Melanie Martinez - K-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melanie Martinez - K-12

I'm surprised there isn't a topic for this yet, as Melanie Martinez announced her upcoming second studio album called "K-12" already last month. It's expected to be released on the 6th September, will contain 13 tracks and gets released alongside a 90 minutes film that Melanie directed.

Teaser:

Looking forward to this
    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Me too!
      last.fm

Comment

The trailer is epic and creepy
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Not a huge development soundwise from what you hear from the clip.

Anyway, a 90-minute movie... that’s SOMETHING!
          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

felony is still at it with the infantile visuals? smh
            late.

Comment

Who gave her the budget for this
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Tracklist

Comment

The tracklist looks like another doll/pre-school-ish concept album. Not liking it at all.

However, the movie looks damn promising! As a soundtrack it probably works.

Comment

I'm surprised we still have no lead single for this...

Comment

The snippets sound really underwhelming. I guess it works as a soundtrack-like body of work though.

I’m 10x more excited for the movie as I am for the album itself.

Comment

Looks like she’s still doing the same thing, but still curious about it all
                        last.fm

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                          I'm 10x more excited for the movie as I am for the album itself.
                          Same

Comment

Will this project even have a lead single? It seems like they just wanna drop the movie and album at the same time?
                            2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

I'm getting annoyed how quiet it is around her when this is coming in eight days...

Comment

I would have liked her to move on from the cry baby image but will still check this out.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

The snippets sound good, so I’m looking forward to this album. I doubt that it will be better than her debut album though.

Comment

I’m enjoyong this in the very early stage a of listening! Similar themes to last time but more of a ‘High School’ theme.

There’s a lot more production on this compared to the debut!

Some of the lyrics are a bit aggressive though which I’m not really sure about; she sounds angry af
                                    You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I‘m going to listen to this in a bit. I‘m actually a lot more excited to watch the film. The trailer looked epic.

Comment

Wow. What a huge disappointment. I expected a lot after the trailers and her amazing debut album but this is...boring. The songs are just there, the lyrics are repetitive and she uses "****" way too often to the point where it’s annoying and you wanna switch to the clean version of the album. Nothing stood out. "Nurse‘s Office" and "Drama Club" are probably the best songs on the album but even those aren’t amazing.

Still gonna watch the film though...

Comment

I really enjoy the album. It's not really a big evolution from her debut but it still works. Some songs have great melodies. But I agree about her saying f-k way too often and it also got annoying for me with time, plus she could have done much more in all these years.

Comment

Has anyone seen the film yet?

The album itself is rather uneventful. However, High School Sweethearts is a great effort. That one‘s really good.

Comment

Wow I love the film. Really freaky and creepy in some parts but damn those visuals are amazing. The album sounded better in the film too.

Comment

Comment

I’m positively surprised, this is much better than I had expected. I doubt that I will eventually like it more than her debut album, but so far I think all of the tracks on “K-12” are at least solid. “High School Sweethearts” is my personal favourite after the first listen.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X