Kelly Rowland - The Kelly Rowland Edition [EP]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly Rowland - The Kelly Rowland Edition [EP]

First Crown, then Kelly and now this... and still no album and no promotion. I don't really get where she is going with this strategy. At least we're getting new music.

All three songs are nice album tracks, nothing groundbreaking, definitely no single material here.

After listening to the EP and the previous tracks, I think it's safe to say that she has ditched dance music for good. I wish she would go back to the Ms Kelly sound. Something closer to what Destiny's Child would release. I want some pop-RnB bops ala Lose My Breath, Bootylicious and Jumpin' Junmpin'.

Comment

I cant help but to think she is lost. These recent releases are simply mediocre.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
        I cant help but to think she is lost. These recent releases are simply mediocre.
        She’s at the stage where making music is just for fun. It’s hardly a career choice at this point.
        M08T10

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
          She’s at the stage where making music is just for fun. It’s hardly a career choice at this point.
          As much as I love KR music has never been her priority.
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Wow random. I like it though. It’s very cohesive and chill. "See Me“ is pure fire!
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Don’t You Worry - ace beat! Love her vocals on this! Gives me that urban 90s chill!!!
              Diamonds - has a funky urban beat to it.
              See Me - has this Motivation sort of feel.

Kelly is staying true to her roots. I like this!!!
              | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

She should use the New Season of The Voice Australia Which just started (and Kelly has mentored on for the past 3 years) to promote this once we reach the lives in a few weeks.
                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

I like these 3 songs much more than what she's put out recently. Diamonds especially is retro fire! Did she record these with new/unknown producers and writers? It just goes to show you don't need a big budget to produce good music.

Comment

Yes she did!

I dont understand why some feel as though
                    Her dance music is her best music
                    Her last album was a r&b gem and this
                    Is in the same vein. She is creating
                    A musical lane. A sound that she is known for,
                    I applaud it.

The production
                    The writing
                    And her vocals are killer on this project
                    I'm very excited for her new album.

Comment

This is real good.

Comment

I don't understand why this isn't
                        Getting more press than the go Kelly go
                        Song.

https://youtu.be/vEraj-9AhyM
                        https://youtu.be/TDP02m0FUA0
                        https://youtu.be/ofy2afcWTNc

But this is more famous
                        https://youtu.be/a0SMm4Ylfxo

I dont get it

Comment

These are great! See Me is my favourite, followed by Don't You Worry.

Unfortunately, knowing Kelly she will let these fade into obscurity and release an album with little to no promo approximately a year from now. (Around the same time Beyoncé will release Homecoming on vinyl and her haters will use that to claim that she is "again" sabotaging Kelly's career).

Comment

Loving this ep!! She should record a little throwback summer video for Don't You Worry, something like Party (Beyonce) / Way Back (TLC).
                            R.I.P Aaliyah 1979-2001

Comment

I don't see her doing any kind of promo for this. I think this little project is just something for the fans. Just to keep us going until she finally releases her new album.

Comment

Why isn't this being promoted its better than thar girl gang song to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                  I agree. She seems to be in a lost space and releasing random songs like she’s “finding herself”
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post
                                    I agree. She seems to be in a lost space and releasing random songs like she’s “finding herself”
                                    She's not lost at all lol. She is releasing music Because the album is not finnished and people have been Harassing her about not releasing music in years so she is releasing buzz songs to get people off of her back while she finish her recording for the actual album. She has done many interviews explaining this

Comment

I love the world you live in

Comment

See Me is my favourite!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebey123 View Post
                                          She's not lost at all lol. She is releasing music Because the album is not finnished and people have been Harassing her about not releasing music in years so she is releasing buzz songs to get people off of her back while she finish her recording for the actual album. She has done many interviews explaining this
                                          !!!!!!

On top of that, what does Kelly have work hard for anymore? She apart of a best selling girl group. I think some of you fail to realize that some of our favs that have been around aren’t about trying to be on top anymore. Granted I want an album as well, if it’s gonna be good (especially after her last) then take your time bih.

Just say y’all are impatient for an album and keep it pushing
                                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                            See Me is my favourite!!!
                                            Same here. That song is everything!
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                              !!!!!!

On top of that, what does Kelly have work hard for anymore? She apart of a best selling girl group. I think some of you fail to realize that some of our favs that have been around aren’t about trying to be on top anymore. Granted I want an album as well, if it’s gonna be good (especially after her last) then take your time bih.

Just say y’all are impatient for an album and keep it pushing

Right. People are so hard on her. Kelly is not the same Kelly from Destiny's Child. She has had so much success in R&B and In The genre of Electronic Dance music. She has gained so much confidence. She is more sure of who she is as a artist than she has ever been. She wants to continue to work with different sounds Because she gets that she can do it all.

Check out this mini Documentary for the EP. She walked in told them what sound she wanted to create. Trust her vision people

Comment

"The elephant in the room for me it's always being second best"... wow. I mean WOW!!!

I think it's the first time I hear her aknowledge so upfront the presure that being compared to Beyoncé means to her.

Comment

Ooooooo I need to watch that (all though I felt like she said something about being in her shadow on Dirty Laundry).
                                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                  X