Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WakeUpMusic View Post

You made all this effort to comment this to say back to the music and literally say nothing about the music...
    also, it is about confinement which literally means staying home
    So what do you think about the album?
    "Lift up your head
    Lift up your heart..."

https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeve...orest-of-glass

Comment

• Back to topic, please.
      trebor's - 2016 in Country Music
      trebor's - 2015 in Country Music

Comment

• it's a bit early to say but this may become one of the albums that could become one of my all time fav. albums.
        I am literally obsessed with the album. It's so carefree and fun, I truly get an uplifiting feeling listening to it.
        Basically every song is an earworm

Comment

• Ok, after a couple listenings, here's my unpopular opinion:

It's not the perfection of an album all these critics are trying to sell. 97 out of 100 it's way too over the top, lol. The album, as the majority of the albums, has its flows and ups and downs. It's not a gem of an album in which you don't skip a song. There's some quite bland songs to me like: Levitating, Hallucinate (this one is starting to grow on me a bit though it sounds so Gagaish), Good in Bed or Future Nostalgia. The rest are pretty decent or great songs, but I personally think that some of the left out tracks are better, like Ball and Chain, Love is Religion or Jealousy. They fit better on the album than the others I mentioned. Still, a fresh album with great production.

Aside the singles, my favorites are Cool, Pretty Please and Break my Heart (which is a single now anyway).
          Last edited by DoesAnybody; Sat March 28th, 2020, 19:54.

Comment

• I actually don't mind the unreleased not being included, I love the album the way it is
            And she is still planning a re-release for all we know, so some of those songs still technically could make the cut

Comment

• Shame the Normani track didn’t make the final cut, I really liked it when it leaked.

Comment

• OMG there is is so many layers and details

A moment most pleasing to me...
                COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• Her productions are always so sophisticated and rich... you can tell there has been put a lot of work in creating and optimizing them
                  COMMON LOVE ISN'T FOR US...

Comment

• This album is amazing! After Don't Stop Now and Physical I had high expectations, but she has delivered. I love all tracks expect Good In Bed - that chorus and lyrics are pretty basic. Hallucinate is epic!

Comment

• Good in Bed has already grown on me.
                      I love the nonchalant delivery in the hooks.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The first 10 tracks of the album are perfect.

Good in Bed seems polarizing, but I love it. I appreciate how it isn't as polished as the first nine tracks; it's fun, and she didn't take it too seriously. I wish it ended there.

Boys will be Boys is such a disappointment. It is bland, tacky, and a lackluster finish to an incredible masterpiece. This will be my only skip.

It'll be interesting to see which singles her team will decide, since there are so many equally great options!
                        Colour the Small One
                        Sia

Comment

• Originally posted by Lowmax View Post
                          Good in Bed seems polarizing, but I love it. I appreciate how it isn't as polished as the first nine tracks; it's fun, and she didn't take it too seriously. I wish it ended there.

Boys will be Boys is such a disappointment. It is bland, tacky, and a lackluster finish to an incredible masterpiece. This will be my only skip.
                          Is it opposite day?
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Have we talked about the album covers similarities to Madonna and Steven Meisels 1995 shoot? I love the cover by the way. Might make me like the album even more.

Comment

• I don't get all the Boy Will Be Boys trashing. I love it, from the choir and the lyrical content and its playful delivery, it's actually one of my faves. That moment of seriousnes was definitely needed for a standout pop album. GIB is my least favourite but it's still quite a good album track
                              aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                                I don't get all the Boy Will Be Boys trashing. I love it, from the choir and the lyrical content and its playful delivery, it's actually one of my faves. That moment of seriousnes was definitely needed for a standout pop album. GIB is my least favourite.
                                Agree with all of this. It’s my second favorite song on the album.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• The album is superb, it is like Dua became Kylie Minogue 2.0 overnight and gave a Fever/Aphrodite level of album.

Comment

• The first 9 tracks are excellent. Cool is my favorite from the non-singles on first listen, and I hope it's the fourth single.

Good In Bed sticks out like a sore thumb, I don't know why she included it when it's so different (and inferior) compared to the rest of the album. Boys Will Be Boys is a bit cheesy but I enjoy the production and the choir enough to deem it acceptable, but Good In Bed sounds dated and childish.
                                    Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I don't get all the Boy Will Be Boys trashing. I love it, from the choir and the lyrical content and its playful delivery, it's actually one of my faves. That moment of seriousnes was definitely needed for a standout pop album. GIB is my least favourite but it's still quite a good album track
                                      I think it’s super tacky. The lyrics are horrible especially that « this was sarcasm in case you needed it mansplained » line.

Why is no one talking about the real weakest song on the album? The album opener! To me, that is the weakest song on FN. It sounds so dated, it doesn’t add anything and still sounds like a demo. The album title deserved a better and more futuristic sounding song. Instead we got this weird song with that horrible middle section

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

I think it’s super tacky. The lyrics are horrible especially that « this was sarcasm in case you needed it mansplained » line.

Why is no one talking about the real weakest song on the album? The album opener! To me, that is the weakest song on FN. It sounds so dated, it doesn’t add anything and still sounds like a demo. The album title deserved a better and more futuristic sounding song. Instead we got this weird song with that horrible middle section
                                        Cant relate. Its one of my faves.

Comment

I don't get all the Boy Will Be Boys trashing. I love it, from the choir and the lyrical content and its playful delivery, it's actually one of my faves. That moment of seriousnes was definitely needed for a standout pop album.

+1
                                          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Imo it is a clever line and nothing tacky about it That's exactly what mansplaining is about an unnecessary explanation of things by men who like to hear themselves talk and think they are somewhat smarter than everyone else. The song finds a way to teach people who are not familiar with feminst topics.

"I'm sure if there's something that I can't find the words to say
                                            I know that there will be a man around to save the day

And that was sarcasm, in case you needed it mansplained
                                            I should've stuck to ballet (Ah)"

What is horrible about that? a verse with a full frontal slap in the face, just to end it with a typical sexist discrediting.

It tackles many issues women still have and that in a fun way. From being scared to walk kome, being told to keep their mouths shut to trashing the stupid "boys will be boys" saying in the chorus- an excuse for certain behavior, even used for adult men.

If you're offended by this song.
                                            You're clearly doing something wrong
                                            If you're offended by this song
                                            Then you're probably saying
                                            Boys will be, boys will be
                                            Boys will be, boys will be boys
                                            But girls will be women

Ending it on a high with criticising media's way of protraying women.

When will we stop saying things?
                                            'Cause they're all listening
                                            No, the kids ain't alright
                                            Oh, and they do what they see
                                            'Cause it's all on TV
                                            Oh, the kids ain't alright

The use of the choir is also smart and an important message: it portraits a different feeling of not being alone and others standing behind you, knowing that there is still something going wrong and they are ready to adress and change it.
                                            It's bold and it's clever lyricism to adress different topics of feminism in a light upbeat pop song
                                            I'll stick with this being one of the standout tracks and being a big part of why this is a standout pop album others wish to have.
                                            aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Why is no one talking about the real weakest song on the album? The album opener!
                                              Because clearly, it's not!

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

The use of the choir is also smart and an important message: it portraits a different feeling of not being alone and others standing behind you, knowing that there is still something going wrong and they are ready to adress and change it.
                                                It's bold and it's clever lyricism to adress different topics of feminism in a light upbeat pop song
                                                I'll stick with this being one of the standout tracks and being a big part of why this is a standout pop album others wish to have.
                                                This 100% - I agree with your entire argument just didnt want to quote everything otherwise it would be too long
                                                Welcome to the underworld
                                                Where the love's at first sight
                                                The kind that we like
                                                Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

• Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post

Because clearly, it's not!
                                                  Yeah it seems like everyone is enjoying that one and to me it does nothing

Comment

I don't get all the Boy Will Be Boys trashing. I love it, from the choir and the lyrical content and its playful delivery, it's actually one of my faves. That moment of seriousnes was definitely needed for a standout pop album. GIB is my least favourite but it's still quite a good album track
                                                    Agreed. It's a stunning song with a very important message that still needs to be heard. The best song after Physical for me.
                                                    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Working...
                                                    X