Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
    Album is two weeks out and you expect the news about new contract? Any half decent contract would ban any public mention of future contracts with other companies/promoters until the era is done in full. Don't expect anything before the end of Madame X Tour.
    Well the Live Nation deal was publicly confirmed in 2007, before Hard Candy dropped in 2008.
    M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
      Well the Live Nation deal was publicly confirmed in 2007, before Hard Candy dropped in 2008.
      Well the thing about that was that Sticky & Seeet Tour was done under that contract so the ending of Warner deal with HC being the last album for them and the beginning of LN deal had a crossover and it made sense to be announced then (notice how they announced it before the album so it doesn't take focus off the album once it's released - that's also a thing to note). MX is the last album under the deal and MXT is still done under Live Nation, so there's no need for a new contract to steal the thunder or focus off MX.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• This is the first Madonna album I couldn’t listen to all the way through. Not a fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad View Post
          This is the first Madonna album I couldn’t listen to all the way through. Not a fan.
          Part of the problem is the length
          Forever Young

Comment

• https://www.amazon.co.uk/Madonna-Wor...gateway&sr=8-2

If anyone finds a link of this online, please post it.

Comment

• Really interesting documentary.
              She really is passionate about this record.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• oh gosh. its painful not to be able to live and reside in uk.
                i cant watch it.
                i wanted so bad though.
                maybe dvd release?
                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I signed up to Prime to watch it and I really enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer; I think an album so inspired by another culture with so much to address lyrically deserves a more in-depth recounting of its creative process. I'd love to see her do a track by track commentary of each song at some point too. Maybe she will on the SiriusXM broadcast. I'm looking forward to seeing what that brings about.

Comment

• Crazy is cute. She better give me fed up black woman vibes.
                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                      oh gosh. its painful not to be able to live and reside in uk.
                      i cant watch it.
                      i wanted so bad though.
                      maybe dvd release?
                      If you live in US, it's on Amazon Prime

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
                        If you live in US, it's on Amazon Prime
                        I'm from asia
                        Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Hopefully it will show up online for those in other markets.

Meanwhile, I wrote a 5-star Amazon review for it already!
                          A visionary's oeuvre...
                          This short film captures the mind, heart and soul behind Madonna's incredible Madame X album. From her homebase of Lisbon, she discusses the musical inspiration behind the inventive tracks. A must see after you have listened to the album in full, to truly comprehend the sheer magnitude of her artistic vision. Brava Senhora!

Comment

• Why isn’t it on Apple Music? That’s so sick and twisted
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She is performing I rise and God control in
                              Ny pride tomorrow. Sounds great by looking
                              At her soundcheck footage.

Comment

• Medellín, Crave and God Control are my favorite songs right now.
                                Happy to see they all have great videos.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• She's a smart lady, collaborating with Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon so that she has the support of all platforms.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                    She is performing I rise and God control in
                                    Ny pride tomorrow. Sounds great by looking
                                    At her soundcheck footage.
                                    I agree, her vocals are on point

Comment

• I wonder if God Control will also get an edited video for tv.
                                      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Song of the day

Medellín

Comment

• Dark Ballet and God Control videos just get better and better the more I watch them. So impressed with the visuals this era, those 2 are absolute masterpieces.
                                          It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                          But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                                            Dark Ballet and God Control videos just get better and better the more I watch them. So impressed with the visuals this era, those 2 are absolute masterpieces.
                                            God Control has impressed me so much.

Comment

• What I don’t understand is where did the budget come from compared to MDNA and RH? She has shot 5 videos, done extensive photo shoots (most remain unreleased, but even so) and those promo videos etc... did she get paid to do The MET gala?
                                              M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                                What I don’t understand is where did the budget come from compared to MDNA and RH? She has shot 5 videos, done extensive photo shoots (most remain unreleased, but even so) and those promo videos etc... did she get paid to do The MET gala?
                                                MDNA Skin
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Mdna skin does all the magic. She looks glowing and pays all the bills. lol

Comment

• she should've done a music video for whole album.
                                                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

• The Amazon Prime video is a must. It’s Madonna explaining each song and is basically a 20 minute version of that ‘I’m Madame X’ video she released when the album was announced. Basically, it’s an album booklet in video format
                                                      M08T10

Comment

• I love it when she sings in Portuguese in KWAP.
                                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                          I love it when she sings in Portuguese in KWAP.
                                                          I love how "natural" it sounds, by natural I mean not out of place.
                                                          One of the best songs on this record.
                                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                            It's gorgeous! So underrated. One of the most forward thinking songs there. I love the contrast between the Portuguese influences contrasted with the trap influences. I think the lyrics are very prominent and I don't find them cringeworthy at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                                              I love how "natural" it sounds, by natural I mean not out of place.
                                                              The use of language is really brilliant everywhere - it never feels forced, or done to for effect.
                                                              M08T10

Comment

Working...
                                                              X