Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • yeees Looking forward to Friday and wednesday then. I think it's smart to move it forward. She can't do promo anyway atm and now that it leaked it's better for her to do it this way. It will be about longevity for her anyway. It's sad though that streaming decreased because of the virus.
    MY INSTAGRAM


    Free Amazon Vouchers

    Comment


    • Can’t wait for Friday now! I was pleasantly surprised she had moved the date

      I listened to Break My Heart on YouTube and I had to turn it off after a minute. So far that and Future Nostalgia have done very little for me but the other two singles have been amazing. Let’s see...

      Comment


      • I guess Pearl Jam will top the US chart, and I’m honestly afraid for #1 spot in the UK...

        Comment


        • So sad that Dua is here clearly upset on her Instagram LIVE because of the album leaking over the weekend as she wanted to follow things through carefully, now she has to rush release it, but here we are on this forum with people already listening to the leaked album, how disrespectful to the artist! Sorry Dua, some people aren’t real stans for respecting you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by aRat View Post
            Cool is taking me to places
            Let me guess... places you never banged before.
            DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SimpleBoy View Post
              So sad that Dua is here clearly upset on her Instagram LIVE because of the album leaking over the weekend as she wanted to follow things through carefully, now she has to rush release it, but here we are on this forum with people already listening to the leaked album, how disrespectful to the artist! Sorry Dua, some people aren’t real stans for respecting you.
              Gurl! a bit too much! I am by no means a Dua stan.. she has some nice bops but that is it. However, because I have enjoyed the album I have actually pre-ordered it and she will still have my streams when it is officially released.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SimpleBoy View Post
                So sad that Dua is here clearly upset on her Instagram LIVE because of the album leaking over the weekend as she wanted to follow things through carefully, now she has to rush release it, but here we are on this forum with people already listening to the leaked album, how disrespectful to the artist! Sorry Dua, some people aren’t real stans for respecting you.
                What difference does it make if people are going to buy/stream it anyway?

                Comment


                • Well, I believe they will put it out in Target, Best Buy and similar. Those are not closed here. Digital downloads will be available anyways... I wish her the best. It’s a great album not to have in your collection. I have the leaked version but I pre-ordered mine.

                  Comment


                  • Yall I hope I don't jinx it but COOL could be an even bigger smash than DSN and actually go #1. The song ist very GP friendly & catchy as hell while still being distinct and standing out.

                    I wouldn't be suprised if it organically takes off during album release.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jason2379 View Post

                      What difference does it make if people are going to buy/stream it anyway?
                      Like...

                      I mean I have ordered 2 copies some months ago and will stream the album all the time anyway.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                        Like...

                        I mean I have ordered 2 copies some months ago and will stream the album all the time anyway.
                        I wanted to order the deluxe signed from her site, but girl wants for shipping as much as for the boxset.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                        .

                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by aRat View Post
                          Yall I hope I don't jinx it but COOL could be an even bigger smash than DSN and actually go #1. The song ist very GP friendly & catchy as hell while still being distinct and standing out.

                          I wouldn't be suprised if it organically takes off during album release.
                          Honestly I could see every song being at least TOP 10. No weak link here, pop smashes all around. Cool is maybe the most immediate one, but strings on Love Again are doing it more and more for me the more I hear it.
                          I have received many gifts from God,
                          but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                          .

                          Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                          Comment


                          • Personally I think that the verses of Future Nostalgia (the song) aren‘t that strong.

                            But that’s the only thing I could fault so far.

                            Boys Will Be Boysdoesn’t seem to be a fan favourite either. I don’t hear people talking about it at all.
                            DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by beredy View Post

                              Honestly I could see every song being at least TOP 10. No weak link here, pop smashes all around. Cool is maybe the most immediate one, but strings on Love Again are doing it more and more for me the more I hear it.
                              Nah sis the title track and Boys Will Be Boys would flop

                              However I don't really get their choice of releasing BMH as third single. I would have thought of many other choices ( Cool, Hallucinate, Love Again, Good In Bed) as better options.

                              Comment


                              • Love Again just has to be a single at some point. I think that it sounds like such a smash. Brilliant album from Dua. Also those 7 other tracks that also leaked are pure fire too!
                                Remember us in AmenJena...

                                ...If we could just go back to the start

                                Comment


                                • I lost count how many copies I pre-ordered lol

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                                    Nah sis the title track and Boys Will Be Boys would flop

                                    However I don't really get their choice of releasing BMH as third single. I would have thought of many other choices ( Cool, Hallucinate, Love Again, Good In Bed) as better options.
                                    I haven't heard the other songs but I've heard Break My Heart and omg that one is the best out of DSN and Physical for me.

                                    And reading others saying other songs could have been better choices as a 3rd single I can't imagine how amazing this album it is!!!!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                      Personally I think that the verses of Future Nostalgia (the song) aren‘t that strong.

                                      But that’s the only thing I could fault so far.

                                      Boys Will Be Boysdoesn’t seem to be a fan favourite either. I don’t hear people talking about it at all.
                                      Omg I actually love FN's verses and think the chorus is a bit weak
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                      Comment


                                      • FN (the song) is amazing start to finish. Y'all just whack.
                                        I have received many gifts from God,
                                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess
                                        .

                                        Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                          FN (the song) is amazing start to finish. Y'all just whack.
                                          It’s cheap-sounding in some parts. So I obviously do not agree.

                                          However, it’s a pleasant opener.
                                          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

                                          Comment


                                          • First review:

                                            Dua Lipa – ‘Future Nostalgia’ review: powerful pop perfection from a star unafraid to speak her mind (5/5 Stars)
                                            https://www.nme.com/reviews/dua-lipa...ew-2633945?amp
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                              First review:

                                              Dua Lipa – ‘Future Nostalgia’ review: powerful pop perfection from a star unafraid to speak her mind (5/5 Stars)
                                              https://www.nme.com/reviews/dua-lipa...ew-2633945?amp
                                              Oh wow could have been written by me

                                              Comment


                                              • Here is my brief review:

                                                1. “Future Nostalgia” - Gives me Prince meets MJ vibes - 8/10
                                                2. ”Don’t Start Now” - Massive pop record that deserves all this global success - 9.5/10
                                                3. “Cool” - Gwen Stefani influence is clear. Nothing to do with GS’s “Cool”, but style overall - 9/10
                                                4. “Physical” - It should’ve been bigger, but it’s still great. 9/10
                                                5. “Levitiating” - My personal favorite, and it should be a summer single. 10/10
                                                6. “Pretty Please” - Cute pop song, chill vibe, but I wouldn’t choose it as a single at this point. 7/10
                                                7. “Hallucinating” - My second favorite on the album. 10/10
                                                8. “Love Again” - this one also deserves a single treatment. 9.5/10
                                                9. “Break My Heart” - I got used to this song, but the final version does sound better. Very catchy and it will be a hit for sure. 9/10
                                                10. “Good In Bed” - Cute, but nowhere near the majority of the album tracks. 7.5/10
                                                11. “Boys Will Be Boys” - Weakest song on the album. It doesn’t go anywhere. 6.5/10

                                                Overall: 8.7/10 (A-)

                                                Way better than her debut.

                                                Comment


                                                • 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

                                                  Comment


                                                  • More reviews:

                                                    Dua Lipa: Future Nostalgia review – A game-changer for pop (5/5 Stars)
                                                    https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...11824?mode=amp

                                                    Review: Dua Lipa’s Future Nostalgia Is a Euphoric Escape Hatch to Pop’s Past (4/5 Stars)
                                                    https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/...mpression=true

                                                    Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia is the decade's first great pop album
                                                    https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/cultur...mpression=true
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X