No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't understand why "Extreme Occident" isn't in the standard version, I personally think it's the best song on the album.

Comment

• I was going to ask what people think about the vocal production on 'Batuka', but I think beredy hits the nail on the head, and I believe MrLeonix also touched upon it in his reviews some pages back. The autotune used throughout the album is often used correctly (in my opinion) to aid the song's production: I can understand and appreciate the processed parts of 'Dark Ballet', 'God Control', 'I Rise' and 'Funana' in particular, but on 'Batuka' I feel it's present for the sake of it and the song's musicality would be highlighted to a much greater degree without it.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Maybe it's because I've really played Medellín a lot, but for days I start the album from God Control and remove Future. Future remains the worst track on the album and it helps with shaving off some runtime. I don't find Dark Ballet bad, but it doesn't fit for me between Medellín and God Control, which is why I skip it and I don't feel like pushing it somewhere later in the tracklist.

Then there's this feeling that somewhere mid God Control there's a point where the song goes on for too long. I can't pinpoint it yet, but it frustrates me because the beginning, the choir kicking in, the buildup to the disco part and the ending when the drums come in are amazing. Something is off mid-point for me and I don't know exactly what.

Batuka is probably the most frustrating experience on the album. I like the music a lot, but those vocals get worse and worse with each listen. Easily the worst vocal production in her career for me.

From that point on it's more or less smooth ride for me, with only a couple of smaller things I mind, but most of the "problems" with Madame X comes from that first third of the album. I can't believe everyone is sleeping on the subtle brilliance that is Extreme Occident.
        I think Dark Ballet and God Control need switching - DB is brilliance, but it comes ever so slightly too early on the album. I agree on God Control - it does feel like it goes on forever

Have to disagree with the vocals on Batuka - I absolutely love them. In fact it’s probably my favourite song so far on the album (alongside KEAP and Crazy).

I kinda removed all 4 pre-released tracks from so far, as I’m more interested in the new songs, but I have listened to it all the way through a few times and I do think Crave is also in the wrong place. Can’t figure out where to put it get, but possibly Medellín, Hod Control then Crave would have been a great opening sequence.

Tbh DB would have been the prefect bridge song between the more commercial stuff and the more experimental tracks. But all of these things are minor niggles - MX is amazing.
        M08T10

Comment

• Madame x is my top 6 album. Fine with it.
          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Glad there is much love for Extreme Occident. She should have closed the album with it!

Comment

• I rise is fine with the ending closure. She said she hopes I rise could be an anthem for LGBTQ and marginalized people. So it's a good message song with uplifting after all the problems in the world. Its message does its job good I think. I love that song and sing sometimes. It's a beautifully written song.
              I love extreme occident too though. It's so beautiful as well
              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I don't have a big problem with the vocals on the album. Funana is the only song where her voice is really strange for me and doesn't fit to the song. I think on the other songs it's fine for me or it doesn't bother me much.
                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by grooveboy View Post
                  Glad there is much love for Extreme Occident. She should have closed the album with it!
                  Yes! It would be a really nice.

Comment

• My song of the day is Killers Who Are Partying.
                    I really love the Portuguese hook and the instrumental that comes right after it.
                    5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• My song of the day has been faz gostoso all week.
                      Cant stop humming though I know none of Portuguese lol

Comment

• I would rank her albums as follows

1. Erotica ( this is uneasy, it needs an open mind but when ot gets an open mind it is SO great and also it is Madonna at her most "IDGAF")
                        2. Ray of Light (I came to this after the original era around 2005. And gosh this was great. It took me by storm. And for that to happen, this would have to be a very great album)
                        3. Confessions on a dancefloor (I always come back to this! Explanation enough)
                        4. Madame X (it is just so different for her. She took a risk here)
                        5. Rebel Heart
                        6. Music
                        7.American Life
                        8.Bedtime Stories
                        9.MDNA (Unpopular opinion here
                        10.Like a prayer
                        11.Hard Candy
                        12.True Blue
                        13. Like a Virgin
                        14. MADONNA

So now just kill me for this opinion... :-D
                        Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• On Italian interview she said I don't search is a homage to vogue. She said she used the snapping from it. And loves house music. The best music to dance to she said.
                          There could be a video if she could afford and it would be an unexpectable one

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyBlitzkid View Post
                            I would rank her albums as follows

1. Erotica ( this is uneasy, it needs an open mind but when ot gets an open mind it is SO great and also it is Madonna at her most "IDGAF")
                            2. Ray of Light (I came to this after the original era around 2005. And gosh this was great. It took me by storm. And for that to happen, this would have to be a very great album)
                            3. Confessions on a dancefloor (I always come back to this! Explanation enough)
                            4. Madame X (it is just so different for her. She took a risk here)
                            5. Rebel Heart
                            6. Music
                            7.American Life
                            8.Bedtime Stories
                            9.MDNA (Unpopular opinion here
                            10.Like a prayer
                            11.Hard Candy
                            12.True Blue
                            13. Like a Virgin
                            14. MADONNA

So now just kill me for this opinion... :-D
                            Starts off OK, middle goes slightly off then last section is crazy Madame X in 4th place truly shocks me BUT it is all personal taste, so wouldn't it be boring if we all had the same standard list of 14 albums in agreement ?
                            It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                            But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• MDNA IS HER WORST ALBUM
                              Forever Young

Comment

• I really really like I Rise.

Comment

• It's so weird that metacritic is not adding a good scored 4 star review from mojo magazine to their average total score of madame x. Hmm m

Comment

• I am sad Madame X did not make it to Rolling Stones' 50 Best Albums of 2019 So Far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      MDNA IS HER WORST ALBUM
                                      I hope future generations judge MDNA differently. I still think it's the perfect break-up/divorce album. It's so heart-breaking in many ways; even "Girl Gone Wild" makes me think of a heart-broken woman going crazy in a disco drowning her pain with alcohol, music and men. Plus, her down-tempo songs and ballads on this album are some of the best of her career ("Love Spent" and "Masterpiece"). Oh well... back to Madame X, which I love too.
                                      “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• Originally posted by fox69 View Post
                                        I am sad Madame X did not make it to Rolling Stones' 50 Best Albums of 2019 So Far.
                                        They gave it 60, hardly one of the best albums of the year for them
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^^^ Hopefully Grammy voters will remember Madame X later this year..

Comment

• Originally posted by fox69 View Post
                                            ^^^ Hopefully Grammy voters will remember Madame X later this year..
                                            TBH hardly anyone outside her core fanbase knows about it now. Don't expect anything. If a nomination happens that would be great, but I doubt it.
                                            I have received many gifts from God,
                                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                              On Italian interview she said I don't search is a homage to vogue. She said she used the snapping from it. And loves house music. The best music to dance to she said.
                                              There could be a video if she could afford and it would be an unexpectable one
                                              Can she stop acting as if she has to beg for money on the street and has to sleep in a cardboard?
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                                Can she stop acting as if she has to beg for money on the street and has to sleep in a cardboard?
                                                Madonna is like that sometimes, since in a while she even flies economy.
                                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                  It's so weird that metacritic is not adding a good scored 4 star review from mojo magazine to their average total score of madame x. Hmm m
                                                  They sometimes add Mojo's reviews unusually late. I wonder if it's because they publish their reviews online before the edition of the magazine that prints their review is available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
                                                    They sometimes add Mojo's reviews unusually late. I wonder if it's because they publish their reviews online before the edition of the magazine that prints their review is available.
                                                    They don't update on weekends and it's still very early morning in some parts of the US. They'll probably update the reviews either later today or tomorrow.
                                                    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

Working...
                                                    X