• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
    Extreme Occident is hella underrated.

This is alright overall.
    It’ll get a lot of love in October when people see the performance.

Leave a comment:

• MusicLover88
    replied
    Extreme Occident is hella underrated.

This is alright overall.

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Originally posted by greek_boy View Post
    I love this album so much, so happy she took a risk to make this record.

Extreme Occident will always be the highlight of the album for me.
    It's one of the stronger songs on the album, to me was a grower, and till this day it's one of my favourite MX songs!!!

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    I love this album so much, so happy she took a risk to make this record.

Extreme Occident will always be the highlight of the album for me.

Leave a comment:

• Mpol
    replied
    WHY ISNT CIAO BELLA IN SPOTIFY WHAT TYPE IF CRIME IS THIS??

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Very good album

Leave a comment:

• basticasas
    replied
    Justice for Extreme Occident, Killers Who are Partying, Looking for Mercy and Crazy.

Leave a comment:

• crazycool
    replied
    I did enjoy this album a lot. I don't know if there needed to be a reshuffle of the tracklist or a few songs taken off, because I haven't listen to the album as a whole in forever, but there are some amazing individual tracks which I still go back to often

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Happy Birthday Madame X! Her best album in ages.

Leave a comment:

• breatheonme
    replied
    One of her best!!

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Underrated masterpiece. I still love it.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Happy 2nd Anniversary Madame X!

• Released 14th June 2019
    • Contains the singles Medellín, Crave, I Rise and I Don’t Search I Find
    • Madonna’s 9th US #1 album with opening week physical sales of 90,000
    • Voted #1 on Billboard’s Top 10 Fan-Favorite 2019 Albums

Madame X is a secret agent. Traveling around the world. Changing identities. Fighting for freedom. Bringing light to dark places.
    She is a cha cha instructor.
    A professor.
    A head of state.
    A housekeeper.
    An equestrian.
    A prisoner.
    A student.
    A teacher.
    A nun.
    A cabaret singer.
    A saint.
    A prostitute.

Leave a comment:

• NormiMalone
    replied
    I had quite an interesting journey with this album: underwhelmed on the first listen, then it grew on me and became a staple of the 2019 summer, then shelved. Spinning it again recently, I gotta say it holds up. It's M's richest, most dynamic and adventurous record since Confessions. Here's hoping she'll continue to prioritize her muse---rather than the charts---in future albums

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Really back into Madame X at the moment. That run of songs from Medellin to Extreme Occident is probably her best work since Confessions. The Queen did good.

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    Originally posted by madfan13 View Post
    As much as I like seeing Madonna on her videos, I understand why they opted for the other version. She clearly wanted the focus to be on Mykki Blanco, not her. Once she appears, the video’s message is sort of diluted, as everyone focuses just on her.
    I agree with that, however I enjoyed the colored version more...

Leave a comment:

• Mpol
    replied
    Come Alive is heaven.

Medellin has aged very well too.
    cha cha cha

Leave a comment:

• luckyONE
    replied
    My Madame X favorites are I Rise, Extreme Occident, Come Alive, Crave, Crazy and God Control.
    Last edited by luckyONE; Wed February 17, 2021, 23:26.

Leave a comment:

• Mpol
    replied
    I fell in love with Music after Madame X. Merwais is genius.
    I use to think Music was incoherent and now I find it to be very cohesive and experimental. I adore it it’s probably in my top 3 Madonna albums atm (it changes)

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I like 'Music' but I don't love it for the fact that it's quite incohesive in sounds. 'Paradise', 'Impressive Instant' and 'Gone' on one album... I would've preferred her to go for the 'Don't Tell Me' sound ('countronica').
    They’re all produced by the same person. There are songs from other producers on there, but these ain’t them

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post
    Music and American Life were better, but I understand why they are polarising.
    I like 'Music' but I don't love it for the fact that it's quite incohesive in sounds. 'Paradise', 'Impressive Instant' and 'Gone' on one album... I would've preferred her to go for the 'Don't Tell Me' sound ('countronica').

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

How do you watch anything with your eyes shut ?
    I watch TV without looking at it all the time.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by menime123 View Post

I love Ray of Light but I do agree it’s overrated and not her best work. But I love listening to it in the sun, eyes shut, watching the world go by. It’s not an album I can dip into - it’s an album I have to dedicate time to actually listen to.

How do you watch anything with your eyes shut ?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    For me both Music and Americal Life are better bodies of work than Ray of Light, which is super overrated. IT had some incredible singles ( bar the title track) and Skin padded out with filler.
    The highs are stratospheric though, so I get it.
    I love Ray of Light but I do agree it’s overrated and not her best work. But I love listening to it in the sun, eyes shut, watching the world go by. It’s not an album I can dip into - it’s an album I have to dedicate time to actually listen to.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    Regarding the lyrical content: Some of you compare 'Madame X' with 'American Life'. I would say that 'Madame X' tried to follow a vision but doesn't quite succeed because of its heterogenity in context. 'American Life' reflects Madonna's views on American society and her role as citizen and as mother. I would say that only 'Die Another Day' doesn't quite fit their. On the other hand, the subtle political remarks on 'Madame X' get, imo, disrupted by songs like 'Bitch I'm Loca', 'Medellin' or 'Crave'. And then there are songs like 'Future' or 'Batuka', which may sounded good on paper but ended up messy in realization.

I would approve the idea of a house vs. world music mix from Madonna.
    Can’t agree at all.

Regarding Die Another Day, it fits the album themes because the entire song is about understanding who she is. It’s a song about her internal struggle to understand that her soul is her real self, and that the physical body is temporary.

It’s a song steeped in Kabbalah ideology, and the tattoo she wears in the music video sums up the song perfectly - her tattoo means ‘overcome your ego’ and is one of the 72 names of God in Hebrew.

When you listen to it alongside Easy Ride, they’re the perfect album closers - if Die Another Day is about killing the Ego so that the soul can thrive, Easy Ride continues that journey by discussing re-incarnation - having multiple lives, working hard each time, learning what she needs to in order to achieve her ‘good life’ in heaven, an eternal kingdom not ‘defined by time and space’.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    For me both Music and Americal Life are better bodies of work than Ray of Light, which is super overrated. IT had some incredible singles ( bar the title track) and Skin padded out with filler.
    The highs are stratospheric though, so I get it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X