No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She seems really passionate about and connected to 'Batuka'. It's not one of my favourite songs on the record (it is growing on me with each listen) but I think she'll really bring it to life with the visual as well as on the tour, where I have a feeling it might be the opening song.

Comment

• Originally posted by jszmiles View Post
      so now there's no hope for I Don't Search release, what a loss
      Releasing such a boring dance track as a single would be a loss.
      This album has unique world music influences from fado and morna that should become its trademark instead of songs that sound like rejects from COADF.

Comment

so now there's no hope for I Don't Search release, what a loss
        Batuka was filmed MONTHS ago as we already knew and saw pics of while they were filming. So this effects nothing in the future.

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
          This album has unique world music influences from fado and morna that should become its trademark instead of songs that sound like rejects from COADF.
          I've got to agree with Maroon here, to me it's a pretty dull track, far too generic and I hate the Vogue comparisons.
          It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
          But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Batuka is her passion project and i get why she filmed a video for that. I will never like that song though.
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
              Batuka is her passion project and i get why she filmed a video for that. I will never like that song though.
              Me either. For me it's a boring fest track. And even long for me. And Same repetition.
              Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Batuka is one of my favourites. It’s genius and I can’t wait to see it live
                M08T10

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by maroon View Post
                    Even the rejects from COADF are more interesting than 90% of this album. I agree that it doesn't suit this album at all, if it is what you're trying to say but I don't buy the "uniqueness" of other tracks, actually I don't even see what they're unique for.
                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Even the rejects from COADF are more interesting than 90% of this album. I agree that it doesn't suit this album at all, if it is what you're trying to say but I don't buy the "uniqueness" of other tracks, actually I don't even see what they're unique for.

Then you aren’t listening properly. Almost every other track is a different genre, to the point you can’t name them. Which a-listers are producing songs like Dark Ballet, Batuka or Killers Who Are Partying?
                      M08T10

Comment

• Is uniqueness reserved for "a-listers" then? Billie Ellish's tracks are more unique for me to be honest. Nah, pointless discussion as it is all a matter of taste. case closed.
                        KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Is uniqueness reserved for "a-listers" then? Billie Ellish's tracks are more unique for me to be honest. Nah, pointless discussion as it is all a matter of taste. case closed.
                          Well it’s unique in that Madonna is very clearly offering something on MX that other a-list artists aren’t. MX brings many genres to the table that aren’t known on a global scale.

And of course we have to categorise it somehow. Madonna is an a-lister so I went with that category. Otherwise we’d all be saying it wasn’t anything unique because clearly someone, somewhere is performing these genres on a regular basis

Billie Ellis’s isn’t unique. She’s just the current ‘different’. Not knocking her as she does what she does very well, but we’ve seen many come to the table with the first record and serve something fresh. But her style and approach is already very comparable to Kate Bush.
                          M08T10

Comment

• Album of the YEAR !!

Comment

• The 'Batuka' trailer looks outstanding. I can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                Well it’s unique in that Madonna is very clearly offering something on MX that other a-list artists aren’t. MX brings many genres to the table that aren’t known on a global scale.

And of course we have to categorise it somehow. Madonna is an a-lister so I went with that category. Otherwise we’d all be saying it wasn’t anything unique because clearly someone, somewhere is performing these genres on a regular basis

Billie Ellis’s isn’t unique. She’s just the current ‘different’. Not knocking her as she does what she does very well, but we’ve seen many come to the table with the first record and serve something fresh. But her style and approach is already very comparable to Kate Bush.
                                You kind of fell into your own trap here. Billie Eilish is different, not just current different, but she really is. It's a fact. That she somehow reminds you of Kate Bush is beside the point as Kate was never an A-lister, she was always an off artist when it comes to mainstream.

If you stand by what you said, then Madonna was never truly different for any of her eras (including MX which you're "defending" here), as she always emulated the same pool of off artists where you'd put Kate also.

Both Billie and Madonna brought something new and unique to the pop arena this year. That's a fact. Which one is more unique is a matter of personal taste.
                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• What time is Batuka video premiered European time?

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• I like the video! I expected something a but more colorful but this was nice and sweet.

Comment

• What a beautiful video... Chilled, yet powerful. I loved the shadows of the ships at the end... an allusion to the slave trade. So what if the GP isn't paying attention, their loss. She's doing the right thing and producing amazing art. Go M!
                                        “A sure way to lose happiness, I found, is to want it at the expense of everything else.” - Bette Davis

Comment

• I like the video

Comment

• Is it just me ir does she seem really dedicated to the 'Madame X' project? During the past two eras, it seems like she only cared about business, while this time around, she's actually in it with her heart - irrespective of what the general audience thinks of it (and that's always been a huge priority for her).
                                            When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
                                            Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
                                            (Maren Morris)

Comment

• Good video but sometimes it's a little repetitive

Comment

• Is the video not on YT?
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  Is it just me ir does she seem really dedicated to the 'Madame X' project? During the past two eras, it seems like she only cared about business, while this time around, she's actually in it with her heart - irrespective of what the general audience thinks of it (and that's always been a huge priority for her).
                                                  She's put the music first this time, that's what feels different. The past few albums have felt like mere delivery mechanisms for tours and other products. She's been genuinely inspired by the music this era and M is always at her best when that is the case
                                                  The sands of time fade into dark
                                                  Feel your pulse it's groove o'clock
                                                  A message to madness
                                                  Feel music that's realness

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I hope she has or gets a chance to make even more videos from the MX era. All the videos so far have been great and they all highlight the music very well.
                                                      I'd like to see a visual for 'Faz Gostoso' and 'Extreme Occident' to round out the different 'tastes' of the album.

On a different note, I was supposed to give Bedtime Stories another spin but (I'm mentally a 100 years old I guess, I don't like Spotify all that much) couldn't find a download to put on my phone so I can listen while hiking with my dog, music comes alive much more when I'm in nature.
                                                      I ordered some of her albums online today so I can just rip them and listen legally. Review still coming, but not yet LOL.

Comment

• Very nice video, well done and you can see how important that song is to her. I really wish for even more Madame X videos cause all of them were mostly done so well.
                                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• I like the video as well. I didn’t expect to like it that much. She looks really good in it and she seemed to have a lot of fun. The end with the ships though...damn. :(
                                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I love the video: the cinematography, the colour schemes, the energy; and I think she looks fantastic.

Is it just me or do her vocals sound a lot clearer in the video audio?

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post

Is it just me or do her vocals sound a lot clearer in the video audio?
                                                              Noticed this as well, but I'm not entirely sure if that's just mindf*ckery or actually so. I think maybe they mixed the lead vocal with a bit more 'oomph'.

I also loved to see her really enjoying herself during some scenes, smiling, being "care-free" for the lack of a better word.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X