Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars

Bruce Springsteen has announced a new album. Western Stars is out June 14 via Columbia. The first single, “Hello Sunshine,” will be released at midnight tonight with an accompanying video. Scroll down to see Western Stars’ cover art and tracklist.

“This record is a return to my solo recordings featuring character-driven songs and sweeping, cinematic orchestral arrangements,” Springsteen says in a press release. “It’s a jewel box of a record.” Springsteen co-produced the album with Ron Aniello. It features appearances from Jon Brion (on celeste, Moog, and farfisa), Patti Scialfa, early E Street Band member David Sancious, Charlie Giordano, Soozie Tyrell, and more.

According to the press release, the record is inspired by “Southern California pop records of the late ’60s and early ’70s” and explores a “sweeping range of American themes, of highways and desert spaces, of isolation and community and the permanence of home and hope.”

Western Stars marks Springsteen’s first studio album since 2014’s High Hopes. Since then, he released a box set for The River, a memoir and a companion album, and vinyl box sets collecting his studio work from 1973 to 1984 and 1987 to 1996. In 2017, he debuted Springsteen on Broadway, an intimate one-man-show that was later released as a Netflix special and album.

Tracklist:

01 Hitch Hikin’
    02 The Wayfarer
    03 Tucson Train
    04 Western Stars
    05 Sleepy Joe’s Café
    06 Drive Fast (The Stuntman)
    07 Chasin’ Wild Horses
    08 Sundown
    09 Somewhere North of Nashville
    10 Stones
    11 There Goes My Miracle
    12 Hello Sunshine
    13 Moonlight Motel

Mods, feel free to move it to the Rock section if it's more appropriate. I figure I would put it here since it sounds more Americana than full-blown rock.

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

New Bruce Springsteen is always something I look forward to!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
      http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Mugen; Thu May 30th, 2019, 18:59.

Comment

Comment

Happened to notice this thread and checked out those videos - I haven't heard Bruce Springsteen in ages, but his voice is still fantastic. I'll have to check out the rest of the album.

Comment

the album is pure brilliance from start to finish. One of his best... I am shocked.
                My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                  the album is pure brilliance from start to finish. One of his best... I am shocked.
                  I'll have to listen to the album!
                  Too Much Music
                  Too Much Music @Facebook
                  Too Much Music @Twitter
                  Scotland Social League

Comment

In love with the album.

This past months have been amazing for me. Mariah, Sarah, Madonna and Bruce... Legends delivering their best and proving why they are real stars.

Comment

Had a listen to this and I love it.
                      I've not listened to a massive amount of his work. Looks like I'm in for a treat.
                      Too Much Music
                      Too Much Music @Facebook
                      Too Much Music @Twitter
                      Scotland Social League

Comment

Bruce Springsteen has announced a film to accompany his new album Western Stars. The movie, also titled Western Stars, is directed by Thom Zimny and Bruce Springsteen. It is set to premiere at the 2019 Toronto International Film Festival, which runs from September 5 to 15.
                        Source

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I'm not impressed at all by this album.
                            I really like Bruce but his strength has in my ears was combining rock with folk and/or Celtic influences. This record is just boring country.

Comment

A beautiful album, his strongest since Magic for me.

Comment

"Wrecking Ball" was his XXI century staple for me, that was a stunning record.
                                On "Western Stars" I only love "There Goes My Miracle".

Comment

"Wrecking Ball" was his XXI century staple for me, that was a stunning record.
                                  On "Western Stars" I only love "There Goes My Miracle".

Comment

Comment

#8 on Albumism’s 50 Best Albums of 2019 list.

#8 | Bruce Springsteen | Western Stars
                                      Columbia

According to Jeremy Levine: “If you only want the bombast of the E Street Band, or even the darkness of Nebraska (1982), it’s not quite here on this record. Western Stars is in its own league; not better or worse than the rest of the catalogue, simply a different approach to the same questions that Springsteen (and his fans) has been asking for almost fifty years: Who are we? What troubles us? Is that our fault? How do we get out? His maturity as an artist and newfound thematic setting gives us a more complicated answer than we’ve gotten before. In 2019, when alienation is the name of the game, this is what we need.”
                                      https://www.albumism.com/lists1/best...-western-stars
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                      X