No announcement yet.

FKA twigs - Magdalene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This album is beautiful! Gives me low-key Björk vibes, but more interesting (at least compared to Björk's latest music).

I think this is already my favorite release of FKA twigs based on the first spin alone actually.

Comment

I've given it a spin, it's pretty good

Comment

It’s nice.
        It’s artsy.
        Mary Magdalene is my favourite after holy terrain.

Not particularly in love with the second half of the album. I think the album loses spark as it goes along.
        DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

^I agree. It's not as sonically pleasing as LP1 to me at the end.

Maybe it'll grow on me more but nothing is super replayable but the singles.
          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
            ^I agree. It's not as sonically pleasing as LP1 to me at the end.

Hmm I find this album better than her first one.

Comment

One of her (very early) career highlights for me was Papi Pacify.
              She manifested that profound sensuality in LP 1 later on.

MAGDALENE seems more ‘puritanical’ to me. Some songs still have to grow on me.

Comment

Album of the year for me, w no doubt
                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                  Hmm I find this album better than her first one.
                  Don’t listen to me sis I’m already regretting this post. Growing on me already smh

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

She might have named this album MASTERPIECE. Magdalene is fine too.
                    I have received many gifts from God,
                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It’s a good concept record. However, I think some tracks could have been even stronger.

Daybed for example never really kicks off. Cellophane as the closing track is a wasted opportunity too in my opinion.

I applaud her for trying pure pop on sad day though. That’s a good one for sure.

Comment

Gave this a listen after AJay's review, this is good. A breath of fresh air amidst a stale pop soundscape.
                        I don't agree that this is "What Bjork should have done" at all though. Bjork's latest 2 albums are brilliant pieces of pure art in my eyes and ears and this does not even come close to anything Bjork has ever done.
                        We don't need to compare anyone to anyone, I hear an artist with a vision and fresh ideas and I'm curious to hear where she'll go in the future.
                        "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
                        https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
                        "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                          Gave this a listen after AJay's review, this is good. A breath of fresh air amidst a stale pop soundscape.
                          I don't agree that this is "What Bjork should have done" at all though. Bjork's latest 2 albums are brilliant pieces of pure art in my eyes and ears and this does not even come close to anything Bjork has ever done.
                          We don't need to compare anyone to anyone, I hear an artist with a vision and fresh ideas and I'm curious to hear where she'll go in the future.
                          Yes, I second every word!

Comment

Album survivor anyone? I don’t have time to host but I‘d take part in it.

Comment

I think Mary Magdalene may be my fav.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I'll correct my previous statement about the album being "pretty good": it's actually pretty ******* stunning.
                                The productions are truly top notch, her voice is amazing, the lyrics and the stories in the song are really evocative and poetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                  MAGDALENE seems more ‘puritanical’ to me. Some songs still have to grow on me.
                                  I think this idea is due to twigs being in a different place when she made Magdalene compared to LP1 one.

Magdelene is in no way a puritanical record (holy terrain and daybed attest to that), but it's been made by twigs following a difficult surgery and brutal heartbreak, as opposed to when she was in her early 20s and exploring her sexuality during her earlier music.

Originally posted by ArmyOfMe View Post
                                  I'll correct my previous statement about the album being "pretty good": it's actually pretty ******* stunning.
                                  The productions are truly top notch, her voice is amazing, the lyrics and the stories in the song are really evocative and poetic.
                                  Stan! I've always adored twigs, and this record has only increased that adoration tbh.

She's kept the immaculately detailed and experimental production, but went further by bearing her soul in the songwriting process, and it really shows. This album cuts deep. Lines such as "never seen a hero like me in a sci-fi" pack so much meaning into something personal and poetic, it's wondrous to listen to.

I feel like twigs is so much less guarded on Magdalene compared to previous eras. It shows through not only her music, but through her social media interviews and in her interviews as well. This candidness and honesty is so refreshing.
                                  late.

Comment

this album is perfect
                                    Forever Young

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

twigs performances on Later with Jools Holland are breathtaking. She really is dedicated to her many crafts.

Sampha on the keys during Cellophane. The wushu performance during Mary Magdalene. This is higher level art.
                                        late.

Comment

I'm seeing her in Milan and I already feel like she chopped my head off with that performance.

Comment

Wish I saw her when she hit ATL

Mirrored Heart may be one of the most beautiful saddest songs ever. My ches'.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I've been trying for a couple weeks to get a ticket for her show tonight but didn't get to.

Shame that it took me so long to check this out. Simply stunning.
                                              Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Seeing this live tonight and I honestly can’t wait to ascend.
                                                ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

Getting this as a present on Christmas Feels like the good old days, when you got music cds as a present.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
                                                    Getting this as a present on Christmas Feels like the good old days, when you got music cds as a present.
                                                    Yas! I got signed vinyl, but I think I'm going to get a CD too.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X