• Show
Clear All

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    Her best & most memorable song.

Made #20 in my year-end chart of most played songs in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Albums of 2020: Staff Picks

18. Halsey, Manic

Halsey has always been an open book, but she takes that transparency to a new level on the uber-personal Manic, inviting listeners to be a fly on the wall in her alt-pop therapy session. But beyond the candid lyrics about owning her bisexuality and enduring toxic relationships, Halsey takes thrilling sonic leaps on the project -- from the country-inspired twang of "You Should Be Sad" to the syncopated handclaps of "Graveyard" -- proving she can have the best of both worlds by pairing painfully earnest, yearning sentiments with radio-ready beats. -- KATIE ATKINSON

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ms-2020-top-50

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Songs of 2020

#31 Halsey, '3am'

Halsey sings about making it through one of those nights: The kind where you spill out of the bar too long after midnight, leaving behind your credit card and your self-esteem. So you scroll through your phone looking for the next number to drunk-dial. For Halsey in “3am,” that’s the closest she’s getting to love tonight. As she confesses: “I need it digital / Because baby, when it’s physical / I end up alone.” But she keeps hanging on the line. R.S.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...y-3am-1097599/

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The 50 Best Albums of 2020

#25 Halsey, 'Manic'

Halsey has no inhibitions when it comes to getting raw emotionally — and Manic is her most fearless move yet. She chases her darkest anxieties all over the spectrum, from hip-hop to rock to country, in hits like “Without You” and “Graveyard” — the kind of album where you can find Alanis Morissette, Suga from BTS, Jennifer’s Body samples or a voicemail pep talk from John Mayer. Halsey has the too-much too-young celebrity blues: as she sings, “I remember the names of every single kid I’ve met/But I forget half the people I’ve gotten in bed.” Yet she wrestles with her issues in her own unmistakably real voice. —R.S.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...album-1097059/

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    She has released a music video for "929":

One of my favouries from the album.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    She has released a music video for "929":

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Yes! Can't wait to have a listen!

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The deluxe edition featuring two new tracks, "Be Kind", two remixes, two acoustic versions and four stripped versions is out now!

"wipe your tears"

"I'm Not Mad"

Also happy birthday Halsey.
    Last edited by JeremySpears; Tue September 29, 2020, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• oasisbobo
    replied
    Manic is one of my favourite albums of the year!

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    The survivor for "Manic" has started - please join if you enjoyed the album

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    3am is my most played song of 2020 so far. I am loving the bad ass energy of it.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Yikes! I hate that make up!
    Last edited by dylonj; Fri January 24, 2020, 21:44.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• westhammer
    replied
    I like this, it’s cohesive, Still Learning is my favourite. My problem with the album is that a lot of the songs are so short that it’s very difficult to appreciate them individually and for me it’s a major issue

Leave a comment:

• Mugen
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Maybe she did sumn
    She deleted the tweet since someone on her team told her that Pitchfork's offices are located in the One World Trade Center building in NYC.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Ugh, the second part of "Forever ... (is a long time)" is just so beautiful. One of the best moments on "Manic" for me

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Maybe she did sumn

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Fingers crossed she gets at least A nomination for a Grammy.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    83 on Metacritic based on 12 reviews

"hopeless fountain kingdom" has a score of 66 based on 10 reviews while "Badlands" isn't on Metacritic. So glad how critically acclaim this is. The previous album already deserved the same, but better late than never!

Leave a comment:

• dylonj
    replied
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    I hate to admit it but this album is really good, definitely her best. I think Nightmare could’ve been put in just after 3am
    Right, I don’t see why Nightmare was excluded.

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    3am is even better!

sadly the album as a whole falls flat for me. I bet she had a concept for it. However, I don’t get it.

so far it’s a mediocre album with 2 outstanding songs for me.

Leave a comment:

• Tansike
    replied
    Got my physical copy and wow, what a disappointment! I expected a nice booklet with some great pictures, but there's not even a booklet. Only a sheet with some lines written on it and the thank you notes. That's it. Ugh...

Leave a comment:

• Loose
    replied
    I really like You Should Be Sad. It’s quite compelling.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X