No announcement yet.

Sam Smith - To Die For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's lovely, I really enjoy the chorus but still have to get more into the whole song. "How Do You Sleep?" and also "Dancing With A Stranger" were (way) more instant.

Comment

I was waiting for something powerful as this one from Sam

Comment

Another great single!
        Haven't been early since '88

Comment

It's okay, expected something different. I like the vocoder use, it adds something to the verses. But it's very samey, nothing really stands out.
          Also like the "to die for" he adds during the last chorus. And the "does that scare you - i don't wanna be alone" is nice (Is it only for the video on youtube or also on the actual song?)

Comment

The way he pronounces words combined with that whiny tone turns me off always.
            "Is Stalin on your shoulder..."
            https://soundcloud.com/jaspervanbeveren-1/jasper-russia
            "..as he was with his composers?"

Comment

This is such a grower
              Forever Young

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by Hejira View Post
                  The way he pronounces words combined with that whiny tone turns me off always.
                  I feel the same way

Comment

I think that he thinks he's more interesting than he is.
                    1 Victoria|2 Destiny |3 Vasil |4 Little Big|5 The Mamas |

Comment

I listened carefully to these words while driving and fell in love with this song. Thankfully he’s sticking to his authentic sound and vocals. No experimental nonsense.
                      | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

This has been a nice grower for me and I really appreciate it now. The album isn't even out it but has already produced his strongest set of singles so far.

Comment

Such a beautiful song and haunting chorus and melody. 3/3 so far.
                          At first listen was just ok but then with the lyrics I felt it.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesAnybody View Post
                            Such a beautiful song and haunting chorus and melody. 3/3 so far.
                            At first listen was just ok but then with the lyrics I felt it.
                            Same here. Upon first listen I heard sippin on whatever. But then I heard the lyrics carefully and am blown away.
                            | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Ok, this is now my favorite song of him so far.
                              It's so melancholically beautiful, love the harmonies and how he sings the chorus.

Comment

Working...
                              X