No announcement yet.

Beyoncé - HOMECOMING: THE LIVE ALBUM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So they have a three video deal with her?
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• And live albums are everything but 'hot' to release, what an amazing result for such a short track

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
          Okay I caved in and bought this bundle aswell, Bey getting my coins one by one by one lmao.

EDIT*
          the digital booklet has 93 pages

Comment

• I’d order that if there was a physical. I want that physical booklet.
            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru View Post
              I’d order that if there was a physical. I want that physical booklet.
              I still hope there will be one

Comment

• Checked this out and even though it's a lot for someone like me who isn't the biggest stan of Beyoncé and basically just a casual listener, I still really enjoyed it. Very well done live album. Especially the part from "Run The World (Girls)" to "Single Ladies" was fantastic!

Comment

• Wow! I was finally able to watch this in full today. At first, I thought this was going to be another vanity documentary like the ones she did from I Am... shows to the Roseland concert and that Life Is but a Dream DVD. It's nice to see her as a normal person here, she showed her imperfections and it came out naturally. Also, I love that she gives her team so much credit as well. Gone are the Mathew Knowles teachings where the preserved branding was always 'Beyoncé does this, Beyoncé directs that, Beyoncé oversees this'.

I have no words. It's really her best documentary/concert special. It took me back to the days of the Beyoncé Experience when I was a super huge stan, believe me. When she did "Check on It" and "Déjŕ Vu", I was just dancing in front of my television screen. It took me back to the times when all I did was listen to B'Day after school.

It's very comprehensive of all her hits, singles and album tracks. Despite not having "Halo" and "If I Were a Boy" as well as a full "Irreplaceable" performance, she really made the album tracks and other singles major events. I'm not even that fond of her other songs like "Top Off" or "Diva" but all of these songs came to life in Coachella.

The album counts 38 tracks but I think it's still so short. She could have extended the DC medley, added some more of the big hits and other album cuts and it wouldn't be enough, there's so much great songs that she can add. All the arrangements of the songs were incredible. I'm glad she didn't deviate too much from the original production.

I don't see myself trolling anymore, at least for the next 31,000 posts I will make here.

Comment

• Last edited by Hugo; Sat April 20th, 2019, 14:42.
                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• That Say My Name performance was something else.
                      Beyoncé kicking off her verse, Kelly joining her in harmonies on the second line, Michelle coming with another harmony on the third line.
                      And when you think you’re safe, here they come with the Timbaland remix!
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Whew GetBack. Finally we're about to have some peace in all Beyonce threads.

Comment

• The clean version of the album is FUN.

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Why even bother with a clean version for a live album?

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                              The clean version of the album is FUN.

Screaming

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• LAWWD
                                  "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Who approved this
                                    MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• If it can helps anyone out there making an instrumental album....lol

Comment

• at the clean version of Sorry.

GetBack possibly having a redemption narrative? 2019 is wild.
                                        late.

Comment

• I watched this last night and I have to agree with @LittleLinda. It's been advertised as a documentary so I was expecting a lot more behind the scenes, but they were more like audio think pieces over rehearsal footage. I also agree that the editing is overdone and kind of ruined the flow of the concert compared to the stream.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved this, but I expected more insight into the creative process like we had on Life Is But A Dream.

P.S. I still believe that End of Time, Daddy Lessons and especially All Night should have been included in the setlist, with the latter being the finale.
                                          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• I was just thinking earlier, she sang hit after hit after hit. And it was 1h45m long.
                                            She did not even sing hits like Upgrade U, Freakum Dress, If I Were A Boy, Halo, Sweet Dreams, 1+1, End Of Time, Blow, All Night.
                                            She will struggle to create a Greatest Hits. There are just too many hits.

I thought the documentary was well executed. I prefer it in the format it currently. Even if she gave us another hour of BTS, we would still have people “complain” that she concert is still longer than the BTS.

I do however agree that the editing was over the top. And broke the concert experience by adding those other “people recording” footage.

Comment

• 4.5/5 by AllMusic

In April 2018, Beyoncé headlined Coachella with an epic performance that would set a new bar for festival spectacle. Arriving a year after her originally scheduled headline slot -- delayed due to the birth of her twins -- the high-stakes show was a triumph. Immortalized alongside its counterpart concert film/documentary, Homecoming: The Live Album is a monument to black excellence and empowerment. As the first African-American woman to headline the festival, Beyoncé took the duty seriously, crafting a showcase of black culture, feminism, and history that acknowledged her place in the timeline while celebrating those who paved the way, from strong black women such as Nina Simone, Maya Angelou, Toni Morrison, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie to Southern hip-hop inspirations like TRU, UGK, OutKast, and F.L.Y. Presented through an inspired collegiate HBCU lens, the performance later dubbed "Beychella" was less a concert and more a grand, multi-part revue. From a towering pyramid of bleachers, over 200 hand-selected performers of all shapes and sizes -- dancers, steppers, choir, orchestra, and a full marching band -- executed a precision-choreographed performance that pushed the limits of physicality and willpower. Together with this phalanx, Beyoncé barreled through a career-spanning set -- both as a solo artist and as part of Destiny's Child -- focusing on euphoric hype tracks that maintained the adrenaline rush for almost two hours.

Digested as a cohesive career retrospective, Homecoming highlights Beyoncé's impressive vocal gymnastics and live stamina; at times, her voice soars like an angel and drops low in a guttural growl, sometimes switching from full-throated belting to gritty rapping, often within the same song. From hits ("Formation," "Drunk in Love," "Countdown") to deep cuts ("Freedom," "Bow Down," "I Been On"), every track is improved by the energy of the Bzzzz Drumline and string section, with the live foot stomps and handclaps of the dancing team whipping the ceremony into a celebratory frenzy. "Diva" gets cut with "Dirt Off Your Shoulder," while a rabid "Don't Hurt Yourself" swells with the familiar orchestral wave from "Kashmir." While J Balvin and Sean Paul are relegated to recorded backing vocals, husband Jay-Z pops in for "Deja Vu" and sister Solange joins Beyoncé for an endearing dance-off during "Get Me Bodied." Even firstborn Blue Ivy appears on almost-closer "Lift Every Voice and Sing." The most welcome guests, however, are Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. Joining forces during a jaw-dropping stretch between "Run the World (Girls)" and "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," the reunited Destiny's Child whip through "Lose My Breath," "Say My Name," and "Soldier" without missing a beat, as if the year was still 2004. The audience reaction alone is a pure thrill. As far as concert albums go, Homecoming is a master class in technical prowess, crowd pleasing, and soulful substance. Channeling the spirit of African queen Nefertiti (whose image she adopted for this show), Beyoncé proved to be a ruler in her own right, lording over Coachella for two career-defining nights.
                                              https://www.allmusic.com/album/homec...m-mw0003273306
                                              >>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

Comment

• I wonder Why is J Balvin on the Album But Not in the Film? 😀

Plus, does anyone else think she mixed rehearsal material into the concert?
                                                  weekly chart
                                                  2012 year end

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeFan View Post
                                                    I wonder Why is J Balvin on the Album But Not in the Film? ��

Plus, does anyone else think she mixed rehearsal material into the concert?
                                                    She probably did, artists do that a lot (fantom shows).
                                                    And J Balvin was completely clueless on stage, that's why he's not on film, but on the audio (nice addition / something extra to push the streams).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X