No announcement yet.

Kesha - High Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I didn't think this album would be super successful and all, but I think it has really underperformed: "Raising Hell" wasn't even her most popular song on Spotify (failed to beat "TiK ToK" and "Praying"). It's now dropped below "Die Young" too. "My Own Dance" never got past #7 and "Resentment" still hasn't entered the top 5...
    I guess those problems could be caused by the fact that all the songs just sound so different. Don't get me wrong, I love all of them, but if I didn't know them and someone played them to me, I would never be able to tell they're on the same record.

Comment

This is going to underperform soooo bad. She simply released the wrong starting single. Raising Hell is horrible and the drastic switch from Rainbow's honesty and heartbreaking themes to old Ke$ha is a terrible choice.

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
        This is going to underperform soooo bad. She simply released the wrong starting single. Raising Hell is horrible and the drastic switch from Rainbow's honesty and heartbreaking themes to old Ke$ha is a terrible choice.
        It also doesn't feels like a logical transition/switch tbh

Comment

Wow I absolutely disagree. Raising Hell is awesome. Such a great mixture of the old and new Kesha! And the video is dope!
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
            It also doesn't feels like a logical transition/switch tbh
            True! Like she's been forced to do something again.

Comment

I personally wanted party Kesha but I completely forgot about Raising Hell.

Comment

I personally love Rasing Hell, but it doesn't surprise me it didn't manage to do any impact as it's so far from what radios and current pop taste is. As far as the two buzz song goes - My Own Dance is still very disjointed to me but Resentment is one of the best songs she ever put out.
                I have received many gifts from God,
                but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I like Raising Hell as it is not too far away from some songs on Rainbow. My own dance just didn't click and resentment is just greatness. So I am looking forward to the album. Gonna give this a try. She is a bit hit and miss for me
                  Music is the blood in my veins

Feel free to add me to your friends list :-)

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I'm still not the biggest fan of the singles so far, but I love how much promo she does and she always delivers great performances! Based on promo alone this may be my favorite era from her so far, a shame the music isn't really clicking with me (yet).

Comment

Let's face it, Rainbow was more of an album that allowed her to gain sympathy. Other than that, the album itself wasn't something that was on a different level in terms of impact. People will always remember the pop Ke$ha with the dollar sign, but she took too long and people moved on from that. If Katy is struggling in 2020, Kesha is bound to suffer more. Hopefuly, her fans support the album despite the underperformance of the single.

Comment

I still enjoy the performances of this song. I love that she brings Freedia along for each one.

Comment

Why did she kept some unreleased songs from Rainbow. Cocky and Buried Alive are amazing.
                            Taylor Swift - Colbie Caillat - Carrie Underwood - Miranda Lambert

Comment

She's completely lost me with this record. I appreciated the first two singles from the last one but I'm bored of her now.
                              thank u, next

Comment

I really like Resentment
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

She recently revealed a snippet of "Kinky" during her iHeartRadio performance. I think it sounds pretty good, might even be my favourite song so far from High Road...
                                  “Kesha shares and dances to a snippet of 'Kinky' Take a listen! #HighRoad https://t.co/NdahEdsZsr”

Comment

"Tonight" is coming soon.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

It’s been a while that I haven’t witnessed an album release with 0 hype. I mean, it seems like nobody is caring for this.

Comment

Comment

This will be her worst album, i can feel it.

Looking forward to hear The Potato Song tho
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

While I do look forward to this (it's Kesha, after all), I somehow feel like this will bomb harder than "Warrior".

Comment

So I've listened to it. It's not horrible but it's a weird combination of Rainbow with her previous stuff. Some of the reasons are quite nice but most are annoying
                                              Welcome to the underworld
                                              Where the love's at first sight
                                              The kind that we like
                                              Under, under, under, underworld

Comment

She added a new song called "Summer" to the tracklist!

Comment

I'm still really looking forward to hearing this tomorrow in full.
                                                  I have received many gifts from God,
                                                  but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

It's not terrible, but it leaves me completely underwhelmed

Comment

Working...
                                                    X