Kim Petras - Clarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Petras - Clarity

So the album is out Friday containing the nine(!) singles she's released over the past nine weeks.

Only 3 new tracks means it's more like a playlist.

Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (4th July 20) - Young Ejecta, Sault, Sunmi, Millie Turner, Clan Of Xymox, John Carpenter, Hacker T Dog, Hurts, Hayley Williams, Jessie Ware, Kitty, Arca, Nadine Shah, Haim, Ray Lamontagne, Daniel Avery, Snowgoose, Grey Daze, Fire Saga.....

Excited to hear this as a full body of work, everything so far has been strong.

I don't think this is Kim's debut album, she seems to be avoiding that word by referring to it as a project.

late.

Comment

An amazing album/project. I really slept on her, but she really has a good ear for great pop music. Decided to also check her out when she gives a concert in Amsterdam.

Comment

Sorry for the double post.
        But the more I listen to it, the more I adore it. Very strong pop effort. probably one of the better pop body of works in a while

Comment

It's a super great body of pop art. Super catchy.
          My rank would be:

1. Blow it All
          2. All I Do is Cry
          3. Icy
          4. Do Me
          5. Sweet Spot
          6. Another One
          7. Personal Hell
          8. Shinin'
          9. Broken
          10. Clarity
          11. Got My Number
          12. Meet the Parents

The first 7 should have been official singles with proper videos. So good.
          Last edited by DoesAnybody; Sat June 29th, 2019, 21:44.

Comment

I guess she did not want to officially add the songs of Era 1 to an album. Maybe she felt like they would not work as a cohesive collection.

Then, she had the Halloween EP and I understand she doesn’t want that to be her ‚official‘ first body of work as that pretty much represents an artist very much.

Probably the writing sessions and experiences for this project had some type of connection.

Perhaps we will find out in the future why she’s not calling it an ‚album‘.
            2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

This album is pretty basic. However, Icy is THAT tune!! I haven’t expected anything like this on that album! So so so good.
              YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

83 / 100 on Metacritic omg
                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is Carly Rae Jepsen in dance form. She is basically a Kween for the gays with this album! Zara Larson should take note

Obsessed with Icy!
                  You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

This is such a solid body of work. Icy is a banger, even if is more or less Starboy 2.0.
                    late.

Comment

Originally posted by westhammer View Post
                      This is Carly Rae Jepsen in dance form. She is basically a Kween for the gays with this album! Zara Larson should take note

Obsessed with Icy!
                      I don't get the comparison since I don't lile Carly

Comment

On further reflection this has poor replay value :(
                        You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

I actually still play this a lot

Comment

I met her today and saw her live. She is so sweet and cute, she called me Queen i didn't know how to react to that, but she said she loved my outfit so there's that, just asked her how she was and moved on . She gave a very fun and energetic show, the crowd was hyped as f. Great mix of her discography so far.

Comment

I was at the same show, so impressed with her live vocals and energy!
                              ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X