No announcement yet.

Alicia Keys - ALICIA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a solid listen. Way better than expected after this delay.

Already better than her last two (THANK GOD)

She always has a bomb intro track. I love Truth Without Love.

The features don't over shine her and actually add to the album.

However, I want her to make peace with the fact that she has enough "Heal The World" songs. The last two songs are ruining the vibe.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• You Save Me 10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Xtina/Snoh ​​Aalegra/Rihanna/Lauren Hill/Rosalνa/Nina Simone/Patti Smith

Comment

• The singles are pretty meh, the better songs are on the album. I quite like these....

* Love Looks Better
          * Show Me Love
          * 3 Hour Drive

It lacks a strong single, but the album is a mellow, cohesive listen at least.

Comment

• She’s doing a livestream on YouTube right now:

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• as always an impeccable and incredible body of work. I love it. It's such an instant, strong album.
              My Chart

Comment

• ThaInfo1 I feel very indifferent about this album even though I love Alicia. A lit of songs are way too cheesy (as you mentioned).

Show Me Love proved to be a nice jam over the last couple of months and there is a mini-bop here and there.

But overall there is nothing outstanding that would mark an era of true greatness.

I‘m almost shocked she went for self-titled as the self-titled album should be usually BIGGER in sound.
                YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

• If you take out the 4 trite soccermom΄s pop ballad/midtempos (Love looks better has to be the worst thing she΄s done since Doesn΄t mean anything), you have a nice short r&b album. Not her best but far from her worst.
                  Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• I love this. This is (very close to) what I wanted from her.
                    its obvious that her voice has changed dramatically but she served us good music.

Comment

• Only songs that i do not like are underdogs and show me love haha but i love the album. 3 hour drive and wasted energy are my jam right now. I'm so mad i missed the amercian express performance. Can anyone find a link where you can rewatch it please?

Comment

• This is alot better than I expected!! I'd have preffered some more hip hop jams like Karma and Girlfriend on there instead of the two pop numbers at the start of the album they feel abit out of place to me, but still a good album from Alicia.
                        thank u, next

Comment

• Hmmm okay the reviews & comments turn out to be better than I expected and it kinda makes me interested. Let me check this out.
                          Last edited by abi; Sat September 19, 2020, 17:49.

Comment

• It currently has a Metacritic score of 75 based on 6 reviews.
                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I’ll tell you what, I’ve had Mex7 stuck in my head ALL DAY.

Comment

• I can’t stop playing this.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  I don't think it has to do with Corona. The radio stations played her song (which should be the most frequently played song by her since 'Girl On Fire'), and on the other hand, Dua Lipa or the Weeknd haven't been negatively affected either (If anything, the massiveness of 'Blinding Lights' overshadowed the latter one's whole era). A mainstream-friendly album with an 80+/100 on Metacritic would've performed well commercially, it's just that Alicia Keys hasn't been able to put together a proper work of art and promote it accordingly - probably due to the lack of vision. 'Here' didn't leave a major impact either, despite receiving a respectable 76/100 on Metacritic.
                                  Why are you comparing Alicia Keys, who started her career in 2001 to Dua Lipa and The Weeknd ? Illogical.
                                  Also metacritic scores don't make a blind bit of difference to anything's commercial performance. Many critically panned albums have been hugely successful.
                                  Also, I don't see how you can comment on her "vision". Her album has been realized and it is a good listen. I assume you haven't heard it so how you feel that you can say she had a lack of vision for this project is beyond me.

OT - I really like Time Machine, such a cool track. She really surprised me with the direction of this album, I found her last one literally unlistenable. This is smooth.
                                  Last edited by InFamous; Sun September 20, 2020, 04:56.

Comment

• Love Looks Better is stuck in my head today!
                                    Too Much Music
                                    Too Much Music @Facebook
                                    Too Much Music @Twitter
                                    Scotland Social League

Comment

• Authors of Forever is the clear standout surely? How fantastic is that one. It reminds me of the philosophical elements from TEOF album.

I am definitely in the minority as I prefer HERE overall due to the entertainment factor of that album due to its subject matters.

Comment

• Loose Chile you must've liked "tHere" . You know you're my fav to disagree with boo.

I haven't had to urge to run and replay an Alicia album since The Elements of Freedom. I really like it.. It's not perfect, has a few duds Like...girl what is Love Looks Better and why was it release as one of the songs before the album?!? Trash. Also there's was no need for both Perfect Way To Die and Good Job . Back to back at that.

I think it's fresh, current and experimental for her. I appreciate this after the Lackluster Here and GOF (which was aight but she's better than ok albums). Also love albums that are feature heavy, yet down drown out the artist. She used all the features very well.

I am OBSESSED with JILL SCOTT. Such a vibe, groove...wow wow wow. This will probably be top 5 things she's ever done for me.

She typically doesn't do the Caribbean sound well imo, but Wasted Energy is a Jam

3 Hour Drive and Me x 7 are different vibey R&B tunes that I didn't know I needed from her. Love them both.

Show Me Love and So Done are what had me still excited for the album. Happy it continues that vibe.

Grammercy Park is typical classic Alicia, but it's still a little fresh.

The Snoh song sounds like a Snoh song that Alicia stole tbh. It's cute tho.

I don't really use Underdog, but I see it's appeal.
                                        Last edited by ThaInfo1; Mon September 21, 2020, 17:54.

Comment

• Hmmm, I don't know about the album... "Show Me Love" and "Time Machine" were great, "So Done" was dull and the new single is so-so. Based on the singles, I expect a pretty hit-and-miss album
                                          jio CHARTS NOW: 26/10/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10487417

Comment

• It's going to be #4 on Billboard 200, which isn't bad given the circumstances. It' could be the highest seller of the week though, it's close between this and Taylor Swift.

Comment

• She will perform at the Billboard Music Awards.

Comment

• I'm one of those whose surprised how this album has turned out on release. I had no hopes for the album but when it dropped I was surprised by the other half of the album that we didn't hear.

Top songs
                                                1) Wasted energy - This is a definitely a jam
                                                2) 3 hour drive - Another nice song
                                                3) Me x 7 - I really like this song
                                                4) Jill Scott - I think this song is beautiful
                                                5) Show me love - bought this the day it came out last year. It's a jam.

Am surprised that after listening to the album am coming round to time machine, for some reason it sounds a bit nice to me. Underdog is not really for me but I can see it's appeal to others. Am not sure about the Snoah song, would have to have more listens. I dislike the first song to the album. This album is definitely better than her last album by far which I can't remember the sound of one song from there and am happy to see that she outranked last album first week sales. May not be by much but well done to Alicia.

Comment

• Authors Of Forever is amazing, probably the best song she recorded since In Common.
                                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• "Love Looks Better" is so good. That video, too. She looks stunning!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X