Rina Sawayama - Sawayama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rina Sawayama - Sawayama

Rina Sawayama is set to release her debut full length LP on April 13. I’ll update with more info when I’m on my laptop.
    late.

I like the cover.

I have received many gifts from God,
    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

I'm excited!
      Thought that was a good solution hanging with the raisin girls

Comment

I like the cover but to be honest, she‘s still far away from being a consistent artist.

The latest productions have been so disjointed that I actually doubt that she had a real producer with her in the studio.

Flicker jumps from rather good and deep verses to kind of a child and anime-like hook which sounds wrong to me in every aspect.
        YOU KNOW ME, I JUST DON'T STOP. | My last.fm

Comment

STFU! is terrible to me, but I hope that is a fluke. Flicker isn't on the album, but it's OK for me.

Comment

Luckily Comme des Garçons isn't like that.

Comment

Originally posted by minime View Post
              Luckily Comme des Garçons isn't like that.
              That one is surprisingly decent and Azealia Banks-ish.

Comment

Official audio for "XS."

Comment

I heard XS while Spotify was a shuffle and it was very interesting. It gave it early 2000's pop/ K pop

Comment

XS is cute!
                    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

Now, when I read the lyrics I like them. But the whole song overall sounds so cringey and tacky.

Comment

She‘s famous for being cringey and tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by Loose View Post
                          She‘s famous for being cringey and tacky.
                          I guess it goes down smoother when it's an uptempo song.

Comment

This leaked....

Comment

Any good? I'll wait for Friday to throw the girl that one album stream as I don't like 3 out of 4 released songs, so the hype went down for me on this a lot.

Comment

Havent really listen to it... also waiting for Friday. She not someone I would normally listen to but considering there arent many releases this month I will give it a go

Comment

This could go either way as from what I've heard so far there are a few songs I really like and a few I really don't.
                                  THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

She's another girl I was reading about a lot lately (mainly on UKMix) but I've never heard a song from her... still decided to give her album a go and just finished the first spin - and I really like this! Especially the Nu-Metal influences, obviously. Already loved that with Poppy and Grimes.

Plus her visuals... I love them! She looks stunning

Comment

I was not expecting to like this at all, but I am positively surprised...

Comment

Love Me 4 Me is cool
                                        LJC--->>

Comment

Loving some of this rock inspired productions moments. A good listen. Never really check ha out
                                          Originally posted by snoh aalegra

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

this album slays

HIGHLIGHTS; XS, Comme De Garçons (Like The Boys), Tokyo Love Hotel, Who's Gonna Save U Now?, Alaska Sad <3
                                            Last FM <3
                                            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                              The way that XS goes OFF, an early 00s influenced banger
                                              Easily the best song on the album. And quite frankly the only one I can get into fully. Listened to the album twice but it was a hard listen both times. Just not clicking with me (so far at least - I plan to give this album a try or two again little later on when the ear forgets about how songs sound, maybe there will be some difference in the experience).

Her EP >>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

It seems that her producer learned something along the way. The productions aren’t as dreadful as on previous efforts.

Still... there are some songs that seem to be glued together of not matching parts.

Comment

Are the guitars in these songs samples?

Just curious, although they kinda bang

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I love this album - it did sound a very disjointed listen on the first go, a bit like the spice girls and destiny's child mixed with nu metal

It's a grower though - Who's going to save you now is my favourite.
                                                    "you act like nothing really happened but it meant the world to me"

Comment

I was just listening to this yesterday and although it has some gems on it, she's so one-trick-pony with her material to me.
                                                      Floped and localed

Comment

This album is very eclectic, like 10 different genres. I love 'Bad Friend' and the only other songs I downloaded after listening were 'Dynasty' and 'Chosen Family'.
                                                        Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

This is a Bad Friend Stan account.

- Ugh, those feels again

Comment

I love Tokyo Love Hotel. It does something to me.

This is sooo Utada circa Exodus.
                                                            Floped and localed

Comment

Working...
                                                            X