Normani - Debut Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    The time has been & gone. She missed her hype.
    Some people are simply overhwelmed by taking care of a solo career and are better off with a group sharing responsibilities. Too bad, Normani assumed that she was bigger than the band...

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Some people are simply overhwelmed by taking care of a solo career and are better off with a group sharing responsibilities. Too bad, Normani assumed that she was bigger than the band...
      The band was on indefinite hiatus when she went solo. The label was the one who put them on hiatus.

Comment

They could've changed the label.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          They could've changed the label.
          I don't think the girls own the copyright to their name.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

I don't think the girls own the copyright to their name.
            That's bad. As you probably know, I'm always supporting girlband and boybands to continue even if they reach a point where they are not as successful anymore - even if it's just to satisfy the fans and match the power of the band they once created. It's a shame if label politics pretty much screw up this major opportunity.

Comment

She could have had decent success in 2019 with an album. Now, no one cares anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post
                She could have had decent success in 2019 with an album. Now, no one cares anymore.
                I second this. She had everyone's eyes on her and an album at the end of the year woulda been the best thing she could do. Right now the hype is low, but I know she can still pull it together!!!

Comment

Even if she pulls it together, US is the only market she can have some kind of success with the kind of music she's making atm.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

And even that is a big question mark.

Comment

Yeah she should have had the album ready to release after motivation.

I'm not sure she will even out sell Camila and her new album has awful first week sales...
                      Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                      'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

This topic is also three years old already
                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Originally posted by croatiaxtina View Post

Still a good laugh
                          Might be my laugh also here in following years.
                          BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                          YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Keep Cool/RCA are the ones to blame here... they're still trying to catch a hit with her, which is not bad, but some of their partners in the label released albums this year (UMI and Lucky Daye) and nothing for Normani... not even an EP or mixtape...

Comment

Does she really think she's all that? Fifth Harmony wasn't even that popular.

Comment

Funny to me how people always try and blame the label when it's clear this chick is never happening. She's boring.
                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

I mean, we all have no idea what is happening behind the scenes for sure but I get the feeling that she just lacks of drive.

In the meantime while we're waiting for a certainty, she could do a bunch of promo by herself. To engage with the fans & introduce herself to a wider audience. Idk, like doing Q&As on social media, covering other people's songs, giving proper updates on social media (instead of being vague) - like idk, do something.

Comment

Originally posted by basticasas View Post
                                    Keep Cool/RCA are the ones to blame here... they're still trying to catch a hit with her, which is not bad, but some of their partners in the label released albums this year (UMI and Lucky Daye) and nothing for Normani... not even an EP or mixtape...
                                    See I don't understand what kind of 'hit' they're looking for? Cause if they're aiming for an R&B hit, then "Wild Side" was their answer. It reached #1 on Urban I believe and it's still getting played.

But if we're looking for a massive Pop hit, then stop releasing R&B songs like "Wild Side" or "Fair" cause there's only a small chance it'll be able to crossover to mainstream like, I just don't get it.

Comment

Well considering she has two absolute classics of the last decade, I'd say she already happened.
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                        Well considering she has two absolute classics of the last decade, I'd say she already happened.
                                        Oop. What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by aang View Post
                                          See I don't understand what kind of 'hit' they're looking for?
                                          I believe they relying on that new Calvin Harris track.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchum View Post

Oop. What are they?
                                            Dancing with a Stranger and Love Lies
                                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                              Yeah she should have had the album ready to release after motivation.

I'm not sure she will even out sell Camila and her new album has awful first week sales...
                                              She would have had Familia sales even with "Motivation" or "Dancing with a Stranger" as the lead single. I doubt that she could outsell Fifth Harmony albums.

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack View Post

She would have had Familia sales even with "Motivation" or "Dancing with a Stranger" as the lead single. I doubt that she could outsell Fifth Harmony albums.
                                                I'm worried her album will end up doing worse than familia the more it gets delayed
                                                Turn the lights down low and kiss me in the dark
                                                'Cause when you're touching me, baby, I see sparks..

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Dancing with a Stranger and Love Lies
                                                  Classics lol
                                                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Classics lol
                                                    classic LOL x2

Comment

Working...
                                                    X