X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might do the impossible and do an album ranking tomorrow
    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Oh my god I love the three bonus tracks. Just listened to them for the first time and they are all amazing. They are miles better than "Come Alive", "Killers Who Are Partying" and "Bitch I‘m Loca" (even though I like those as well) and they should’ve replaced them.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• I wouldn't remove any song from the album, it's great as it is. Batuka is still my least fave on this.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          I wouldn't remove any song from the album, it's great as it is. Batuka is still my least fave on this.
          really
          Forever Young

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
            I wouldn't remove any song from the album, it's great as it is. Batuka is still my least fave on this.
            Same. Batuka is the only one I want to skip
            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
              Oh my god I love the three bonus tracks. Just listened to them for the first time and they are all amazing. They are miles better than "Come Alive", "Killers Who Are Partying" and "Bitch I‘m Loca" (even though I like those as well) and they should’ve replaced them.
              Hell to the NO

Comment

• POLL ADDED
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• voted!

Comment

• God Control
                    Killers Who Are Partying
                    Crave
                    Crazy
                    I Don't Search I Find

I found it really difficult to choose. Dark Ballet, which would've been in my top five at first instead of Crave, and Come Alive, which would've been there over I Don't Search I Find, were contenders too; and I love so many others enough for them to be honoured too.

Comment

• Dark Ballet
                      God Control
                      Faz Gostoso
                      I Rise
                      Looking for Mercy
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Crazy
                        God Control
                        Extreme Occident
                        I Don't Search I Find
                        Fas Gastoso

Future and Batuka are honorable mentions. I was pretty lukewarm on both at first, but I love the music for Future (those sun-dappled horns especially) and that beat for Batuka is sick.
                        She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Finally, I decided to rank the album. I’m not sure I actually agree with it

Killers Who Are Partying
                          Batuka
                          Dark Ballet
                          God Control
                          Crazy
                          Medellín
                          Come Alive
                          Soltera
                          Bitch I’m Loca
                          Extreme Occident
                          I Don’t Search I Find
                          Crave
                          I Rise
                          Faz Gostoso
                          Looking For Mercy
                          Future
                          Ciao Bella
                          Back That Up To The Beat
                          Funana
                          Champagne Rose (yes, I tagged it on )

I voted for the top 5 in the thread poll. I still find it odd that some of the pre-release songs were the weakest, but I’m also very glad they let us discover the amazing songs all together.

I am furious only Medellín and Crave are the singles at this point.
                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I would have voted for Soltera too

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                              I would have voted for Soltera too
                              I debated putting it in, but I decided against it
                              Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Voting was so difficult. Three choices were clear, but the rest was hard. I voted for God Control, I don't search I find, Ciao Bella, Extreme Occident and Future.
                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                  Oh my god I love the three bonus tracks. Just listened to them for the first time and they are all amazing. They are miles better than "Come Alive", "Killers Who Are Partying" and "Bitch I‘m Loca" (even though I like those as well) and they should’ve replaced them.
                                  Totally agree about the bonus track: they are amazing, Ciao Bella above all !!!

They could very well replace the terrible Future, Crazy and Bit*h I m Loca that I ve erased by now from the album

Comment

• I like every track except Back That Up to the Beat.
                                    Difficult to choose 5, but I tried:
                                    Crave
                                    Crazy
                                    Batuka
                                    Faz Gostoso
                                    Bitch I'm Loca

Comment

• Top 5 right now

1. Crave
                                      2. Medellín
                                      3. God Control
                                      4. Dark Ballet
                                      5. I don't search I find

Comment

• Love:

Killers Who Are Partying
                                        God Control
                                        Crazy
                                        Extreme Occident
                                        I Don’t Search I Find
                                        Crave

Like:

Batuka
                                        Dark Ballet
                                        Come Alive
                                        Bitch I’m Loca
                                        Faz Gostoso
                                        Looking For Mercy
                                        Future

Used to dislike but they grew on me:

Medellín
                                        I Rise
                                        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• [MENTION=36999]MadonnaIcon[/MENTION] ignoring the poll and voting everything. I had to check who the hell voted for BTUTTB
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• For a second I also thought about voting for it.
                                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                              [MENTION=36999]MadonnaIcon[/MENTION] ignoring the poll and voting everything. I had to check who the hell voted for BTUTTB
                                              BTUTTB is a very good track
                                              Way better than BIL, Faz Gostoso, Crazy and Future combined

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                I would have voted for Soltera too
                                                Same here.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by CandyShop View Post
                                                  BTUTTB is a very good track
                                                  Way better than BIL, Faz Gostoso, Crazy and Future combined
                                                  There’s surely no way BTUTTB is in anyone’s top 5?
                                                  Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• The reassessment of Madame X has begun;
                                                    https://www.sturgisjournal.com/news....D8mskqslaYPc88

The Farr Side: Reassessing Madonna’s album

By David T. Farr

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 11:00 AM

My first impression of Madonna’s latest album, “Madame X,” was not a good one. Her fans let me know how wrong I was.

I won't apologize for having an opinion, but I can admit when I'm wrong.

My first impression of Madonna's latest album, "Madame X," was not a good one. And her fans let me know how wrong I was in my review of the album in a recent column.

It's cool to get feedback from readers. Most of the time the comments are nice, but once in a while I'll hit on a topic that's explosive. Apparently, Madonna is still very much the talk of the world. I received nearly 400 emails from readers asking me to re-listen to her album and give it a second chance.

The holiday weekend offered me more time to listen to "Madame X" without interruption. I was wrong. Yes, it's different from her previous works, but that's OK. This album takes more than a skim-through to witness its brilliance. That alone makes it worth checking out again.

I will say, though,listening to the actual CD on my home stereo system made all the difference. I've been enjoying her channel on Sirius XM. She's quite candid, in interview, about the new record, too.

I was too quick to call for Madonna to "embrace her age." Even I know better than to say that to a woman who's been calling the shots for 40 years on the music scene. It's Madonna, fool. She can do whatever she wants while all the others take notes. She's a wave-maker, a trend-setter and a ceiling-breaker. And age has nothing to do with that.

"Medellin" was our true real insight into this phase of her life.

It took a while for me to grasp the song, but to hear it loud and uninterrupted, the music is amazing, something I've admired about Madonna songs.

The rest of the album is where it gets interesting, some might say bizarre. I have since changed my tune. "Madame X" is a revolutionary album filled with multiple twists and turns, some easier to navigate than others. The electro-Latin pop sound is infused with politically charged lyrics, bold attributes and some moments of genius.

Once you navigate the album you realize the shiny moments for what they are: great tracks.

I have to give mention to "Crave," her latest single. She plays down her newfound accent on the love song and lets the emotion take over. That same emotion is stretched on "Crazy," a song that gets better the more I listen.

"Come Alive" is, by far, one of the best Madonna songs this century, if not since her "Ray Of Light" album. The lyrics speak to me right now as I'm trying to find myself again. I must have listened to this track 10 times, turning it up louder each time. These lyrics are me ... "Mouth closed, I don't want your opinion, who you talkin' to?/ Stand out, No, I don't wanna blend in, why you want me to?/They say be all I can be and all I want is peace, peace, peace, peace, peace, peace/See the world, Haven't seen it all, I wanna see it's, see it's, see it's, see it's, see it's dreams...repeat (come alive)."

The chorus and synthesized orchestral composition make it a perfect 10. This is the Madonna I love.

I still stand firm on my dream of what Madonna needs to do next — a "standards" album, her way.

Ok.
                                                    Its important to notice that the reassessment of madame x has already begun.
                                                    Great to know
                                                    Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X