Charli XCX - Charli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charli XCX - Charli

After numerous delays by her label (which resulted in two brilliant albums mixtapes) and the subsequent leak of dozens of demos, Charli XCX has finally announced her third album, which is set to be released on September 13 via Atlantic's Asylum label

After discovering her talents as a curator while creating her mixtapes, Charli has included a number of collaborations that are sure to please her fans on the album. The LP is also executive produced by Charli's friend, creative director and PC Music label head A. G. Cook. Despite the collaborative nature of her work, this is a very important and personal album for Charli XCX, hence why the album is simply titled Charli

TRACKLIST
    01 Next Level Charli
    02 Gone (feat. Christine and the Queens)
    03 Cross You Out (feat. Sky Ferreira)
    04 1999 (with Troye Sivan)
    05 Click (feat. Kim Petras & Tommy Cash)
    06 Warm (feat. HAIM)
    07 Thoughts
    08 Blame it on Your Love (feat. Lizzo)
    09 White Mercedes
    10 Silver Cross
    11 I Don't Wanna Know
    12 Official
    13 Shake It (feat. Big Freedia, CupcakKe, Brooke Candy & Pabllo Vittar)
    14 February 2017 (feat. Clairo & Yaeji)
    15 2099 (feat. Troye Sivan)

Includes the singles 1999 and Blame it on Your Love
    late.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I like the cover. And the tracklist looks exciting and like a mix of her two Mixtapes.

2099 tho

Comment

Cover art already legendary.

Comment

That cover
          Some great guests on it. Just hope it's not as flat as the current single.
          Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (28th March 20) - Little Mix, Wolfclub, Blanche, TBM, NIN, Spray, Baxter Dury, Adamski, Weeknd, Gambino, SRC

Comment

Wig

Comment

I'm so so so excited for this!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've been waiting so long for this, I can't believe we're finally getting it. Those features too, whew. Charli actually managed to get Sky into the studio.
                late.

Comment

Finally! Loving that cover and the tracklist looks great.

Kinda sad some awesome singles like "5 In The Morning", "Focus" and "No Angel" won't be on this while the weaker "1999" will be on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                    Finally! Loving that cover and the tracklist looks great.

Kinda sad some awesome singles like "5 In The Morning", "Focus" and "No Angel" won't be on this while the weaker "1999" will be on it.
                    Those were not supposed to be there in the first place, and I think 1999 got there since it became a nice little hit

Comment

Shame Boys won't be there, not a huge fan of 1999 or BIOYL, but will check it out
                      last.fm

Comment

I was hoping for a Zara Larsson, Tove Love, Dua Lipa, Carly Rae Jepsen, MO collaboration :( but I'm so excited for this!

Comment

If Charli standing on a chair and throwing the vinyl at you doesn't get you to pre-order the album idk what will.

late.

Comment

I think this will flop really hard and make her depression even worse.

Which is sad. But apparently she wasn’t destined to be huge and successful.

Comment

She took a long time, she had momentum with "Boom Clap" and then she released buzz singles for eternity.

Comment

She has 15M monthly listeners on Spotify, 1999 has 125M streams on Spotify, she IS successful y‘all
                                2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Just listened to the previews on itunes. She could've added Miss U tbh, songs like I don't wanna know & White Mercedes are quite reminiscent of this.

Official sounds like it could become one of my big faves.

Comment

I can’t believe we’ve finally gotten to this point. The album is as incredible as I could have imagined.
                                    late.

Comment

My wig flew away and disintegrated in the hyperspace.
                                      I am SO glad she kept the more experimental, avant-garde stuff until the album release, the new tracks are such a treat.

Comment

I love most of the albun, few growers, so might up loving everything in the end

Comment

I think the album is good but not as good as her other released stuff (mixtapes, ep).

Thoughts is unbearable. Shake It is too disjointed, I was hoping for I got it Pt2 but unfortunately it turned out a mess. February 2017 is just there, doesn't add anything. And the album opener grates my ears.

Apart from these lows, the songs are interesting, catchy at times and nice to experience. I really like the slower songs on this (White Mercedes, I don't wanna know & Official). Gone is probably my favorite track.

Still wish Miss U would've replaced Thoughts or February 2017.

Comment

So, I've listened to the album a second time and have some thoughts on it

It's actually much more cutting-edge than I thought it would be, since the singles and promotional songs, as well as the rumours surrounding the record were probably a bit misleading. I personally thought the album would be in sharp contrast with Pop 2, and showcase her more poppy songs in order for her to keep one foot in the mainstream world. However, the only real poppy songs on the record are realistically just 1999 and Blame It on Your Love, which are also probably the weakest (or more out-of-place) tracks here.

The rest sounds like a natural continuation of Pop 2, with industrial sounds, unconventional structures and hypertechno vision of the future. Some of the tracks (Click, Silver Cross, Shake It, 2099) sound even more extreme than Pop 2, and I am glad that she had space to evolve her sound on a proper album of hers. The solo tracks are also very interesting, as they are probably the songs with a more confessional vibe on the record, and especially the ones in the middle part of the record are a good way to showcase her persona without the help of guest singers.

My personal faves: Gone, Click, Silver Cross, Official, Shake It, February 2017

Comment

I just stopped by to say Shake It is that girl!!! I was disappointed by how subduded it started but when Big Freedia started I was shaking my ass! I need to listen to the others.

Comment

[MENTION=38964]ArmyOfMe[/MENTION] love your take on the album.

I’ll do a write up when I get time, but this album is giving me so much life. I didn’t wanna go to sleep before work last night mess.

I just wanna say Official is one of my favourite love songs of the year it’s so vulnerable.
                                                late.

Comment

Just bought the CD and bought a ticket to her Amsterdam date, in a few weeks, I became a fan after being a casual listener for years

Comment

Working...
                                                  X