimental and outspoken in 2019? - Madonna won't stop making music.
                                                              Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

Working...
                                                              X