No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a shame that 'Batuka' is a bit "ruined" by her vocals. I think after a good few spins the autotuned vocals tend to blend in (for the album overall), but I can't get over them on this song. The rhythm section seems very dynamic, there's this very earthy vibe to it....but she just sounds like she could be singing about a snickers bar. No emotion at all...like SIRI reading you the telephone book.
    I sometimes really wonder what the intention is when an artists makes weird choices like that.
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Omg. God control video is coming. And she started rehearsing the performance at the pride in ny
      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• What is “soon” girl?

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
            What is “soon” girl?
            Last year in May she said soon for Madame X. Well I guess at least this is gonna be a long era.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Very excited for it. All the videos this era have been good.
              "Lift up your head
              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Wow Jonas Akerlund is back too! I love it when she means business
                M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                  Very excited for it. All the videos this era have been good.
                  Me too. I love them. So far so good. Even I rise audio video with madonna dancing like martha graham looks elegant and masterful. Videos are great this era
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

It's a shame that 'Batuka' is a bit "ruined" by her vocals. I think after a good few spins the autotuned vocals tend to blend in (for the album overall), but I can't get over them on this song. The rhythm section seems very dynamic, there's this very earthy vibe to it....but she just sounds like she could be singing about a snickers bar. No emotion at all...like SIRI reading you the telephone book.
                    I sometimes really wonder what the intention is when an artists makes weird choices like that.
                    God no. I adore the vocals on Batuka - my vocals favourite on the album alongside KWAP.
                    M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      God no. I adore the vocals on Batuka - my vocals favourite on the album alongside KWAP.
                      Okay but, what do you love about the vocals?
                      I mean, I love the song and I love the whole 'air' it breathes, but the vocals where she calls "It's a long waaayaaay" sound lifeless to me. While the response "It's a long waayaay" sounds like it's also her vocals but layered to sound like a choir. She sounds better in the responses to me but I don't hate the song at all!
                      Last edited by Hejira; Mon June 24th, 2019, 21:06.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Okay but, what do you love about the vocals?
                        I mean, I love the song and I love the whole 'air' it breathes, but the vocals where she calls "It's a long waaayaaay" sound lifeless to me. While the response "It's a long waayaay" sounds like it's also her vocals but layered to sound like a choir. She sounds better in the responses to me but I don't hate the song at all!
                        That line is my favourite part!

The entire song is supposed to be one long chant and I think her voice works perfectly on it.
                        M08T10

Comment

That line is my favourite part!

The entire song is supposed to be one long chant and I think her voice works perfectly on it.
                          Yeah it is simply a long chant (which could have been better without autotuned vocals but...)
                          In this case, I'll stop whining about it and enjoy it for what it is!
                          "Lift up your head
                          Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                            MDNA IS HER WORST ALBUM
                            Hard Candy says hello
                            It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                            But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                              Hard Candy says hello
                              I'm thinking 'Rebel Heart' is her worst
                              Diversity, we love it.
                              I was obsessed with "Turn up the radio"...very energetic and fun.
                              'Love spent' is brilliant.
                              "Lift up your head
                              Lift up your heart..."

Comment

Hard Candy says hello
                                LAP says hello.
                                M08T10

Comment

LAP says hello.
                                  I'll ignore that as the talk of a deranged madman

Comment

• This page is full of menime123 nonsense.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• U guys are the worst
                                      Lol why talk and bitch about the worst album rather than celebrate the present and pick on each other???
                                      Gosh.
                                      I will follow the trend here.
                                      American life says hello.
                                      Lol

Comment

Hard Candy says hello
                                        This opinion is valid. Btw Madgefan Have you recovered from the trauma of listening to that album?
                                        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

I'm thinking 'Rebel Heart' is her worst
                                          Diversity, we love it.
                                          I was obsessed with "Turn up the radio"...very energetic and fun.
                                          'Love spent' is brilliant.
                                          'Love Spent' is my favourite I think from MDNA. I still used to get that excitement listening to M's albums back then, not so much with 'Madame X' until we heard 'Dark Ballet'. Controversial comment ... GMAYL is better than Medellin

Comment

• When the strings drop on God Control:

M08T10

Comment

Controversial comment ... GMAYL is better than Medellin

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                This opinion is valid. Btw Madgefan Have you recovered from the trauma of listening to that album?
                                                You know what Mr L I'm not sure I have, it's in every Heartbeat, I hear Voices, even when I'm Miles Away I only get 4 Minutes before the Beat Goes On

Comment

'Love Spent' is my favourite I think from MDNA. I still used to get that excitement listening to M's albums back then, not so much with 'Madame X' until we heard 'Dark Ballet'. Controversial comment ... GMAYL is better than Medellin
                                                  That's a controversial opinion yes, haha.
                                                  I think it's not as terrible as it's made out to be though, It was a fun pop song.
                                                  I really shouldn't have such retrospective opinions yet though, not until I've heard the bulk of her discography.
                                                  "Lift up your head
                                                  Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
                                                    American life says hello.
                                                    You play a dangerous game sir.
                                                    M08T10

Comment

Working...
                                                    X