No announcement yet.

Ed Sheeran - No. 6 Collaborations Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blow is great, first great song from Ed in ages.
    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Blow is good but the track with YEBBA is awful.
      THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
        It is really boring, they shouldn't have released it
        As a singer, songwriter and producer Bruno Mars has sold over 169 million singles

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
          I didn't expect a Bruno/Ed collab to sound like Blow
          Same, If it wasnt for the radio pre-announcing it was this song when I first heard it yesterday, I might have thought it was something else, can recognise Bruno's voice clearly on it though.

It's pretty rock tinged for Ed, the music kinda reminds me a little bit of something like Lenny Kravitz' Fly Away.
          UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
            This the Yebba collab is Perfect's ugly cousin
            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Mariah Carey the best singer of all time
              My Queen! My Goddess! My Idol!
              Forever and always!

Comment

I never would've imagined a Bruno x Ed collab struggeling to stay Top100 on ww spotify and already falling below 1m daily streams on second day
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

So this came out today. Will give it a spin in a minute.

But... I'm confused. Are "I Don't Care", "Cross Me", "Beautiful People", "Best Part Of Me", "Blow" and "Antisocial" really all proper singles? So much for taking a break for some time. He's everywhere again and I don't think that's good for him in the long run.

Comment

I think this project had more potential than what he gave. The tracks with Bieber and Khalid are forgettable, yes the former was a big hit, but it's still the ugly sister to Shape Of You. Beautiful People is okay, but serves B-side/bonustrack realness imo.

South Of The Border is a cute bop, expected more, fits Camila and Ed, Cardi was not needed for me, she adds nothing.

Cross Me, I warmed up to this but I feel beside Chance this track also would sound perfect with a Drake feature.

Take Me Back To London took me by suprise, great track overall.

Best Part Of Me is cute, but overall it's just a basic guitar duet.

Antisocial is an other great track

Remember The Name is a bit like Revenge by P!nk, like the concept of the track is great, but for an EdxEminem collabo it is okay. Like I feel they could have come harder.

Feels is cute, but is a bit background-ish, like I wouldn't mind if it was played in the background sitting in a café but it's not something I would put on myself.

Put It All On Me is a lowkey bop, cute that's it.

Nothing On You, the instrumental is more interesting than the track overall is. Misses a memorable hook.

I Don't Want Your Money is great.

1000 Nights is cute, but a bit meh

Way To Break My Heart is cute

Blow great track but odd way to end the album

Overall a cute project. Where Shape Of You sounded like the odd track on his last album and would fit perfectly on this, I feel Best Part Of Me would have fitted perfectly on his last album. I feel he cpuld have come harder and more 'experimental' though. There is a lot of potential there but he still holds back.

Comment

Just started playing this but Im liking what I hear so far.

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I literally like none of the visuals this era so far

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                            I think they are supposed to be relatable and funny but it doesn't work imo. I think there are plenty of people who like it though
                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                              I think they are supposed to be relatable and funny but it doesn't work imo. I think there are plenty of people who like it though
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Listened to most of the Album, was up to Feels earlier. Take Me Back To London is giving me JT 'Supplies' vibes in parts (mainly the chorus).

Blow would've been good as the opening track, But Beautiful People opens fine as well.

The videos have definitely been interesting. Glad we got something for Cross Me. Will listen to the rest later.
                                Last edited by Affillate; Fri July 12th, 2019, 13:18.

Comment

Found this interview thing on Youtube:

Comment

Blow is the only song I really like on that.
                                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

this album is actually very very good
                                      Forever Young

Comment

I really really enjoyed this album. It was so smooth and easy to listen to that I played it twice without realising.

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                          this album is actually very very good
                                          Agreed
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

Definitely better than his last effort. While still trend chasing it's at least diverse and explores parts of different genres
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

This is a great album. Lots of catchy tracks and not at all a snooze fest which is very refreshing for Ed
                                              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Lyrically and sonically this is so generic.

The track with about London with Stormzy is odd, since he didn't grow up there, and lives in Suffolk. Reminds me of the track he wrote with Anne-Marie which was filled with American references like dancing on the hood of a Mustang etc as a child....you're from Essex.

These artists thrive off presenting a relatable, authentic image, which really just means giving the consumers something cliche rather than anything genuine or interesting.

Don't even get me started on the fetishisation of Latinx people as exotic on the Cardi track....
                                                late.

Comment

Nu Vanilla Ice
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Don't like the album. I feel like these featured artists are kinda useless, as in they're trying to fit in with Ed's sound instead of Ed exploring new sounds by having the featured artists bring their own colors.

Comment

It’s interesting (and I don’t know how much of a thing this is or not) reading a few articles (and apparently it’s discussed in that interview I posted, I haven’t watched the whole thing yet) that It seems Ed might be struggling a bit with the reminders that he’s famous.

He did the social media blackout thing in 2016, then Shape of You brought a whole new level, and now he’s talking about how he values the moments when fans have a regular conversation with him without the reality check stinger of asking for a selfie or whatever at the end, or feeling like he’s being watched whenever he goes to a restaurant (typical price tag of fame stuff).

Then he goes on to say his wife at times has to push him to go out and he also sometimes wonders why she is with him and could’ve had anyone else. This shines through on a few tracks on No 6. I Don’t Care, Beautiful People, Antisocial and Best Part of Me in particular.

Could we perhaps be seeing more of Ed trying to stay out of the spotlight after this album, scale his fame back a bit and maybe just do a whole lot of writing for other artists, or just releasing what he wants on his own schedule (kinda like this project)? He goes on about having already achieved more than he thought he could.
                                                      Last edited by Affillate; Mon July 15th, 2019, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                                        Don't like the album. I feel like these featured artists are kinda useless, as in they're trying to fit in with Ed's sound instead of Ed exploring new sounds by having the featured artists bring their own colors.
                                                        I actually felt it was the opposite, Ed using the featured artists sound on each song and then doing his twist on it! Particularly on Blow & Stormzy ones
                                                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

that is a valid critic
                                                          Forever Young

Comment

I basically agree with this, I feel he could have experimented a lot more. Also I wish he actually worked with a lot more alternative/indie/unknown people to shake things up a bit.

Comment

All those big names working with him shows that he must be a really nice guy.
                                                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                              X