• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The physical edition looks pretty nice!

cd/vinyl collection instagram
    http://www.instagram.com/i.love.collecting.cds

Comment

^It does look good, but where's the vinyl girl...
      I have received many gifts from God,
      but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I haven’t even bothered listening to the record.
          I find Kesha as an artist incredibly uninteresting.
          DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

Well heck! I didn't see any of her songs on the new music playlist. Is she indie now? I'm pretty sure Raising Hell was on the new music Friday playlist. I'm afraid to listen to this because Tonight made me so damn anxious the second time I heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
              Well heck! I didn't see any of her songs on the new music playlist. Is she indie now? I'm pretty sure Raising Hell was on the new music Friday playlist. I'm afraid to listen to this because Tonight made me so damn anxious the second time I heard it.
              "Tonight" is included in Apple Music‘s New Music Daily playlist.

And no she’s still with RCA.
              Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

"Tonight" is included in Apple Music‘s New Music Daily playlist.

And no she’s still with RCA.
                I should have specified.....Spotify....I'm not an AM user. Thanks

Comment

I enjoyed the album.
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

The album is rather disappointing after a first spin. Hopefully a grower, but I'm pretty sure this is going to end up as my least favorite album from her by far. Nothing stands out and that "Potato Song" is just horrible.

Comment

The album has already 11 reviews and a score of 71 on Metacritic

Comment

I listened to this 2 times yesterday and I think it's a good album and it has a nice room for growing on me. As usual Kesha throws in everything she can, so it's very erratic. Now I usually don't like erratic albums, but somehow she does manage to always pull that sound as somewhat consistent. Maybe it's the themes she sings about, maybe just the energy she has, but somehow it works.

What's more than obvious after 4 albums is that Kesha has a f*cking knack for pop hooks. There's at least one amazing hook per song here, but what sometimes fails is the production and the overall arrangement of the songs. Two opening tracks are still very disjointed and despite having those catchy earworms, they don't work well as full songs. My Own Dance did grow on me, but both it and Tonight have very harsh transitions from very distinctive parts of the songs. And also as much as she can nail a lyric (and she definitely f*cking can) she often as clear clunkers. What she needs to find is that one collaborator to reign her in and put things into place. I don't even think Dr. Luke was that person as both Animal/Cannibal and Warrior suffer from the same thing. But then again it's good to see that Kesha always was and still is Kesha.

Rainbow is better, but High Road has lots to offer to.

Comment

i Actually enjoyed this way more than I thought. I think it’s the perfect balance of her wacky self and showing growth as a person and artist.

I think Gaga could take good notes from this.
                          Last edited by ThaInfo1; Sat February 1st, 2020, 14:27.
                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

Comment

The album isn't as bad as I thought it would be but there's just too much bad songs on it. I mean I couldn't connect to song number 1, 3, 4, 5. The album starts to get good when Honey starts (definitely one of the highlights on this and of her career).

But then also, later on you find other fillers with Little bit of love, Potato Song, Chasing Thunder. In total there's like 7 songs that I don't like and that's unfortunately too much.

The whole album should've followed the sound of Honey, Resentment, Kinky & BFF. This is the sound that suits her so well. These songs are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by dylonj View Post
                                'Tonight' was on the Spotify NMF playlist here in Australia.
                                Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Listening now. I hated Rainbow but im really liking what I have heard so far. I think I just like Kesha doing fun pop melodies and less whatever Rainbow was. Tonight and High Road are keepers for me so far.

Comment

She’s releasing a music video for the title track tomorrow.

Comment

The most horrible song on the album. What is she thinking

Comment

Honestly I kind of get why she's releasing Tonight as a single, even though I don't like it that much. But her lyrics on this album are very very specific in most of the songs and obviously coming from very specific experiences. Like BFF - you'd think it could be a songs for BFF's, but then you take a look at the lyrics and see that it's about how she met Wrabel, the night before Grammy's when he sent her a bag of candy d*cks, so how are people supposed to relate to something specific like that? Or Cowboy Blues that's about a very specific encounter with a guy in Nashville. Father Daughter Dance is a nice song and it's more universal, but highly a topic for a single release, just like some other songs that could work as more universal message ones (Honey, Kinky).

So honestly it's very hard to pick singles for this album. Raising Hell and Resentment were right choices. I'm really sad Resentment didn't make an impact. Beautiful song. Maybe if it was the first single it would fare better. It would definitely get more attention than Raising Hell, which nobody payed any attention to and possibly killed off era before it began.

Comment

Comment

I'm not impressed by the album. The 2 songs I love the most and think could've worked as singles are Kinky and Little bit of Love but unfortunately they've released the wrong singles so far.

Comment

Shadow is the best song lol

Comment

Kinky would be a great single.
                                                I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Debuted at #63 in UK. Wow, that's really a bad result.

Comment

• Listening to this, such a nice pop record.
                                                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Working...
                                                    X