No announcement yet.

BANKS - III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I’d love to have a favourite tracks poll.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

First spin is done and I've really enjoyed what I heard! Will need some more spins to be able to write a review though, but it's definitely a great album so far and I hope it does well for her

Comment

First spin and I am left a bit unsatisfied.

I wanted more.

More Contaminated-esque songs that scream for multiple replays.

Instead the album opens with a filler and ends with two fillers. 3 missed opportunities to fill the album with vibrant and lush content.

However, judgements reserved until further spins.

Comment

Sawzall, Hawaiian Mazes, Alaska, If We Were Made of Water ,

F*** me up, Jillian

I think it's her best album already. Her most cohesive. I can admit Gemini feed may have a couple of highs that can compete with this though. But I enjoyed tf out of this on a first listen.
          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

84 on Metacritic based on 7 reviews

Loving the critical acclaim this is getting

Comment

So far it's ...

STUNNING
              - Gimme
              - Contaminated
              - Stroke
              - Godless
              - Propaganda

GREAT EFFORT
              - Sawzall
              - Hawaiian Mazes
              - Alaska
              - The Fall

OK
              - Look What You're Doing To Me

KEEP IT
              - Till Now
              - Made Of Water
              - What About Love

Comment

Loving this!
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

On my like 103rd spin now.

My first impression has fortunately changed. I think this is such an eclectic record that displays so many emotions.

Till Now and What About Love still don’t convince me though. They sound quite unfinished and unstructured.

However, I absolutely ADORE the rest.

Comment

not sure how i feel about this album
                    Forever Young

Comment

I love it! I am thankful for Godless as it reflects my current love status.

Comment

The first time I listened to an album for hers and I don’t know what to think. There are a lot of great moments but also some fillers. Might have to listen to it again.
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Loose's Verdict

TILL NOW - I get the sense of wanting to open the album with a statement. However, this statement could have been an elaborated song instead of something that comes out from a jam session. 'Till Now' basically doesn't ignite. 5/10
                          GIMME - A fierce electric thunderstorm as I call it. A track hardly to forget and not remember. It is certainly the most forceful song on the album and oozes so much confdence. Banger. 9/10
                          CONTAMINATED - What a masterpiece! Such an intimate moment that takes us back to a place of longing and passionate emotions. Brilliantly executed. 10/10
                          STROKE - Great twisted song. I love how the dark clouds disappear towards the end and the track turns into a dance number. It's so refreshing to be released from the dark and finally step into the light. 9/10
                          GODLESS - What a reverential masterpiece! I absolutely adore the gospel influences and the fact it sounds like a hymn. There's nothing subtle about it. This song comes from a devoted very spiritual place. A personal favourite. 10/10
                          SAWZALL - One of the ballads on this records. After the stunning 'Contaminated' the second best in my opinion. It's very self-reflective and a well-needed quiet moment on the record. The simplicity of it is beautiful. 8/10
                          LOOK WAHT YOU'RE DOING TO ME - Despite its punch and outgoing melody, LWYDTM tries too hard to be radio-friendly and is overly commercial among other songs on the record. I appreciate a truly uplifting moment on the record. However, this is is just for the radio and mainstream appeal. 7/10
                          HAWAIIAN MAZES - An R&B slow jam, I can't believe it! Exceptionally beautiful, soft yet melodic. I especially love the bridge part that adds a little bit of oomph to it. 9/10
                          ALASKA - Unique! This song is a real contribution to this record due to its strange quirkiness. It's very driven and even a bit distorted in some places. However, I think it's amazingly catchy and such a fun song. 9/10
                          PROPAGANDA - This song has some bite! I also consider this one to be one of the more commercially appealing songs on the record. Its light-hearted and outgoing production makes you want to dance to it. The second verse and bridge part are raw!! Love this. 9/10
                          THE FALL - Also very atmospheric yet very melodic. The rap part catches special attention in my opinion. The guitar adds a somewhat romantic feeling to it. It's dynamic, fast-paced, penetrating. You gotta love it! 9/10
                          IF WE WERE MADE OF WATER - A beautiful ballad that reveals its potential with a couple of spins. I wish this was the closing track of the record. The rain sound in the background is quite nice. 8/10
                          WHAT ABOUT LOVE - Another ballad but this one leaves me quite cold and unimpressed. I assume she wanted to finish the record with something peaceful. But that's about it. 6/10

8.3/10

Comment

After the first listen I liked the album more than I expected to, since the singles that were released before the album didn’t really do anything for me. I understand the criticism for “Till Now”, but to me it doesn’t really feel like an own song anyway, but more like a long interlude and I think if you see it that way it’s not such a bad album opener after all.

The highlights for me so far are “Godless” and “Propaganda”. Actually, I don’t really dislike any of the songs. But it’s too early for me to say if I prefer “III” to her previous albums - “The Altar” is really hard to top as it’s a near-flawless album.

Comment

After Gimme and Contaminated, I had high hopes for the rest of the album, but those two tracks are the clear standouts imo.

Still a very solid album imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SilentDream View Post
                                After the first listen I liked the album more than I expected to, since the singles that were released before the album didn’t really do anything for me. I understand the criticism for “Till Now”, but to me it doesn’t really feel like an own song anyway, but more like a long interlude and I think if you see it that way it’s not such a bad album opener after all.

The highlights for me so far are “Godless” and “Propaganda”. Actually, I don’t really dislike any of the songs. But it’s too early for me to say if I prefer “III” to her previous albums - “The Altar” is really hard to top as it’s a near-flawless album.
                                I agree. The Altar still digs a little deeper than III does. I would not want to miss out on gems like 27 Hours, Lovesick or Haunt either.

She’s made a strong trilogy though and I am happy we got a generally more driven record this time.

Comment

Just to see which album actually is the better album, I'd like to give a verdict for The Altar as well.

Loose's Verdict

GEMINI FEED - 9/10
                                  **** WITH MYSELF - 8/10
                                  LOVESICK - 10/10
                                  MIND GAMES - 8/10
                                  TRAINWRECK - 7/10
                                  THIS IS NOT ABOUT US - 9/10
                                  WEAKER GIRL - 10/10
                                  MOTHER EARTH - 9/10
                                  JUDAS - 7/10
                                  HAUNT - 10/10
                                  POLTERGEIST - 8/10
                                  TO THE HILT - 9/10
                                  27 HOURS - 10/10

8.7/10

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                    I agree. The Altar still digs a little deeper than III does. I would not want to miss out on gems like 27 Hours, Lovesick or Haunt either.

She’s made a strong trilogy though and I am happy we got a generally more driven record this time.
                                    Imo all three albums have amazing highlights, but TA is her most consistent record. It’s one great song after another, there’s basically no filler.

Comment

Absolutely true. The Altar is exciting and changeable throughout whereas III has 1 or 2 fillers.

It’s an acceptable quantity nevertheless.

I‘m so excited now to see her live in Germany.

Comment

^ Have fun, I hope one day I can also go to one of her concerts. I heard she’s amazing live.

I can’t get over “Propaganda” btw, what an amazing song. One of her career highlights imo.

Comment

Yea it is heavy on fillers
                                          Forever Young

Comment

I think it’s my fav from her.
                                            LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
                                              I think it’s my fav from her.
                                              really?
                                              Forever Young

Comment

III is her most commercially appealing record to date.

However, it’s got that alternative twist still with muted songs like Contaminated.

If it wasn’t for the 3-4 very basic songs, it would have had the potential to beat The Altar.

Comment

I think this is better than The Alter as a whole. The Alter has a couple of bops are just everything and that are very strong, but it has its “wtf am I listening to” moments for me.

I can let III play all the way through. Wasn’t expecting to dig this album so much. Definitely a top fav of the year already.
                                                  Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I've been waiting for a live performance of Contaminated and it's finally here!

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                                      I think this is better than The Alter as a whole. The Alter has a couple of bops are just everything and that are very strong, but it has its “wtf am I listening to” moments for me.

I can let III play all the way through. Wasn’t expecting to dig this album so much. Definitely a top fav of the year already.
                                                      it is better than Alter but it's not Godess
                                                      Forever Young

Comment

She came for me and I was not expecting it. Her best album.
                                                        Eudaimonia
                                                        Last.fm
                                                        Instagram

Comment

It keeps growing on me and I feel like it may end up as my most favorite album from her so far

Comment

I can shuffle this album all day long. It’s so versatile and I love the diversity of it.

Comment

If We Were Made Of Water finally clicked with me.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X