No announcement yet.

Taylor Swift - Lover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^I agree. Rep is my least fav album by her. And i don't know why she chose Me over The Man, or Cruel Summer
    You drew stars around my scars

Comment

• I like quite a few songs on this album, but it grew old for me pretty fast. I was done with it after a couple of spins TBH.

IMHO Reputation aged better.
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• 13 years into her career. Absolutely nobody is doing it like her.
        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• She performed "Soon You'll Get Better".

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• One year of the "Lover" era.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• That acoustic performance of Cornelia Street was EVERYTHING. Jesus, those high notes. I fell in love with the song.
                  One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

Comment

• She uploaded Cornelia Street (Live From Paris) Video on her YouTube.
                      Could it be a hint that it's the next single?
                      Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

• I'm not that much into "Lover" album as much as "1989" and "reputation" but omg! What an excellent performance! It really elevated the song!!!
                        Last edited by GreekGeek; Wed June 24th, 2020, 19:41.
                        And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

Comment

• So "Cruel Summer" is now officially the first 2nd track on a Taylor album that did not become a single. A tragedy.

Her new single "Cardigan" is the second song on her new album "Folklore".

Comment

• With the release of Folklore, this album is such a great transition from Reputation to her current sound. Story telling at its finest.

Comment

• YUP

Comment

• Two very remarkable highlights of this records were False God and Soon You‘ll Get Better (even though I am not able to play that song very often).
                                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• This is her best album along with 1989.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• While Lover is not among her best albums, it contains some absolutely amazing songs. It could have been amazing without ME!, Paper Rings, and London Boy and maybe some other songs being bonus tracks.
                                    Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• London Boy is the best song on the album, my personal favorite.

This could do without "The Man", "Afterglow", "False God".

Comment

• Originally posted by luckyONE View Post
                                        London Boy is the best song on the album, my personal favorite.

This could do without "The Man", "Afterglow", "False God".
                                        The Man and Afterglow?? Literally two of the best songs on the album but ok.

It's Nice to Have a Friend is one of her worst songs. So monotonous and boring. It sounds like she’s reading the lyrics without any emotion or motivation. That one could’ve been scrapped.

Comment

• Well, if I didn't think that, I wouldn't have written it.

These songs are more of an annoying noise than songs for me. And that video for The Man is a try too hard. Not only did she try too hard with the song but also with the video. And that comes from her biggest fan probably.

Comment

• False God is one of the best songs on the album. It’s Nice... is a great one but it should have been a bonus track. London Boy is one of her worst songs IMO but I’m glad people like different ones!

ps. I absolutely love the Live from Paris performances

my top favorites: Cornelia Street, The Archer, False God, Death by..., Miss American, Soon You”ll Get Better
                                            Last edited by mattsky; Sat August 1st, 2020, 06:57.
                                            Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

It's Nice to Have a Friend is one of her worst songs. So monotonous and boring. It sounds like she’s reading the lyrics without any emotion or motivation. That one could’ve been scrapped.
                                              Haha, I agree with this!

The album would have been amazing if this had been the trimmed-down tracklist:

1. Cruel Summer
                                              2. You Need To Calm Down
                                              3. The Man
                                              4. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
                                              5. Lover
                                              6. Cornelia Street
                                              7. Death By A Thousand Cuts
                                              8. Paper Rings
                                              9. Me!
                                              10. London Boy
                                              11. Afterglow
                                              12. Soon You'll Get Better.

Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimJim View Post

Haha, I agree with this!

The album would have been amazing if this had been the trimmed-down tracklist:

1. Cruel Summer
                                                2. You Need To Calm Down
                                                3. The Man
                                                4. Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
                                                5. Lover
                                                6. Cornelia Street
                                                7. Death By A Thousand Cuts
                                                8. Paper Rings
                                                9. Me!
                                                10. London Boy
                                                11. Afterglow
                                                12. Soon You'll Get Better.

Add to this "Daylight" at the end and it's a perfect tracklist. I would even remove Me!
                                                One life with one dream on repeat

Comment

• I love It's Nice To Have a Friend

Also how beautiful Soon You'll Get Better is. :(
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I‘m also team It‘s Nice To Have a Friend, actually one of my faves on this album

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike View Post
                                                      I‘m also team It‘s Nice To Have a Friend, actually one of my faves on this album
                                                      Same! It's super basic, but I love the lyrics and vibe.
                                                      Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [85-81]

Comment

Working...
                                                      X