No announcement yet.

Tinashe - Songs For You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah I'm echoing everyone in here who can't stop playing this. Definitely one of the big music highlights of 2019 for me as well.

Seeing Tinashe write and record Life's Too Short (and have so much fun while doing it) really showcases what a talent she is. I really wish more artists would give us such a candid look into the creation of a record. She's giving us the best music, visuals (photo + video) and behind the scenes content all while remaining independent. RCA and her old management could never.
    late.

Comment

• Looks like she just gets high and drunk when she’s recording lol
      LJC--->>

Comment

• It seems to work...
        thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
          Literally have played anything else since it dropped. Wow bitch.
          Planned to do the same but then Boom Streets by Doja Cat gave me vibes too
          YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• She needs to promo this some how.

ARIANA gave her a shout out
            Forever Young

Comment

• [MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION] What about a poll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                [MENTION=11491]urbanmusik[/MENTION] What about a poll?
                I found it way too difficult to even contemplate my favourite track on Songs for You, so went with a different type of poll for the meantime.

So yeah, I guess y'all can vote for your favourite feature on Songs for You.
                late.

Comment

• Isn’t it possible anymore to vote for 5?

Ms Banks clearly stands out although Save Room For Us ranks above Die A Little Bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                    Isn’t it possible anymore to vote for 5?

Ms Banks clearly stands out although Save Room For Us ranks above Die A Little Bit.
                    Is there a fifth feature on the album I'm forgetting about?

I'm torn between Ms Banks and 6LACK right now. Save Room for Us is incredible, but I don't think MAKJ is as strong as feature as the aforementioned artists.
                    late.

Comment

• I mean the possibility to choose 5 favourite songs. That was possible in other threads.

Comment

• Yeah I can do some kind of multiple choice poll for the next poll in this thread.

The PAPER magazine profile on Tinashe is my favourite of her new interviews. It's worth reading while streaming the album.

Originally posted by Tinashe via Paper magazine
                        I feel like I have that self confidence even as an artist overall more than ever before. I'm not validated by numbers or chart position or sales. Those things are all amazing and great and I hope for them and wish for them because they're markers of success, but if you f**k with me, great. If you don't, God bless."

She pauses for a second and chuckles. "I mean, we can't all have taste."
                        This energy yesssssssss
                        late.

Comment

• oh wow this is amazing

I was in bed and about to fall asleep when I clicked play, but by Hopscotch I was back alive.

Comment

• 6LACK definitely has the best featured verse for me. Is it weird that I really enjoy 6LACK, G-Eazy & Ty Dolla as featured artists but never really got into their own music overall?

Comment

• I'm intrigued to check this out.
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Tinashe playing Crash Bandicoot for 50 seconds, but give it a music video aesthetic. Reminds me of when Ciara gave us music video snippets to promote her album, and as long as it promotes the album I'm down for it.

As for my favourite feature on the album, it has to be Ms Banks. It was such an unexpected collaboration, and she rides the beat so well while adding this extra flavour to Die a Little Bit.
                                  late.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                    Very cheap-looking visual. In this case, the song can live without one.

Comment

• ^Hope you're not expecting Hype Williams quality from an indie artist sis.

It's super cute for promo.
                                      Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

• Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                        ^Hope you're not expecting Hype Williams quality from an indie artist sis.
                                        Iggy's visuals these days are K-Pop level tbh, and she's indie. I think she has money money.

As for T, she's shooting an MV for every track so it's understandable that she had to split the budgets.

Comment

• Listening to this, might not give a second spin tbh. There are some bops though.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Did You Notice is her most emotional moment since Bated Breath. I stan.
                                            Floped and localed

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravity View Post
                                                Did You Notice is her most emotional moment since Bated Breath. I stan.
                                                There’s something about this song that really strikes a deep chord with me.
                                                ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

• If I had the money, I'd buy 100k copies of this album. It deserves so much more love than it's getting!
                                                  Akini's Top 400 Songs of the Decade: [135-131]

Comment

• I went to a geh party last night in atl and the DJ play Hopscotch and Link Up. I got my life
                                                    Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Working...
                                                    X