• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

This loving this record as well. It's the perfect follow up to Flower Boy despite being very different.

I'm glad Tyler is still giving us visuals for the album. Though the fact my limited edition vinyl only arrived today despite being pre-ordered back in May has also extended the albums life cycle .
        late.

Comment

I still have this album on heavy rotation. One of the year's best, and I'm glad he started to release visuals to promote it.

[MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION] how is it? Still waiting for mine.
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
            @urbanmusik how is it? Still waiting for mine.
            I haven't gotten a chance to play it yet (mostly cause I've no vinyl set-up rn), but the actual vinyl looks nice.

I thought someone had stood on mine when it arrived because there were all these dirt marks over it, but that's just part of the design. The packaging feels a little cheap and empty, especially as they've re-used the same photos on the art print that are featured on the packaging.

Maybe I've been spoiled with gatefolds lately, but this definitely isn't one of the more premium packaged vinyls I've bought. Still, it's designed nicely and I prefer it over the standard (from what I've seen of it online) despite the massive wait. The poster and sticker were a nice addition too.
            late.

Comment

Cheers, didn't know it came with a poster. Hopefully i'll get it soon.
              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Listening this for the very first time right now.
                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

#23 on Pitchfork's year end list.

23. Tyler, the Creator: IGOR

Tyler, the Creator’s IGOR is an album about heartbreak, but the bright chords and harmonies suggest hope, not self-pity. His 2017 album Flower Boy was a disarming journey into self-discovery, but Igor is even more revealing, as Tyler wrestles with the fact that maybe he doesn’t have everything figured out. Each track feels like a selection on a mixtape, chosen for a specific emotion: “RUNNING OUT OF TIME” is a slow-groove journey into his subconscious, reminding you how singular Tyler’s vision can be behind the boards; “EARFQUAKE” is one of Tyler’s most ambitious songs, a catchy symphony that features Playboi Carti in the squeakiest and strangest version of his baby voice. Years ago, the idea of Tyler making music this intimate and reflective seemed like a stretch, but on IGOR, he gives in to the grown-up uncertainty that eventually comes for us all. –Alphonse Pierre
                  https://pitchfork.com/features/lists...t-albums-2019/
                  I have received many gifts from God,
                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

#7 on Billboard's AOTY list.

7. Tyler, the Creator, IGOR

“I hate wasted potential,” Tyler, the Creator asserts towards the end of IGOR, his fifth studio album. After a decade spent refining his style, the artist and businessman reached a new peak -- notching his first Billboard 200 No. 1 -- with a queer love story (which he wrote, produced and arranged) that moves further away from his earlier provocateur persona to reveal the tender, curious, human soul of Tyler Okonma. Across a tumultuous, brilliant maze of distorted keys, layered vocals and soft jazz flourishes, he dissects how relationships get tangled up with self-worth, fantasy and anxiety.

“How can I tell you?” he asks gingerly on third track “I Think"; by the time we arrive at the stinging “I Don’t Love You Anymore,” the titular lyrics tumble out of his mouth like those of a bitter toddler. In the end, it might be the album’s rough edges that make it so unavoidably moving: On the fizzy “Earfquake,” Tyler’s voice trembles and strains as if struggling to carry the weight of a feeling, while the bittersweet, six-minute “Gone, Gone / Thank You” is perhaps one of the most poignant relationship eulogies ever written. It’s both heartbreaking and perfect that the final song ends with a question mark. -- T.C.
                    https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...of-2019-top-50
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Urban/R&B Album of the Year_2019 (deadline: Jan 26)

Comment

Working...
                      X