No announcement yet.

Melanie Martinez - K-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

The film is pretty creative! She did well directing it and the songs make more sense to me now.

Lunchbox Friends is my favourite by now followed by Drama Club and Strawberry Shortcake.
      Last edited by Loose; Sun September 8th, 2019, 20:07.
      DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

The film has 10,979,238 views so far. It’s what she deserves!
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I started playing the album but it sounded too.much like her old sound and I don't think I wanted more of it. Will try to check out the film.
          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

For those interested in watching the film.
            Last edited by Mugen; Mon September 9th, 2019, 19:34.

Comment

She should have made a deal with Netflix with the movie being released there on Friday as well. That would have been epic!

Will watch it asap. It looks quite strong though from what I already saw.

Comment

The movie is a pretty amazing achievement.

Some good songs on the album: High School Sweetheart, Class Fight, Orange Juice; but a lot of the songs lack the quirky pop that made her debut special (there's nothing on here like Soap) which is disappointing
                You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Wheels on The Bus was already perfected.

1 Sigma|2 Jack Wins |3 The Killersl |4 Victoria|5 Destiny |

Comment

Comment

Comment

Strawberry Shortcake is the type of song only she could make.
                        Quite impressive how she managed such a huge budget for this.

Comment

The movie is great but the 5-6m budget has to be wrong. Where did all that money go, there are no sequences or many different locations that would need that? Even A listers don't have such a high budget and the initial sum is already huge. Variety usually is a good source but this would be really surprising.
                          MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

The album has grown a lot on me in the past few days - I love almost every track now. “The Principal” is a new highlight for me.

Comment

It’s grown on me too but there are some total duds (Show & Tell, Drama Club)
                              You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                The movie is great but the 5-6m budget has to be wrong. Where did all that money go, there are no sequences or many different locations that would need that? Even A listers don't have such a high budget and the initial sum is already huge. Variety usually is a good source but this would be really surprising.
                                Yeah Melanie claimed that was the budget for the film, but where did the money go? It looks like it cost money, but 4x the amount of Beyoncι's Lemonade film money? And why would Atlantic spend so much money they're not going to re-coup on Melanie Martinez?

Something's not adding up, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a figure that was put out there for good press and some twitter traction.
                                late.

Comment

[MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION] I also think this figure must be wrong but this still cost more money that I thought anyone would spend with her.

Comment

She also performed "Recess" and "High School Sweethearts".

Comment

Originally posted by SilentDream View Post
                                      I doubt that I will eventually like it more than her debut album
                                      Alright so I’m actually not so sure about this anymore. I think “Cry Baby” is more unique sonically, but “K-12” is much more cohesive and catchier imo (even though nearly all the songs are just mid-tempo). It might even end up as my favourite album of 2019.

I really hope we don’t have to wait another four years for her next album.

Comment

Lunchbox Friends is really good. I think it has commercial potential too. But the album is doing really well. Almost every song above 10 million on Spotify.

And I guess very little promotion so far too.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                          X