Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year 2019 (#2 & #1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is the due date
    Forever Young

Comment

Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
      When is the due date
      I haven't even opened the voting yet let alone deciding the deadline.

Y'all still have time till around Christmas to review some of your favorite albums before the voting opens.

Comment

Is KAYTRANADA eligible for this? Boy came through
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

Originally posted by Ska8er View Post
          Is KAYTRANADA eligible for this? Boy came through
          I'd say yes. But at the end of the day, as been discussed in the previous page, you vote for what you think fit in the genre. I don't wanna make limitations whatsoever regarding what is Urban and what is not, cause honestly it is confusing to me as well. I'll post the complete rules later.

Comment

What‘s the minimum/maximum of albums we‘re voting for again?
            YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

Never saw this thread until the sticky! Will definitely vote although I felt last year was much better tbh.

abi could you add these as well please?

Tory Lanez - Chixtape 5
              Mahalia - Love and Compromise
              Justine Skye - BARE WITH ME (it has 6 songs, does this count?)
              Lil' Kim - 9
              Trina - The One
              Ms Banks - The Coldest Winter Ever, Pt. 2
              Nivea - Mirrors

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                For your consideration:

Burna Boy - African Giant

GoldLink - Diaspora

SAINt JHN - Ghetto Lenny's Love Songs
                [MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] sh add these to the list. I asked nicely now it's time for harsher methods
                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                  What‘s the minimum/maximum of albums we‘re voting for again?
                  It's usually 15
                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Updated the list. Geez, y'all seem to be more excited than I am. Appreciate the love though.

I will be properly updating the rules over this weekend, as for now here's what y'all can prepare:
                    - Any Urban/R&B albums released between Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2019 are eligible.
                    - You decide yourself which albums belong to the Urban/R&B category, I trust your ears.
                    - Min. 5, max. 15 albums, rank it from #1 (favorite).
                    - EPs, mixtapes are good as long as they contain min. 5 original tracks.
                    - Live albums are a no.

I'd say wait until next week's Friday to vote just in case we have last-minute releases.

Comment

Where are Snoh Aalegra and Ari Lennox?
                      Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Ari Lennox

Comment

Originally posted by likeidogoldlink View Post
                        Where are Snoh Aalegra and Ari Lennox?
                        Just added both.

For new voters, the list on the first page is obviously not perfect as I don't have the ability to detect every R&B/Urban release in 2019 so if you want me to add some albums on the list just leave it in the comment and I'll add them eventually.

Comment

I just realized that I was planning to do Urban/R&B AOTY 2012 sometimes this year but I kept on forgetting. I guess we're gonna do this one first, and then 2012 right after, and then Albums of the Decade.

Comment

[MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] Mabel - High Expectations needs to be eligible too.

Comment

[MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] Mabel - High Expectations needs to be eligible too.
                              Added her cause I guess she's somehow still R&B-related as an artist but that one particular album, I honestly don't hear it. It sounds very Dua Lipa-ish to me. But to each their own.

Comment

Thanks @abi!

I‘d also suggest the following records to be added to the list:

- Ama Lou: Ama, who?
                                - FKA Twigs: Magdalene
                                - Mereba: The Jungle Is the Only Way Out
                                Last edited by Loose; Sun December 22nd, 2019, 13:26.

Comment

^Added. Thanks y'all for being patient. There's still a possibility that Rih is releasing before the year ends. I don't wanna repeat the 2013 tragedy anymore.

Comment

[MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION], may you please mention a few of us before the deadline as a reminder. May help with participation.

Comment

RiRi disappointed us all. I think she should be banned from this contest for like 5 years.

Comment

RiRi disappointed us all. I think she should be banned from this contest for like 5 years.

Doesn't matter this dumb bish will only release R9 in that time span anyway
                                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

1 day overdue. Does it start soon-ish?

Comment

^Sorry. Was busy with stuff these past few days. And yes it opens now!

Updated the first page as well.

Comment

What is this countdown?
                                              It's the Urban/R&B Album of The Year 2019. You guys vote for your favorite records then I will count them down until #1.

Rules
                                              1. Listen to your favorite R&B/Urban albums of the year again, rank them from #1 (favorite) to #15 (least favorite), then PM the list to me.
                                              2. You may submit up to 15 albums (max) and 5 albums (min).
                                              3. Remember the genre. They have to be within the category of Urban music, as in R&B/Hip-Hop/Soul/Trap. The term ‘Urban’ has been used so widely these days so I’m going to leave it open to you guys to decide which albums to vote. Albums that are less ‘Urban’ will probably end up with just fewer votes.
                                              4. The album has to be released between January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.
                                              5. You can also put some comments & list your favorite songs from each album you vote, just for fun.
                                              6. PM your list to me, please do not post it on this thread until the countdown is over.
                                              7. The deadline is January 20, 2020 (as for now).

-

Frequently Asked Questions:

May I vote for albums that are not on the list below?
                                              Yes, as long as it’s Urban/R&B and released between January 1 - December 31.

Can I vote for non-English albums that belong to Urban/R&B, i.e. K-Pop or Latin Pop?
                                              Of course, why not.

How about EP’s & mixtapes?
                                              Yes. As long as it contains at least 5 original tracks.

Live albums?
                                              No please.

Last edited by abi; Thu January 2nd, 2020, 08:12.

Comment

Looking forward to this!

Comment

[MENTION=17768]abi[/MENTION] Did you receive my list?

Strangely the message wasn't in my SENT MESSAGES folder after sending it... so you might probably not have received it

Comment

[MENTION=7912]Loose[/MENTION] I did. You're the first voter! Yeah I think that happens sometimes.
                                                    [MENTION=35558]bm08[/MENTION] Sure, don't worry about it. I'll tag everyone during the last few days of voting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X