Madonna - Madame X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Music and American Life were better, but I understand why they are polarising.
    I like 'Music' but I don't love it for the fact that it's quite incohesive in sounds. 'Paradise', 'Impressive Instant' and 'Gone' on one album... I would've preferred her to go for the 'Don't Tell Me' sound ('countronica').
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I like 'Music' but I don't love it for the fact that it's quite incohesive in sounds. 'Paradise', 'Impressive Instant' and 'Gone' on one album... I would've preferred her to go for the 'Don't Tell Me' sound ('countronica').
      They’re all produced by the same person. There are songs from other producers on there, but these ain’t them
      Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I fell in love with Music after Madame X. Merwais is genius.
        I use to think Music was incoherent and now I find it to be very cohesive and experimental. I adore it it’s probably in my top 3 Madonna albums atm (it changes)

Comment

• My Madame X favorites are I Rise, Extreme Occident, Come Alive, Crave, Crazy and God Control.
          Last edited by luckyONE; Wed February 17, 2021, 23:26.

Comment

• Come Alive is heaven.

Medellin has aged very well too.
            cha cha cha

Comment

• Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
              As much as I like seeing Madonna on her videos, I understand why they opted for the other version. She clearly wanted the focus to be on Mykki Blanco, not her. Once she appears, the video’s message is sort of diluted, as everyone focuses just on her.
              I agree with that, however I enjoyed the colored version more...
              jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...0#post10775300

Comment

• Really back into Madame X at the moment. That run of songs from Medellin to Extreme Occident is probably her best work since Confessions. The Queen did good.
                Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• I had quite an interesting journey with this album: underwhelmed on the first listen, then it grew on me and became a staple of the 2019 summer, then shelved. Spinning it again recently, I gotta say it holds up. It's M's richest, most dynamic and adventurous record since Confessions. Here's hoping she'll continue to prioritize her muse---rather than the charts---in future albums
                  She's got a cute little voice but she doesn't really have any fans...none that can fight....

Comment

• Happy 2nd Anniversary Madame X!

• Released 14th June 2019
                    • Contains the singles Medellín, Crave, I Rise and I Don’t Search I Find
                    • Madonna’s 9th US #1 album with opening week physical sales of 90,000
                    • Voted #1 on Billboard’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite 2019 Albums

Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities. Fighting for freedom. Bringing light to dark places.
                    She is a cha cha instructor.
                    A professor.
                    A head of state.
                    A housekeeper.
                    An equestrian.
                    A prisoner.
                    A student.
                    A teacher.
                    A nun.
                    A cabaret singer.
                    A saint.
                    A prostitute.
                    Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

• Underrated masterpiece. I still love it.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• One of her best!!

Comment

• Happy Birthday Madame X! Her best album in ages.
                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I did enjoy this album a lot. I don't know if there needed to be a reshuffle of the tracklist or a few songs taken off, because I haven't listen to the album as a whole in forever, but there are some amazing individual tracks which I still go back to often

Comment

• Justice for Extreme Occident, Killers Who are Partying, Looking for Mercy and Crazy.

Comment

• Very good album
                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• WHY ISNT CIAO BELLA IN SPOTIFY WHAT TYPE IF CRIME IS THIS??

Comment

• I love this album so much, so happy she took a risk to make this record.

Extreme Occident will always be the highlight of the album for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
                                      I love this album so much, so happy she took a risk to make this record.

Extreme Occident will always be the highlight of the album for me.
                                      It's one of the stronger songs on the album, to me was a grower, and till this day it's one of my favourite MX songs!!!

Comment

• Extreme Occident is hella underrated.

This is alright overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                          Extreme Occident is hella underrated.

This is alright overall.
                                          It’ll get a lot of love in October when people see the performance.
                                          Bleep Bloop Blop

Comment

Working...
                                          X