No announcement yet.

Selena Gomez - Rare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Stained" is an unreleased song (and fan favorite) from the scrapped 2017 dark pop album that was originally supposed to be released after "Bad Liar", "Fetish" and "Wolves".

As much as I love "Rare" I'm mad that we will never get to hear that full original concept. "Stained" is such a masterpiece. The lyrics, the production... And we all already know that the singles and their visuals were outstanding. The 2017 album would’ve been even better than "Rare".

I wouldn’t mind it if she would just release all the songs from those sessions on SG3. "Kinda Crazy" (maybe you can count "Feel Me"?) is the only song from the original concept that made it on "Rare". And I think that it was supposed to be behind "Stained" on the tracklist because the transition is a bit too perfect.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Sat August 8, 2020, 03:25.
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Have you heard the rumor? That a remix of Vulnerable featuring Harry Styles will be released soon? Hope it's true! JeremySpears
      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• ^ I have not heard about that but I did hear rumors that Vulnerable will be the next single. I think the era is over though.

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Vulnerable could be such a hit. This albums delicate
          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

• Omg that makes sense actually
            Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu August 13, 2020, 23:03.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The 31 best music videos of 2020 (so far), ranked

19. "Boyfriend" by Selena Gomez

In "Boyfriend," Selena Gomez plays a woman who's deceptively normal — but so obsessed with finding a worthy, committed man that she turns her dates into frogs and keeps them as pets.

It's a little incongruous with the point of the song ("There's a difference between a want and a need / Some nights I just want more than me"), but it's always fun when Gomez gets a little weird.

Most of her best videos are vaguely freaky ("Fetish") or twisty and sinister ("Hands to Myself"), so even though "Boyfriend" isn't one of her best songs, the video deserves a spot in her visual hall of fame.

26. "Rare" by Selena Gomez

The video for "Rare" is a beautiful way to represent finding solace in oneself. Despite expressing disappointment in her lover, Selena Gomez frolics and glistens in a woodland fairytale, perhaps meant to represent the magical landscape of her own mind.

By setting the video in an "ethereal forest dream," Gomez suggests that spending time alone is natural, and that she came to these conclusions ("I'm special," "I'm so rare") by exploring her own psyche — rather than relying on others to tell her.
                https://www.insider.com/best-music-v...-ranked-2020-8
                Last edited by JeremySpears; Thu August 27, 2020, 17:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

"Stained" is an unreleased song (and fan favorite) from the scrapped 2017 dark pop album that was originally supposed to be released after "Bad Liar", "Fetish" and "Wolves".

As much as I love "Rare" I'm mad that we will never get to hear that full original concept. "Stained" is such a masterpiece. The lyrics, the production... And we all already know that the singles and their visuals were outstanding. The 2017 album would’ve been even better than "Rare".

I wouldn’t mind it if she would just release all the songs from those sessions on SG3. "Kinda Crazy" (maybe you can count "Feel Me"?) is the only song from the original concept that made it on "Rare". And I think that it was supposed to be behind "Stained" on the tracklist because the transition is a bit too perfect.

Well then release that album!!

Comment

• I'd be totally here for that album. Loved, loved "Bad Liar"/"Fetish" as back to back singles. More than everything from the "Rare" album to be honest.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• From a new Rolling Stone interview:

You released Rare in January, just a few weeks before the pandemic overtook the U.S. How did you have to change your post-release plans?
                        When the album came out, I got to celebrate it and enjoy it. [Afterward] I was really sad for everyone. As far as strategizing, we decided to finish the album [cycle], wrap it up, because we weren’t going to be able to do anything for the rest of the year. I released “Boyfriend” — it was technically the last single. But what was going on was far more important than anything anyone would have said or done. To be honest, I couldn’t enjoy it when “Boyfriend” came out. I am very proud of the song, but I didn’t enjoy the feeling.

This album came nearly five years after Revival. When did you start to consciously write and record it?
                        I had started to just play around. I didn’t say, “I want to do an album” — it was more just me going in, experimenting and writing with the people I feel comfortable writing with. This was probably three years ago. I didn’t feel inspired by much, so I would just kind of drift in and out.

I went away for a little bit, and when I came back . . . I don’t know if something came over me. I heard a song called “Rare,” and that was the moment I knew that my album was starting and that this was going to be the name of the album before I even recorded it.

From that point on, I focused on creating more songs that were lyrically about transformation and vulnerability and heartbreak. It felt like [the material] was really, really strong, and I was very happy about it. I think that becoming more involved than I ever have been [in the making of the album] helped me gain confidence and empowered me completely. I took control over what I was going to say, what I was going to do.

What did control look like for you?
                        I did not have my team or my A&R or my label in the process a lot. I controlled what was being sent. It was my idea to release “Lose You to Love Me” and “Look at Her Now” [back-to-back]. They were kind of nervous about it, because they didn’t want to take away from either song. I knew from the get-go that “Lose You to Love Me” was going to be the bigger song, because I just felt it in my heart.

I wanted people to take away that this was a journey and that it was completely closed. I don’t want people to see me as just sad and hurt. I didn’t want that anymore. I wanted people to know that I experienced something real, and that part of me is over.
                        https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...w-1061309/amp/

So the era is officially over. I hate it here. Also she did not just call "Boyfriend" a single....
                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Yesterday, 21:54.

Comment

Working...
                        X