Comment

• Well deserved

Comment

• It's what she deserves.
        i hope she wins one at least since they did Lemonade dirty as well
        MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• The special received a nomination for all categories she submitted it to except for Sound Mixing, which is ironic considering that it's a concert special.
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Music direction and Costumes should be in the bag, I mean....
            But overall, it is exciting to see the film being nominated 6 times!
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• woop she could could be A EGO by feb next year... just waiting for the T now
              Forever Young

Comment

• MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                  Amen!
                  Forever Young

Comment

• She probably would have won at least one Emmy (like that one Rupaul won over her, I can't believe Rupaul is actually winning with such cheap looking and campy costumes over Beyoncé) if she had people talk about how great her show is rather than have her talk about herself and her dedication to her craft again.

It's just way too self-serving for an artist to talk about how great his/her own show/concert/album is, as much as both critics and fans agree. When it comes to vanity, she's indeed her father's daughter through and through, she never learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                      It's just way too self-serving for an artist to talk about how great his/her own show/concert/album is, as much as both critics and fans agree. When it comes to vanity, she's indeed her father's daughter through and through, she never learned.
                      We truly live in a time where Trump is president, the alternative facts keep coming, even on UKmix

Comment

• Iconic.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• ^truly a Queen

Comment

• GetBack in April:

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                            Wow! I was finally able to watch this in full today. At first, I thought this was going to be another vanity documentary like the ones she did from I Am... shows to the Roseland concert and that Life Is but a Dream DVD. It's nice to see her as a normal person here, she showed her imperfections and it came out naturally. Also, I love that she gives her team so much credit as well. Gone are the Mathew Knowles teachings where the preserved branding was always 'Beyoncé does this, Beyoncé directs that, Beyoncé oversees this'.

I have no words. It's really her best documentary/concert special. It took me back to the days of the Beyoncé Experience when I was a super huge stan, believe me. When she did "Check on It" and "Déjà Vu", I was just dancing in front of my television screen. It took me back to the times when all I did was listen to B'Day after school.

It's very comprehensive of all her hits, singles and album tracks. Despite not having "Halo" and "If I Were a Boy" as well as a full "Irreplaceable" performance, she really made the album tracks and other singles major events. I'm not even that fond of her other songs like "Top Off" or "Diva" but all of these songs came to life in Coachella.

The album counts 38 tracks but I think it's still so short. She could have extended the DC medley, added some more of the big hits and other album cuts and it wouldn't be enough, there's so much great songs that she can add. All the arrangements of the songs were incredible. I'm glad she didn't deviate too much from the original production.

I don't see myself trolling anymore, at least for the next 31,000 posts I will make here.
                            GetBack in September:

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                            She probably would have won at least one Emmy (like that one Rupaul won over her, I can't believe Rupaul is actually winning with such cheap looking and campy costumes over Beyoncé) if she had people talk about how great her show is rather than have her talk about herself and her dedication to her craft again.

Fickle much...?

Comment

• ^
                              That's GetBack, a living contradiction

Comment

• I often thought that he might have a personality disorder. One day it's this, one day it's that
                                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Mess that even she/he recognizes the constant trolling and the mods keep giving a free pass Go figure.

Comment

• I´m here for "Before I let Go"... Damn it, the song needed a video!

<3 "OoOoooOooh (to the left), I just wanna have a good time (turn around)" <3
                                    Life tastes better with music
                                    Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

• I´m here for "Before I let Go"... Damn it, the song needed a video!

<3 "OoOoooOooh (to the left), I just wanna have a good time (turn around)" <3
                                      Life tastes better with music
                                      Instagram: DC34ever

Comment

• So is this bish seriously not giving us a physical as a Thanksgiving present? That too, we are willing to pay for it!
                                        Like seriously Bey? It’s like that now huh?
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                          So is this bish seriously not giving us a physical as a Thanksgiving present? That too, we are willing to pay for it!
                                          Like seriously Bey? It’s like that now huh?
                                          Oh, the irony... when I saw this thread bumped, I thought maybe a physical was announced. Thanks, Preyan.

Comment

• I’m sorry y’all. I just had to
                                            Love you too boo
                                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Why doesn’t she want my money? She ain’t like RiRi

Comment

• #14 on Pitchfork's year end list.

14. Beyoncé: Homecoming: The Live Album

No one does maximalism like Beyoncé. Homecoming: The Live Album—the musical companion to her retina-popping Coachella live film—boasts a whopping 40 tracks that fuse soul, hip-hop, gospel, and go-go with live skits and confessional interludes, as brassy marching bands and black drumlines give dap to the cultural traditions of HBCUs. In Beyoncé’s musical Cuisinart, James Weldon Johnson’s uplifting 1905 Negro National Anthem “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” sidles up next to her bootyshaking 2016 club jam “Formation.” The dizzying result of all Beyoncé’s kitchen-sink pop mastery: one of the most confident concert albums ever made, an audacious raising of the bar for stadium R&B in the footsteps of Prince, Michael Jackson, and Janet. In a cultural moment when black women’s labor and contributions are still underrecognized and diminished, Homecoming is the distillation of 21st century black female fabulosity. –Jason King
                                                https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...t-albums-2019/
                                                I have received many gifts from God,
                                                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• #14 on Pitchfork's year end list.

14. Beyoncé: Homecoming: The Live Album

No one does maximalism like Beyoncé. Homecoming: The Live Album—the musical companion to her retina-popping Coachella live film—boasts a whopping 40 tracks that fuse soul, hip-hop, gospel, and go-go with live skits and confessional interludes, as brassy marching bands and black drumlines give dap to the cultural traditions of HBCUs. In Beyoncé’s musical Cuisinart, James Weldon Johnson’s uplifting 1905 Negro National Anthem “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” sidles up next to her bootyshaking 2016 club jam “Formation.” The dizzying result of all Beyoncé’s kitchen-sink pop mastery: one of the most confident concert albums ever made, an audacious raising of the bar for stadium R&B in the footsteps of Prince, Michael Jackson, and Janet. In a cultural moment when black women’s labor and contributions are still underrecognized and diminished, Homecoming is the distillation of 21st century black female fabulosity. –Jason King
                                                  https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...t-albums-2019/

Comment

• #12 on Billboard's AOTY list.

12. Beyoncé, HOMECOMING: THE LIVE ALBUM

Nothing will ever compare to the experience of being at Beychella, Beyoncé's massive and much-lauded Coachella 2018 headlining spectacular; dancing, crying, passing out when Michelle and Kelly rose out of the stage. One thing comes close though, and it's Homecoming: The Live Album: the masterpiece of a performance in all of its aural glory. Over 40 tracks, Homecoming runs through the show's brassed-out version of Beyoncé's many, many hits -- "Crazy In Love," "Sorry," "Diva," "7/11," "Partition," "Singles Ladies," etc. -- but more importantly, it captures the essence and the energy of what made the performance so goosebump-inducing, from the cheers of the tens of thousands of humans in attendance to the interludes explaining how Beyoncé and her village pulled it all together. The show only happened twice, but through this album we can all revisit those fateful, historic nights in the southern California desert, even if we weren't actually there. -- KATIE BAIN
                                                    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...of-2019-top-50

Comment

Working...
                                                    X