Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doja Cat - Hot Pink

Doja Cat reveals her new album is dropping in November

The singer's remix of "Juicy" with Tyga dropped in August, and yesterday (1 October) she announced on Instagram that a new single is dropping tomorrow (3 October).

Doja Cat has updated her Instagram again today with a clip revealing her follow up to Amala will be arriving next month. She playfully sings, "What's up y'all. My album is coming in November."

- thelineofbestfit.com
    Last edited by Loose; Sun October 13, 2019, 13:49.
    YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

As stated in an article from THE FADER (read it here), the album will be released under the title Hot Pink.

Genius.com has already listed songs and producers who will be feaured on Hot Pink:

I Won't Bite
    Juicy (Remix)
    Bottom Bitch
    Talk To Me
    Location (Like You)
    Pretty Girls
    Plus there's a quote from Doja herself about the album:

I named the album Hot Pink because I wanted people to feel that before they got into the music that it felt passionate, warm and welcoming […] I think that the colour hot pink describes those things the most. It’s my favourite colour and has been for my whole life so for my second project where I’ve found myself and I’m more refined, I felt that this title was the best…
    Last edited by Loose; Sun October 13, 2019, 13:58.

Comment

Miss Doja announced on Instagram that she’s got something new coming Thursday and used #HOTPINK.

Comment

Looking forward to this. Love her creativity and mama has been releasing bop after bop.

Don’t care for the last song, but at least it shows her versatility.
        Last edited by ThaInfo1; Thu October 24, 2019, 02:32.

Comment

She’s easily my favourite female rapper.

Her being a cat person totally convinced me. Plus she does cute dick references.
          Last edited by Loose; Wed October 23, 2019, 18:33.

Comment

Hot Pink comes November 7th!

Comment

01 / CYBER SEX
              02 / WON'T BITE - feat. Smino -
              03 / RULES
              04 / BOTTOM BITCH
              05 / SAY SO
              06 / LIKE THAT - feat. Nicki Minaj -
              07 / TALK DIRTY
              08 / ADDICTION
              09 / STREETS
              10 / SHINE
              11 / BETTER THAN ME
              12 / JUICY (REMIX) - feat. Tyga -

Comment

Yaaasssss love the cover and track listing.

Comment

Stunning! Can't wait!

Dirty Talk (formerly known as Talk To Me) and Won't Bite are on YouTube.

Last edited by Loose; Sat November 2, 2019, 10:35.

Comment

The artwork is hot, very 2000s. It looks so good as your avatar too...

I've never listened to one of Doja's projects in full, think I'm gonna dive in with this one since I like what I've heard so far.
                    late.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post

I've never listened to one of Doja's projects in full, think I'm gonna dive in with this one since I like what I've heard so far.
                      Her debut album Amala isn’t the best. It lacks a coherent sound and feels more like a mixtape.

Nevertheless, Fancy is one of her best songs to date. I feel like that track is effortlessly good.

Comment

Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post

Amala has some filler but still has a couple of tunes. Still check it out.

I feel like this album is gonna be her, but fine tuned. All the singles are dope.

Comment

I like all the tracks minus Won’t Bite. It sounds messy, too quirky and just misplaced.

Comment

She has grown on me! I like Rules, Bottom Bitch and Juicy. Count me in!

Comment

Omg it has leaked apparently!

Somebody please alarm me if you know where to find it.

Comment

Very excited for this. I've been getting slowly obsessed with her, and I believe this album will be A MOMENT.

Comment

I'm confused about the cover tho. I assume that the pink one she shared on ig is the real one.
                                  I wish it was the one with bushes tho, that looks so iconic.

Comment

It’s out today! Curious what you are thinking.

Just like Amala, her sophomore record again lacks a coherent sound. However, there are cute bops on it.
                                    Rules remains the standout track though.

Comment

Yeah, she genre jumps throughout this but I like it! Say So is a nice little bop.

Comment

It gets better with more spins.

Streets grew on me quite a lot. I love the darkness and huskiness to it (@ThaInfo1 would agree on this).

But to be brutally honest, the Gucci Mani feature is dull as ****. Sometimes features don’t elevate the non-events.

Comment

First listen thots: Was expecting a bit more. Especially judging from the singles tbh. the first half has some filler reminiscent to Amala. Kinda disappointed with the Smino feature. Was sure that was gonna be a vibe. The second half is pretty fire though.

To my good sistren loose, Streets is one of my favs and I agree with the description. Probably the hardest thing on the album along with Rules.

However, Like That (feat. Gucci Mane) is probably my fav song off the project from a first listen. I feel like Gucci was flowing on the beat more than usual. Love the skaterink groove it has to it.

Comment

I'm also a lil disappointed. I don't think I'll be playing half of the album after a couple of days.
                                            Bite is just awful.

Cyber Sex and Say So are cute.

Streets and Like That are my two favorites.

Rules and Juicy remain as the highlights.

An EP would be just fine.

Comment

Keeping "Rules", "Say So", "Addiction", "Streets", "Shine", "Better Than Me"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon View Post
                                                Keeping "Rules", "Say So", "Addiction", "Streets", "Shine", "Better Than Me"
                                                Like That?

Comment

Not completely happy with how all came together as well.

Nevertheless, I think Streets, Better Than Me and Talk Dirty are great contributions to the previous single releases.

I tried Like That again but I can’t... her part makes me cringe.

Addiction has parts I like a lot. The beginning is spectacular (again very vibey). However, the hook is a bit of a let down. It grooves hard though.

Comment

Ok so Talk Dirty bangs

Comment

Originally posted by ThaInfo1 View Post
                                                      Ok so Talk Dirty bangs
                                                      It does! It includes one of my favourite rap verses on the entire album.

The pace is really slick!

Comment

Why am I not surprised by this song getting a video

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthymon View Post

Why am I not surprised by this song getting a video
                                                          Not my favourite track off the album. Kind of catchy though.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                            X