No announcement yet.

Beyoncé & VA - The Lion King: The Gift / Black Is King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people jump on cultural appropriation completely forgetting not everyone believes it’s a bad thing. Showing respect and reverence to any culture - even if you have no personal attachments - is never a bad thing in my opinion.
    Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I know we should not be caring about that but the racists are out on IMBD to give it one star, so the score is super low...would you guys go and rate it
      Last edited by KEY9481; Sat August 1st, 2020, 16:54.
      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The Roger Ebert website gave it 3.5/4. That was the only review I cared about.
        "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
            The shameless company tag on the video
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• What is dis honey

Comment

• The visual was nice to look at, stunning at moment. and I love the concept and most of the music. It's just things like her portraying herself as some kind of holy saint that I can't ever get ever. The whole 'Bow down' schtick...herself on portraits as if she's mother f*cking Mary or something.
                It
                "Lift up your head
                Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• 81 on Metacritic (pretty good for any film) and 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Comment

• Her being on potraits etc. has nothing to do with a 'bow down' attiitude or feeling a saint. It is about empowering, it is about how if you walk through a museum you usually see only white faces and if black people are potrayed they are on a landscape painting in the back as slaves. Throughout the last projects she has tried to make people think, flip the picture, but for some people it goes right over their head it seems, I mean I don't mean that in a mean way, but for example the whole Mood 4 Eva video is a fun parody of things, about the critism about their own wealth but also flip the script on the traditional rich white family mansion including white servants etc.

I mean an other example was when they won a Brit award and her and Jay has Meghan potrait framed behind them when Meghan faced loads of critism and blatant racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
                      Her being on potraits etc. has nothing to do with a 'bow down' attiitude or feeling a saint. It is about empowering, it is about how if you walk through a museum you usually see only white faces and if black people are potrayed they are on a landscape painting in the back as slaves. Throughout the last projects she has tried to make people think, flip the picture, but for some people it goes right over their head it seems, I mean I don't mean that in a mean way, but for example the whole Mood 4 Eva video is a fun parody of things, about the critism about their own wealth but also flip the script on the traditional rich white family mansion including white servants etc.

I mean an other example was when they won a Brit award and her and Jay has Meghan potrait framed behind them when Meghan faced loads of critism and blatant racism.
                      I couldn't finish my post because UKmix f*cked it over, as usual. My intention was to ask what it was about and such so thanks for explaining.
                      And now I hope this post actually get's delivered without 100000 errors.
                      "Lift up your head
                      Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Opulence!
                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Wow she looks so different I mean, beyond the weight thing...her whole styling is different.
                            "Lift up your head
                            Lift up your heart..."

Comment

• Adele is the second biggest Beyoncé stan in the world so it makes sense.

Comment

• B and Adele need to collab ASAP.
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Btw, I'm guessing the Meghan Markle rumour was just a rumour? I've seen it twice and couldn't spot her.
                                  Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Comment

• https://youtu.be/xZSQ_bDMl1w

BTS from the Already video

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Comment

• My Power deservedly getting the attention it deserves. It seems to be the most viral video from the film.

That's what a high budget video with choreography does though. I wish the rest of the album had that.
                                            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Comment

• Tina truly is one of us https://www.instagram.com/p/CDZHm4JD...d=ahf17vtp55dh
                                                She deserves to be the Head of Marketing and PR at Parkwood.
                                                Last edited by KEY9481; Sun August 2nd, 2020, 17:25.

Comment

• Omg Ms. Tina ​​​

Comment

• Oh my God that caption!

I felt it was so genius but was totally underrated!! When it came out I felt like there was hardly any marketing or promotion done

Yes mam, you better tell your daughter! She's really one of us.

Comment

• Drag them Tina.

Where's the physical pre-order :(
                                                      Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Tina truly is one of us https://www.instagram.com/p/CDZHm4JD...d=ahf17vtp55dh
                                                        She deserves to be the Head of Marketing and PR at Parkwood.
                                                        YES! The fact that many people didn’t know about this album...a BEYONCÉ album! It probably didn’t help either that "Spirit" was included on the album and the TLK soundtrack. Many people probably associated it with the soundtrack.
                                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• YAAAS Ms. Tina, now push for a CD/DVD and a Vinyl version, that cover art deserves to have a gold vinyl pressing

Comment

• Great taste from Tina. Keys to the kingdom was pretty much a filler prior the film but now it´s easily in my top 3 of the album
                                                            Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• This album is a slow burner. It’s #3 on iTunes WW and #4 on Global AM. Looks like people are taking their own time to get into the film and then the album

Comment

Working...
                                                              X