Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year 2019 (#2 & #1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm actually quite surprised by the lack of votes the two artists whose names start with the letter C received this time. Both are similar artists, one male one female, both have been in the industry for around the same period as well.

Comment

• Warning: All Germans who fail to vote for Juju will get dragged to Neukölln and back for lack of taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post
        I'm actually quite surprised by the lack of votes the two artists whose names start with the letter C received this time. Both are similar artists, one male one female, both have been in the industry for around the same period as well.
        Well Ciara's album barely made a dent and I still don't know why Chris Brown is still a thing in 2020.
        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ska8er View Post

Well Ciara's album barely made a dent and I still don't know why Chris Brown is still a thing in 2020.
          Cause "No Guidance" is a bop.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-airplay-chart

Chris Brown’s “No Guidance,” featuring Drake, ties the record for the most weeks at No. 1 on Billboard’s R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart with a 23rd week in charge.
          Also, I checked out Ci's album earlier today and it's honestly quite nice.

Comment

• I like No Guidance but I still haven't checked Indigo. I used to love CB's music but his shitty behaviour put me completely off.

Ciara's album is nice, but it did in fact do nothing on the charts unfortunately. The singles were solid though.
            Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Ciara‘s album is a non-event.
              DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• Getting my votes in before I go to sleep tonight, promise!
                late.

Comment

• Announcement everybody, urbanmusik just sent me a list consists of his top 78 favorite Urban albums of 2019. The dedication. Truly living up to his name.

Comment

• 25 votes in. I'm still preparing all the graphics and everything.

So basically if you haven't seen the countdown being posted yet, please feel free the send your votes in.

Comment

• Is it starting today? I‘m friggin‘ excited!

Comment

• I am looking forward to this! However, I’ve been very busy and was not able to sit down on my laptop and create my list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchum View Post
                          I am looking forward to this! However, I’ve been very busy and was not able to sit down on my laptop and create my list.
                          I'm actually still quite busy as well and haven't got the time to start the countdown. So feel free if you still want to send your list.

Comment

• Working on it!

Comment

• SENT!

Comment

• ^Received. THANK YOU to all the 26 participants (list on the first page). Countdown is starting soon!

Comment

• 48. (tie)

Shingai Ancient Futures

* Year-End Chart History
                                  : N/A

* Voted by: cheapthrills
                                  * Genre(s): Pop, Electronic, R&B, Afro house
                                  * Highlights: "Coming Home”, "Revolutions”, "Zimtron”

“The former Noisettes front woman’s new debut solo EP Ancient Futures is a buzzing fusion of mbira and clubby meltdowns. She speaks with Arwa Haider about celebrating her roots and a childhood immersed in music”. (elephant.art)

Comment

• 48. (tie)

Loredana King Lori

* Year-End Chart History:
                                    N/A

* Voted by: Tansike, Rihab
                                    * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Pop, Dancehall, Trap
                                    * Highlights: "Eiskalt” (feat. Mozzik), "Jetzt rufst du an”, "Kein Plan”, "Genick”

King Lori is the debut studio album by Swiss-Albanian rapper Loredana released on 13 September 2019 by Groove Attack. The production and writing process for the record was mostly handled by Loredana herself alongside Macloud and Miksu with LEE, Mr. Finch and Tilia providing additional production.

Comment

• 48. (tie)

Jamila Woods Legacy! Legacy!

N/A

* Voted by: Jonathan, urbanmusik
                                      * Genre(s): Neo soul, R&B
                                      * Highlights: "BALDWIN”, "GIOVANNI”, "ZORA”, "BASQUIAT”

Legacy! Legacy! is the second studio album by American singer-songwriter and poet Jamila Woods, released on May 10, 2019 by Jagjaguwar. It has received rave reviews and critical acclaim upon its release.

Comment

• 48. (tie)

Ed Sheeran No.6 Collaborations Project

N/A

* Voted by: Loveguru, shinydiscopaul
                                        * Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop
                                        * Highlights: "Put It All On Me” (feat. Ella Mai), "Take Me Back To London” (feat. Stormzy), "Nothing On You (feat. Paulo Londra & Dave)”, "Cross Me” (feat. Chance The Rapper & PnB Rock)

No.6 Collaborations Project (also known as No.6) is the fourth studio album by English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. It was released on 12 July 2019 by Asylum Records and Atlantic Records. The album is a follow-up to Sheeran's 2011 EP No. 5 Collaborations Project, and includes a range of guest appearances from artists such as Justin Bieber, Camila Cabello, Travis Scott, Eminem, 50 Cent, Cardi B, Paulo Londra, Young Thug, Skrillex and Bruno Mars, among others, alongside British rappers Stormzy, J Hus and Dave.

Last edited by abi; Sat February 1st, 2020, 04:53.

Comment

• Urgh I'm still getting familiar with UKMIX's new features to create each presentation. The video thumbnail looks so tiny.

Anyways, that Lori King girl goes hard Rihab Tansike I might stan.
                                          She kinda sounds like a grittier version of Mabel to me for some reason.

Also, does she have any leftover materials? Loredana if you see this post please give some of your leftovers to my girl CL cause I think she might need it.

Comment

• OMG I forgot about Jamila!!!!!!
                                            That would be in my top 10 for sure

Comment

• OMG for Loredana appearing in this countdown. She‘s such an (understandably) hated figure in my country. She‘s not only famous for putting out music but stealing people‘s money. There were quite a few articles about her ‚other passion‘ in this year‘s newspapers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loose View Post
                                                OMG for Loredana appearing in this countdown. She‘s such an (understandably) hated figure in my country. She‘s not only famous for putting out music but stealing people‘s money. There were quite a few articles about her ‚other passion‘ in this year‘s newspapers.
                                                Dang it, is it really? I was really about to bop to the whole album.

Comment

• Nothing wrong with stealing a few 100k from old rich people. 'Genick' is a bop.

Comment

• Graphics are great - don't mind that my choice kicks off the whole thing with Shingai

Comment

Working...
                                                    X