Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R Plus - The Last Summer

>//𝙱𝙴𝙶𝙸𝙽_𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽:
    The Last Summer is the debut album from R Plus, released 11th October via BMG.

Pre-order now at https://RPlus.lnk.to/LastSummerFA.

The Last Summer is a musical memory for anyone looking back at a life-changing summer of heat, haze, friendship, love, madness, and euphoria. It's the first in a new series from Rollo featuring Dido along with Sister Bliss (Faithless), and will feature singles THOSE WERE THE DAYS, SUMMER DRESS, and MY BOY - which are all available to stream and download now.

Pine forests, clouds like islands, Spanish boys on mopeds, vodka shots & charcoal fires... pickpockets and Burger King, empty beaches, skinny dipping, short dresses... every day like the rest but no day like the last.
    >//𝙴𝙽𝙳_𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙼𝙸𝚂𝚂𝙸𝙾𝙽
    Released songs:

When we lose what we love
    Don't think anything will ever taste the same
    Don't think anything will ever feel as good again

Strange they didn't provide the link to physical version.... looking forward to hear it in full. 2 songs I've heard from this project sound really great
    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Sister Bliss on it, too!

An actual proper press release! So it's effectively Rollo featuring Dido for album one. Then who knows who's on album two? Sister Bliss guesting.

Rough Trade link for physical editions is still up - complete with anonymous no-identities revealed write-up.
      https://www.roughtrade.com/gb/r-ed84...he-last-summer
      Last edited by Blondini; Fri September 27th, 2019, 14:32.
      Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th Jan 20) Electric Soft Parade, SDH, Angela Perley, Tallsaint, Karin Park, Janet Devlin, Darkness, Sundfor, Panther, Hailee

Comment

Sister Bliss is included on this one and she was the first to play snippets on her sets + Dido is literally saying my brother, me and Sister Bliss have made an album.

Comment

When I click the pre-order link it only give me Spotify and Google Play links
          I have received many gifts from God,
          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Tracklist:

1. Landing
            2. Together - By R Plus & Dido
            3. My Boy - By R Plus & Dido
            4. Clouds Like Islands
            5. Summer Dress - By R Plus & Dido
            6. Diving
            7. Ozzie Girl
            8. ...On Back of a Scooter (Fast)
            9. Those Were the Days - By R Plus & Dido
            10. Cards - By R Plus & Dido
            11. Teacher's Poem
            12. Look Up! - By R Plus & Dido
            So basically Dido features only on a few tracks there.
            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

^Yes, 6 of them. Other tracks are instrumentals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngel View Post
                ^Yes, 6 of them. Other tracks are instrumentals.
                Oh, that's quite disappointing, so only one new track...

Comment

Originally posted by Westen View Post
                  Oh, that's quite disappointing, so only one new track...
                  Kind of. On a bright side the ones we heard are revamped.

Comment

Sister Bliss is included on this one and she was the first to play snippets on her sets + Dido is literally saying my brother, me and Sister Bliss have made an album.
                    I was trying to make sense of the press release, not her statement. So - from the tracklist details - it IS basically a Rollo album then. That's cleared that up. Wrong info from Classic Pop magazine - they explicitly said R + / R Plus is Rollo and Dido (didn't even mention Sister Bliss).

EDIT: i should have just looked on iTunes! "R Plus and Dido" is the credit on some tracks (though not on the artwork of the singles).
                    Last edited by Blondini; Fri September 27th, 2019, 22:48.
                    Tony's Charts ft Hits / Albums (11th Jan 20) Electric Soft Parade, SDH, Angela Perley, Tallsaint, Karin Park, Janet Devlin, Darkness, Sundfor, Panther, Hailee

Comment

Ok, I can't stop playing My Boy. It's oficially my favorite from the bunch

Comment

BTW, this project reminded me how much I love thier dance collabs. Dido is singing backing vocals on this (she's singing the title line actually) and it's her first recorded track

Comment

^thanks, didn't know that
                          KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Offical video for my ultimate favorite from this project is out <3 Album drops tomorrow

Comment

I -love- 'My Boy'. It feels like the production on Dido's voice is very No Angel-esque. I love it; it's both nostalgic, backward looking and fresh and forward embracing. <3
                              Try to think of a world, where you could stay and these safe hands could go.
                              Take your heart above the water, where-ever I choose to go.

Comment

Vinyl available as well
                                https://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Summer...a60b798451432c

Comment

I really really love this album, it's much better than Dido's solo album.
                                  KUBA'S CHART

Comment

sadly, no sign of this inside top 100 album this week in UK. Shame, because I really wanted this project to have some legs.

I just adore My Boy, this is what Dido should release over and over again!
                                    KUBA'S CHART

Comment

I declare that My Boy is one of her best songs ever!

Comment

Brilliant Meduza remix of My Boy!

Comment

Brilliant Meduza remix of My Boy!

do you know anything about the writers of the songs? I canít find any information about them!

Comment

Originally posted by asdrawdy1 View Post
                                            do you know anything about the writers of the songs? I can’t find any information about them!
                                            Frank Bascombe, Shannon Pierce, Shimai Shifuku according to Deezer credits.

Comment

Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                              Frank Bascombe, Shannon Pierce, Shimai Shifuku according to Deezer credits.
                                              very surprising they did an album where they werenít involved in the writing at all. I find it hard to believe that Dido only contributed vocals to the album.

Comment

very surprising they did an album where they weren’t involved in the writing at all. I find it hard to believe that Dido only contributed vocals to the album.
                                                According to discogs the credits on the LP edition read as following:

Artwork – David Kitson
                                                Composed By – Frank Bascombe, Shannon Pierce, Shimai Shifuku
                                                Engineer [Recording Engineer] – David P*
                                                Mastered By – Eric*
                                                Music By [All], Keyboards, Synth, Bass – SB*
                                                Producer, Mixed By, Programmed By – R*
                                                Speech [Spoken Word] – DG*
                                                Vocals [All] – D*

So it does indeed seem Rollo only produced and Dido did the vocals.

Comment

very surprising they did an album where they weren’t involved in the writing at all. I find it hard to believe that Dido only contributed vocals to the album.
                                                  On his last project that involved her (Dusted - Safe from Harm) out of 3 songs she's featured on, she's credited as a songwriter only on one, but he's credited on all of them. It's a strange situation indeed. Those writers only have R Plus under their names, so he either wanted to support young talents or they used pseudonyms

Comment

Working...
                                                  X