Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UKMIX Urban/R&B Album of the Year 2019 (#26 - #24)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 35. (tie)

Trina The One

* Year-End Chart History: N/A

* Voted by: mattsky, minime
    * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, R&B
    * Highlights: "BAPS” (feat. Nicki Minaj), "Get Money”, "Mama”, "On His Face” (feat. Lightskin Keisha)

The One is the sixth studio album by American rapper Trina. It was released on June 21, 2019 by Fast Life Entertainment and her label, Rockstarr Music Group. It is her first album since Amazin' (2010). The album was preceded by the singles "If It Ain't Me", "Get Money", "Mama", "On His Face" and "BAPS".

Comment

• 35. (tie)

Mahmood Gioventý Bruciata

* Voted by: heppolo, Rihab
      * Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Moroccan Pop, Hip-Hop
      * Highlights: "Soldi”, "Barrio”, "Uramaki”, "Gioventý Bruciata”

Gioventý Bruciata (Italian for "Wasted youth") is the debut studio album by Italian singer-songwriter Mahmood. The album was released on Island Records on 22 February 2019. The album peaked at number one on the Italian Albums Chart. The album includes the singles "Uramaki", "Milano Good Vibes", "Asia occidente", "Gioventý bruciata" and "Soldi". Gioventý bruciata was first released as an extended play on 21 September 2018.

Comment

• 35. (tie)

Fantasia Sketchbook

* Year-End Chart History: The Definition Of (#29, 2016), The Side Effects of You (#14, 2013)

* Voted by: Unbreakable34, minime
        * Genre(s): R&B, Soul
        * Highlights: "PSTD” (feat. Tank & The Bonfyre), "Bad Girl”, "Enough”, ”Looking For You”

Sketchbook is the sixth studio album from R&B artist Fantasia, released in the fall of 2019. The album marks her first album since the release of 2017's Christmas album Christmas After Midnight. In an interview with Billboard, Fantasia discussed the meaning behind the album title: “I'm like, 'Sketchbook!

Comment

• Okay so this Mahmood guy, I've been hearing his name a couple times here so I decided to check out his music and wow, I'm really loving what I'm hearing so far. He doesn't sound like your typical Pop/R&B singer, there's something about his sound that I really dig - might be the local music influences? Idk but let me finish the album.

Comment

• Fantasia‘s record was partly great imo. I haven’t voted for it though as it wasn’t well-crafted enough.
            DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• You know I’m team Khia but Trina always delivers
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Sketchbook was dull

Comment

• ThaInfo1
                  ThaInfo1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Was indeed. Fanny Mae has lost her touch. All her last 3 albums were eh.

Revenge of the Dreamers was dope. It was on my top 25 but I had to narrow it down to 15.

I only enjoy Cynade and the Brandy song from Foot's album.

Big Day was way too long but had some bops. Enjoyed that he had En Vogue, Kierra Sheard and SWV as features with current day rappers. That was dope.

I enjoyed a couple of songs for Raphael Saadiqs albums.

I need to check out some of these others as I haven't heard .

• Revenge of the Dreamers was quite good, but I tend to be biased towards Cole releases.

Daniel Caesar's album is meant to be good but he put me off listening to it by his behavior. I really struggle to separate the artist from the art.

The Big Day was one of the most disappointing releases of the past few years for me, but I still did enjoy some of the songs which is why I voted for it. It's a good record if you get rid of the filler.

I haven't listened to the rest to be honest, although I want to check out BJ and Burna Boy's releases.
                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

• Wait ThaInfo1 is that a new feature that you just did? Legit had never noticed that.

Comment

• Yea those albums were meh to me
                    Forever Young

Comment

• 31. (tie)

Sudan Archives Athena

* Voted by: Jonathan, heppolo
                      * Genre(s): R&B, Soul, Pop
                      * Highlights: "Confessions”, "Limitless”, "Glorious”, ”Down On Me”

She's captivated audiences at festivals around the world, touring her trail-blazing EPs Sudan Archives (2017) and Sink (2018). Sudan's many identity coalesces in her debut album, Athena: a psychedelic, magnetic take on modern R&B.

Comment

• 31. (tie)

Lil Kim 9

* Voted by: likeidogoldlink, JSparksFan, Marchum
                        * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Trap
                        * Highlights: "Go Awff”, "Found You” (feat. City Girls, O.T. Genasis), "Pray For Me” (feat. Rick Ross, Musiq Soulchild), ”Bag”

9 is the fifth studio album by the Brooklyn native Lil' Kim. It was released on October 11, 2019, through Queen Bee Entertainment and eOne. The lead single "Go Awff" was released on February 15, 2019. During the taping of VH1's Girls Cruise reunion episode, Kim confirmed her intention to release the second part of 9 in early 2020.

Comment

• 31. (tie)

Iggy Azalea In My Defense

* Year-End Chart History: The New Classic (#7, 2014)

* Voted by: mattsky, Tansike, Rihab
                          * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Trap, Pop rap
                          * Highlights: "Started”, "Sally Walker”, "F*ck It Up” (feat. Kash Doll), ”Just Wanna”

In My Defense is the second studio album by Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. It was released on 19 July 2019 by Bad Dreams Records and Empire. The album's lead single, "Sally Walker", was released on 15 March 2019, followed by the second single, "Started", on 3 May 2019. J. White Did It executive produced the album along with handling production on majority of its tracks, and assisted by Smash David, Go Grizzly, and Rico Beats. The album debuted and peaked at number 50 on the Billboard 200 chart. In My Defense sold 70,000 copies in the first week of being released, according to Billboard. As of October 2019, In My Defense has gotten over 300 million streams between YouTube and all streaming platforms. As of January 2020, the album has sold over 600,000 copies in the United States alone, according to Billboard.

Comment

• 31. (tie)

Chris Brown Indigo

* Year-End Chart History: Hearbreak On A Full Moon (#39, 2017), Royalty (#18, 2015), X (#5, 2014), F.A.M.E, (#10, 2011), Graffiti (#18, 2009), Exclusive (#16, 2007) (#44, ‘00s)

* Voted by: Loveguru, Tansike, JSparksFan, abi
                            * Genre(s): R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop
                            * Highlights: "Heat” (feat. Gunna), "Come Together” (feat. H.E.R.), "No Guidance” (feat. Drake), ”Don’t Check On Me” (feat. Justin Bieber, Ink)

Indigo is the ninth studio album by American singer Chris Brown, released on June 28, 2019, by RCA Records. The album marks as his second double album and follows up to his eighth album Heartbreak on a Full Moon (2017). Six official singles have been released from Indigo thus far: "Undecided", "Back to Love", "Wobble Up", featuring Nicki Minaj and G-Eazy, "No Guidance", featuring Drake, "Heat", featuring Gunna and "Don't Check on Me", featuring Justin Bieber and Ink. The album became Brown's third US number-one album and first in seven years, since Fortune (2012).

Comment

• Chris Brown's album was... a choice. I mean, I did vote for it and I still really like some of the tracks but seriously, who has time for a 40-track or something album. Just choose 13 of the best songs and it would've been a solid album. "Come Together", "Troubled Waters", "BP/No Judgement", "No Guidance" and "Heat" are my favorites.

As for Iggz, I did like "Sally Walker" and "Started" but they were not strong enough for me to make me check out the whole project.

Comment

• Cb Album did have some gems though
                                Forever Young

Comment

• Iggy‘s record just could have been ways better.

it was quite a deterioration from her debut. Haven’t voted for it therefore.
                                  DRINK. SMOKE. DANCE. VIBE A LITTLE BIT | My last.fm

Comment

• If I had remembered to vote, Kimmy wouldn’t have been tied with Igloo.
                                    Originally posted by Kaloki
                                    I don't understand why WBT still isn't at #1 tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                                      Cb Album did have some gems though
                                      His chart history here is surprisingly quite good for a male artist that's generally quite disliked. I'm surprised X remains his best-charting album at #5 though, it wasn't even his most successful era. "Autumn Leaves"'s impact I guess.

Comment

Mahalia LOVE AND COMPROMISE

* Voted by: shinydiscopaul, minime
                                        * Genre(s): R&B, Soul
                                        * Highlights: "What You Did” (feat. Ella Mai), "I Wish I Missed My Ex”, "Grateful”, ”Do Not Disturb”

Love and Compromise is the debut studio album by the British R&B singer Mahalia. It was released September 6th, 2019 through Atlantic Records. Mahalia released the album’s first single, “I Wish I Missed My Ex,” back in May of 2018. After an EP and a string of tour dates, Mahalia dropped the next single, “Do Not Disturb,” in February of 2019. She subsequently dropped another song, “Grateful,” in April of 2019, which ultimately ended up not making it onto the album’s track-list.

Comment

BROCKHAMPTON Ginger

* Year-End Chart History: Iridescence (#39, 2018)

* Voted by: Leo, cheapthrills, DnBLover, abi
                                          * Genre(s): Hip-Hop, Pop Rap
                                          * Highlights: "If You Pray Right”, "No Halo”, "Sugar”, ”Boy Bye”

Ginger (stylized in all caps) is the fifth studio album by American hip hop collective Brockhampton. It was released on August 23, 2019, through the band's label Question Everything and RCA. Ginger was met with generally favorable reviews. At Metacritic, which assigns a normalized rating out of 100 to reviews from mainstream publications, the album received an average score of 75, based on 12 reviews.

Comment

Megan The Stallion Fever

* Voted by: Loveguru, minime, cheapthrills, JSparksFan
                                            * Highlights: "Cash Shit” (feat. DaBaby), "Sex Talk”, "Simon Says” (feat. Juicy J), ”Realer”

Fever is the debut mixtape by American rapper Megan Thee Stallion. It was released via 300 Entertainment on May 17, 2019, and features 14 tracks. The mixtape includes the single "Sex Talk", as well as the songs "Simon Says" featuring Juicy J and "Money Good".

Comment

Mabel High Expectations

* Year-End Chart History: Ivy to Roses (#33, 2017)

* Voted by: Loose, Ivica, shinydiscopaul
                                              * Genre(s): Pop, R&B, Dance-pop
                                              * Highlights: "Don’t Call Me Up”, "Mad Love”, "OK (Anxiety Anthem)”, ”Bad Behaviour”

High Expectations is the debut studio album by English singer and songwriter Mabel, released on 2 August 2019 internationally by Polydor Records and in the United States by Capitol Records and Universal.

Mabel worked with writers and producers such as Tre Jean-Marie, Steve Mac and MNEK to create the album, with its music incorporating genres of pop and R&B. Two singles and one promotional single were released from the album. Its lead single, "Don't Call Me Up", was released in January 2019 and was a commercial success, reaching the top ten in several countries and receiving a platinum certification in the United Kingdom. The song peaked at number three on the UK Singles Chart, becoming Mabel's highest charting single and her second top 10 single. "Mad Love" was released as the second single from the album, and also performed well on charts internationally.

Comment

• Megan is in my Top 20 but just fell short from getting points from me. Cash Shit is my guilty pleasure

Mabel wishes to have a song like Finders Keepers on there.
                                                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by abi View Post

Megan The Stallion Fever

* Voted by: Loveguru, minime, cheapthrills, JSparksFan
                                                  * Highlights: "Cash Shit” (feat. DaBaby), "Sex Talk”, "Simon Says” (feat. Juicy J), ”Realer”

Fever is the debut mixtape by American rapper Megan Thee Stallion. It was released via 300 Entertainment on May 17, 2019, and features 14 tracks. The mixtape includes the single "Sex Talk", as well as the songs "Simon Says" featuring Juicy J and "Money Good".

Y'all are flops
                                                  Forever Young

Comment

Working...
                                                  X