No announcement yet.

Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basically Mirwais effed him over.and he admits Madonna didn't have a clue and her team is settling this and Mirwais doesn't seem to bother at all. Well it's clear he's pulling M's name for publicity, but this isn't a good image for him.
    I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• ^Yes. I've looked at the Instagram stories- it does sound like a Mirawis problem. If he did what Casey says, that indeed is not right.

I again ask, though- why so negative toward Madonna in that one post?
      Last edited by HolidayGuy; Sat November 23rd, 2019, 15:49.
      http://www.poconorecord.com/entertai...-madame-x-tour

Comment

• Originally posted by HolidayGuy View Post
        I again ask, though- why so negative toward Madonna in that one post?

Originally posted by beredy View Post
        Well it's clear he's pulling M's name for publicity

Comment

• I guess that'll be the end of any Mirwais -Madonna collab in the future

and it should be

Comment

• A friend of mine who is a casual fan gave this a listen and he said "it doesn't sound like a Madonna album".
            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• went back to this today. This is such a great record.

Comment

• I Don't Search, I Find remixes are out.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• One of my favorite albums of 2019. Extremely underrated IMO
                  Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                    One of my favorite albums of 2019. Extremely underrated IMO
                    Is it?

Madonna never ever is underrated it seems.
                    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                      Is it?

Madonna never ever is underrated it seems.
                      I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but there are a handful of albums in her career that are underrated.

Comment

• For the most part this was very well received but it’s minimal commercial success means few out of the Standom will have given this a real listen.

Best album of 2019 for me. Hands down.

Comment

• Underrated by the general public, of course.
                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• According to Spotify Crave is my second most played song of 2019!

Comment

• It’s my most played album of the year.
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Shocking chart fans, MADAME X was the 12th highest rated album of 2019 by AOTY's critics.
                                Madonna is going into her fourth decade of career and had one of the most talked about albums on Metacritic this year and even competing with great newcomers. Madame X was an artist's riskiest album in 2019. Will these singers today still be relevant four decades from now?

https://www.metacritic.com/music/madame-x/madonna
                                "Complaining is an advertisement for stupidity"

Comment

• #46 on Billboard's AOTY list.

46. Madonna, Madame X

After two albums of Madonna sounding like she was largely playing catch-up to mainstream trends (2012's EDM-courting MDNA and 2015's collaborator-stuffed Rebel Heart), the pop GOAT decided to go back to blazing her own trail, and not looking over her shoulder at how many were following her lead. Top 40 and streaming audiences might not have been particularly amenable to her genre-hopping free-for-all, but longtime fans found plenty to chew on in the set's unpredictable excursions -- including a Walter Carlos-like dip into synthified Tchaikovsky in "Dark Ballet," a Random Access Memories-worthy prog-disco odyssey in "God Control," and a welcome return to Latin pop in the breezy Maluma team-ups "Medellín" and "Bitch I'm Loca." Madge can rest assured that anyone still trekking along with her at this point is in for the long haul, and excited as ever for what twists and turns lay ahead. -- ANDREW UNTERBERGER
                                  https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...of-2019-top-50

Comment

• That list is annoying because it is not technically a countdown but just a list of staffs fave albums. Yet, Madonna is 46 and all the young/popular people are at the front of the list. There was no need to organize the list that way.

Comment

• #12 on Albumism‘s 50 Best Albums of 2019 list

#12 | Madonna | Madame X
                                      Interscope

According to Mark J. Marraccini: “Madonna’s radically adventurous and globally-inspired Madame X polarized fans and critics for good reason. It’s her least accessible album, but it’s also up there with the best she’s ever made….Years from now, we’ll look back on Madame X as the Madonna album that’s most closely aligned with the real Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone, and one of her most artistically audacious and authentic offerings.”
                                      https://www.albumism.com/lists1/best...donna-madame-x
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• "up there with the best she's ever made"??? What an insult to almost a dozen other Madonna albums lol
                                        jio CHARTS NOW:3/8/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10442327

Comment

• I posted Billboard and Pitchfork year end lists because whether you like them or now they're still two biggest music online sites. Albumism is a horrible page. They find a way to tout every album ever released, no matter how good or bad. Especially in pop. And their articles are badly written nearly all the time.

Comment

• Madame X is one of her best albums. They were spot on.

Comment

• #12 on Slant's year end list. Kind of surprising for me. They did rate it really well, but I'm surprised to see it that high TBH. So far the only "big" music publication where it rated high.

12. Madonna, Madame X

With their naïve—some might say crude—expressions of bloody-hearted empathy, there’s something almost Björkian about songs such as “God Control” and “Killers Who Are Partying.” English is, of course, Madonna’s first language, and lyrics like “I’ll be Africa/If Africa is shut down” are received with less generosity when one’s claws are already out. We expect pop stars to stay in their lane, but Madonna is at heart a rock auteur, with all of the inclinations toward upending the status quo and expressing a singular vision that designation implies. Inspired by her time living in Lisbon, where she was surrounded by musicians and art in a way she hadn’t been since her pre-fame days in the East Village, Madame X plays like a musical memoir, sometimes literally: “I came from the Midwest/Then I went to the Far East/I tried to discover my own identity,” she sings on “Extreme Occident.” The album is far from her creative zenith, but it’s her most fearless effort in at least 15 years—the sound of an artist who’s got no more ****s to give. Sal Cinquemani
                                              https://www.slantmagazine.com/featur...ums-of-2019/3/

___________________________________________________________

YEAR END LISTS
                                              #12 / Albumism
                                              #12 / Slant
                                              #46 / Billboard
                                              #67 / MOJO

Comment

• Sturgis Journal

https://www.sturgisjournal.com/news/...-songs-of-year

Countdown 2019: Top songs of the year

10. "Come Alive," Madonna. "Madame X" took me a few listens before I fell in love with it, but then this track spoke to me. It was exactly the song I needed to hear at that time. The lyrics are simple, yet its meaning is divine. I'm on fence with her need to be relevant, musically speaking. However, she's the ultimate when it comes to being a true artist. Her vision and drive has been at the forefront of music for 40 years and most everyone we've seen come and go since Madonna's debut can thank her for the influence.

Comment

• Yessssssssss best song from this project after Ciao Bella. Get it queen

Comment

• So glad that publication gave some love to Come Alive! It's criminally underrated, though I think it's had more appreciation since it was performed on the tour.

Comment

• My most played album of the year! Thank you, Madonna. It is a really good and inspiring album (and fun too).

Hope we can get the tour video later this next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnapologeticKenny View Post
                                                        My most played album of the year! Thank you, Madonna. It is a really good and inspiring album (and fun too).

Hope we can get the tour video later this next year.
                                                        Agree on all of this
                                                        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Idolator:

https://www.idolator.com/7905002/fro...2c=1&firefox=1

"From ‘Magdalene’ To ‘Madame X’: The 20 Best Pop Albums Of 2019"

9. Madame X — Madonna

Key tracks: “God Control” and “Crave”

(Full review here)

Imagine being 40 years into your career and still pushing the boundaries of pop. Only Madonna can relate. Madame X, the Queen of Pop’s 14th LP, is a concept album about a globe-trotting super-heroine with revolution on the brain. Madonna brings the project to life with vibrant, world music-inspired bops like “Medellin” and “Batuka,” and mind-melting experiments like “I Don’t Search I Find” and “Killers Who Are Partying.” It doesn’t always work, but when it does, this result is electric.

— Mike Wass

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
                                                            Idolator:

https://www.idolator.com/7905002/fro...2c=1&firefox=1

"From ‘Magdalene’ To ‘Madame X’: The 20 Best Pop Albums Of 2019"

9. Madame X — Madonna

Key tracks: “God Control” and “Crave”

(Full review here)

Imagine being 40 years into your career and still pushing the boundaries of pop. Only Madonna can relate. Madame X, the Queen of Pop’s 14th LP, is a concept album about a globe-trotting super-heroine with revolution on the brain. Madonna brings the project to life with vibrant, world music-inspired bops like “Medellin” and “Batuka,” and mind-melting experiments like “I Don’t Search I Find” and “Killers Who Are Partying.” It doesn’t always work, but when it does, this result is electric.

— Mike Wass
                                                            This really sums up the album for me. And it mostly works really well.
                                                            Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

• I still hate Batuka
                                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                              X