No announcement yet.

Miley Cyrus - Plastic Hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I can't wait for this album. The hype is high.

Comment

• OK, WTF Do I Know is probably not my cup of tea but that clip of High is cute. Christmas bop maybe?
        "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Let me go listen to the previews on the Australian Itunes store

Edit:

The first 7 tracks are actually great WTF Do I Know is super reminiscent of Ashley Tisdale's Guilty Pleasure era tbh. And Gimme What I Want sounds like a massive track (slight Charli xcx vibes).

But after Midnight Sky it kind of goes nowhere. Unfortunately.
            Last edited by LotsOfLove; Thu November 26, 2020, 17:31.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                Let me go listen to the previews on the Australian Itunes store

Edit:

The first 7 tracks are actually great WTF Do I Know is super reminiscent of Ashley Tisdale's Guilty Pleasure era tbh. And Gimme What I Want sounds like a massive track (slight Charli xcx vibes).

But after Midnight Sky it kind of goes nowhere. Unfortunately.
                Ashley Tisdale sounds very promising to me, loooved that album back then

Comment

• Gimme What I Want, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky - WOW.

Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalía/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• What an amazing record.
                    I have to agree on the above trilogy though I’d add Prisoner as it’s amazing to that stretch of the album.
                    Last edited by Mpol; Fri November 27, 2020, 00:30.

Comment

• I listened to it for the first time and damn it’s good. It’s her best album in ages since MCAHDP was good but messy and too long and YN was simply boring. There’s not a single bad song on the album and its very cohesive and another re-invention for her. I'm obsessed and imo it’s one of the best albums of the year and definitely in her trinity.
                      The only negative thing that I have to say about it is that it’s way too short.

Favorites: Midnight Sky, Prisoner, Gimme What I Want & Bad Karma
                      Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri November 27, 2020, 00:45.
                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I feel the uptempo are better than the ballads. The ballads sound a little same same but I need more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Girl I am too lazy to write a review.

Overall it's like 8.5

By the way that review you posted is an absolute mess. That ghey has no clue and prolly stans Katy and Ga Ga.
                          That review is mine. The NERVE.

Joke lol, isn't Breathe Heavy a Britney site ?

I love Angels Like you, got distracted with something else so have to pick up Miley later.
                          Last edited by InFamous; Fri November 27, 2020, 02:56.

Comment

• On my way to the office listening to it through my headphones. After y‘all praised Gimme What I Want so much I had high expectations. But it just slaps half as hard as I would have imagined.

I quite enjoy the ballad Never Be Me. It’s a treat! Night Crawling is cute too. Very refreshing.
                            "You don't have to be perfect but you have to be 100% committed." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez | My last.fm

Comment

• This may be my most body of work by her since Can't Be Tamed

Comment

• Well, this is by far her best album. I mean as a whole. It may not be full of Top 40 material but it certainly has a clear concept, and that is very much appreciated.

Comment

• Yeah, the first half sounds really strong, but it gets a little bit boring towards the end.

Comment

• Amazing album, Prisoner, Gimme What I Want, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky back to back to is pure perfection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                      Yeah, the first half sounds really strong, but it gets a little bit boring towards the end.
                                      Try a different tracklist order.

I re-arranged the tracklist to this:

1. Midnight Sky
                                      2. WTF Do I Know
                                      3. Plastic Hearts
                                      4. Night Crawling (feat. Billy Idol)
                                      5. Angels Like You
                                      6. High
                                      7. Hate Me
                                      8. Gimme What I Want
                                      9. Win Some, Lose Some (a leaked track that didn't make the album, but is amazing so I added it myself)
                                      10. Bad Karma (feat. Joan Jett)
                                      11. Prisoner (feat. Dua Lipa)
                                      12. Never Be Me
                                      13. Golden G String

I think this way the album flows much better and not all uptempo's are in the first half. I'd say try it.
                                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• So far my favourites are

1 - Midnight Sky
                                        2 - Plastic Hearts
                                        3 - Never Be Me
                                        4 - Gimme What I Want
                                        5 - WTF Do I Know

Due to the fact that rock isn’t my home genre, this record won’t have much longevity but there is enough good material on it in order to entertain me for a while.

Comment

• I absolutely love this. The 1-2-3 punch that is Gimme What I Want, Night Crawling, Midnight Sky- wow. Another clear standout for me is the Title Track. While I like "Angels Like You" I don't know why they push that on Spotify platforms. Maybe to show a different side of the album? Prisoner really grew on me in the album perspective.
                                          For me that's definitely the strongest pop album of the year along with Future Nostalgia. I absolutely love this new pop direction. Harry Styles, Dua Lipa and her really created timeless records with the disco and rock influences.

Top 5:

Plastic Hearts
                                          Midnight Sky
                                          Night Crawling
                                          Gimme What I want
                                          Never Be Me
                                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I actually adore the 2nd half even more than the first one.
                                            This album is really good, maybe even her best one,
                                            Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Miley will perform tonight in Studio 2054, maybe Prisoner and something else from the album.

Comment

• This is okay at first listen. Bangerz is miles better.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Will listen to the whole album later today.

Still hate her for ignoring Slide Away. Lack of taste is real.

Comment

• Thus far, the album stands at a 78/100 on Metacritic. My initial hope for the album was a 80+/100 and it's actually pretty close to that.
                                                    You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                                                    I should walk away.
                                                    Oh, I should walk away.
                                                    But I think I'll stay.
                                                    (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X