No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I told u all. Extreme occident is extremely beautiful and vulnerable. It's a great song. Love it.
    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• It's interesting to hear how she has explained 'Extreme Occident' in promotional interviews for the album. I took it to literally be about immigration, but she's explained it as if it was a personal song about her life. It's an amazing song, and I can't understand why it and 'Looking for Mercy' are bonus tracks, especially since they're inserted into the track list as if they are part of the album.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexiscolby View Post
        here is my ranking from most to least favorite:
        I Don't Search I Find
        God Control
        Looking for Mercy
        Faz Gostoso
        Future
        Batuka
        Extreme Occident
        Killers
        Medellin
        Dark Ballet
        Crazy
        Crave
        Come Alive
        I Rise
        Bitch I'm Loca
        (Still waiting to receive my 2-CD version to experience the bonus tracks.)
        Edit: now that I have the bonus CD and all the songs have sunk in:

Extreme Occident
        KWAP
        Ciao Bella (this era's Beautiful Killer)
        I Don't Search I Find
        Looking for Mercy
        Faz Gostoso
        Batuka
        God Control
        Future
        Medellin
        Crazy
        Come Alive
        I Rise
        Crave
        Dark Ballet
        Back That Up to the Beat
        Bitch I'm Loca (this really should have been a bonus CD track)
        Funana

Comment

• Extreme Occident is obviously a very personal and introspective song, the lyrics clearly paint her search for meaning/religion/values. I kind of feel like it's a very grown up and wise version of Human Nature, where she doesn't need to address her opponents that criticized her on her way of discovering herself, but contemplates on how she now understands her life path has always been and remains a personal thing for her and others can't make her feel lost anymore because of it, but she still feels the hurt of times others called her out and possibly made her doubt herself.

Also where did you all see the documentary?
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Here is the documentary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14NrWlJ7THQ

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post
              No confessions is great. No filler. Until yesterday I listened to it again. I thought there were so many great songs and no hole. The whole album is greatly shaped and blissful.
              I disagree, almost half of it is filler imo.
              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• After a few listens I am now beginning to appreciate this album.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                  Welcomed to disagree.
                  My bf was not a pop music fan but became to love all the songs like me. Lol
                  We enjoy together.
                  It's a great feeling.
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Anyone there?

Comment

• Originally posted by bitchshesmadonna View Post
                      Anyone there?
                      Yes
                      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• So, who spread the rumors that there is a video for "Batuka"?

Comment

• Song of the day

I rise

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Washingtonian25 View Post
                              So, who spread the rumors that there is a video for "Batuka"?
                              Hopefully someone who was completely wrong.

Comment

• I decided that my favorite thing from this era is that Amazon documentary It's amazingly done and I rewatch it several times daily <3
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever taste the same
                                When we lose what we love
                                Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Comment

There's footage of her on the shores of Portugal with the black wig and the singers that we assume are the ones from Batuka all around her. Unless that footage is in the documentary that is where the rumor starts. I have not seen the doc yet to compare.

Comment

• Didnít she say it herself when she did the Q&A in London?
                                    M08T10

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                      I love this remix
                                      It should be sent to clubs for the next club chart pr.

Comment

• Nice documentary.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Madonna herself literally said Batuka was filmed in one fo the interviews and there are pics of her filming it.

Comment

• do you guys think this would've been an ok EP? :

1-Medellin
                                            2-BIL
                                            3-Soltera
                                            4-other M&M song
                                            5-Medellin remix
                                            6-another song's remix

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                              do you guys think this would've been an ok EP? :

1-Medellin
                                              2-BIL
                                              3-Soltera
                                              4-other M&M song
                                              5-Medellin remix
                                              6-another song's remix

I think it would be good choices , certainly follows a cohesive theme. It would probably do well in South America. But I wouldn’t buy it
                                              Just needs Spanish Lesson adding to it

I’d love a God Control remix EP.
                                              It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
                                              But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• https://m.soundcloud.com/teases/mado...samba-papi-mix

Amazing. Faz gostoso goes to samba party banger. Love this.

Comment

• That's a great remix!

Comment

That's a great remix!
                                                    Omg here its morning.
                                                    I found this remix.
                                                    And couldn't help starting dancing.
                                                    And my bf before going to work saw me doing this mess and laughed.
                                                    This remix is amazing.
                                                    Madonna should push this song to clubs as soon as possible.

Comment

• Each time i listen to this, i have a new favorite song. Definitely the best album of 2019.
                                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                        Half was indeed filler
                                                        Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                          do you guys think this would've been an ok EP? :

1-Medellin
                                                          2-BIL
                                                          3-Soltera
                                                          4-other M&M song
                                                          5-Medellin remix
                                                          6-another song's remix
                                                          The way she loves a good collab... expect Maluma on the next album of two

Seriously though, they work extremely well together.
                                                          M08T10

Comment

• Confessions and filler? Lord have mercy on your lost souls not a single filler
                                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                                                              Confessions and filler? Lord have mercy on your lost souls not a single filler
                                                              Exactly. I do believe that thereís a lack of single choices on the album (beyond the 4 that were released) but thereís a huge difference between a great album track and filler.

The closest she got to filler was Superpop and she kept that off the album
                                                              M08T10

Comment

Working...
                                                              X