Ava Max - Kings & Queens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattsky View Post
    For me, all of her songs sound like cheap 2009 Gaga leftovers sang by Cascada, and the video gives me Marzia Gaggioli vibes.
    OMG i literally spilled tea from my cup reading this!! How do you know Marzia?? It's soo true though LOL

What a bad video my god...so what is the message of being kings and queens? I think i find the lyric video better.
    In general i don't know what you guys find in her...a few catchy choruses, that's all she has literally. Everything else (her looks, her presence, her lyrics etc etc) feels so bland and uninspired, she completely lacks star quality to me.

Comment

Not really taken by the video.

But the song is one of the best pop songs of the year IMO.
      Chorus got stuck in my head right the first moment I listened to the song. But the verses are strong too.
      She's one of the few in the last 12 months who releases great pop song after the other: So Am I, Torn, Salt, Alone, Kings & Queens...
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

the chorus sounds like a bridge to me... not a good thing as it makes it less catchy. maybe a slow burner?

Comment

Originally posted by frankie_85 View Post

OMG i literally spilled tea from my cup reading this!! How do you know Marzia?? It's soo true though LOL

YouTube recommendations
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

Who is still investing in her?

I miss the days where one hit wonders were dropped after 2 songs.

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

What a selfish thing to say.
              You don't have to follow nor listen to her.
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

Well, she's a bigger one hit wonder than other one hit wonders for sure. I mean, she's having a current Top10/20 hits in several European countries with "Salt", "So Am I" also reached the Top20 in some markets and did well enough, "Torn" & "Alone, Pt. II" are/were moderate hits in some countries as well.

If people would have thought the same about Dua Lipa for example, we wouldn't have "New Rules" and then "Future Nostalgia" in our hands.

Comment

btw this song reminds me so much of HOOKED ON YOU by Jennifer lopez . an unreleased song but fireeee

Comment

Originally posted by moechoghri View Post
                    btw this song reminds me so much of HOOKED ON YOU by Jennifer lopez . an unreleased song but fireeee
                    Someone posted this on the previous page:

It also samples RedOne’s demo for “Hooked on you” that JLo recorded back in 2010. It’s rewamped, but you can hear parts of it.
                    So that's why it reminds you of "Hooked On You". RedOne is also one of the producers for "Kings & Queens"

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

Someone posted this on the previous page:

So that's why it reminds you of "Hooked On You". RedOne is also one of the producers for "Kings & Queens"
                      oh wow . that makes sense now

Comment

Love this, reminds me of classic Ace of Base scandi pop.
                        1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Apparently a remix featuring two rappers is coming?

Comment

Yes that is true the remix with the two rappers, one male, one female!

Comment

Really?

Guess they really want to push this in the US now, while "Who's Laughing Now" would be for the European market...

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Official visualizer for the remix.

Comment

It's sad that they called this 'Part 2' because it is basically the same song featuring Lauv who sounds like he added his vocals with a hairdryer and Saweetie who potentially could be a good feature but I dont'feel her on this song.
                                    I wish they would have tried to make more changes to the instrumental and make it a proper part II

Comment

Lazy “remix”. Also I didn’t know Lauv was deemed a rapper

Comment

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

The performance on the Kelly Clarkson Show is good. She can truly sing.

I'm happy this is shaping up to be another hit for her, both in Europe and the US.
                                          Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

Ok, let me just throw in how weird it is watching a show like this and how they can't hug. Still feels like a wrong universe we're in right now.

Anyways, loved the interview, she's so likable! Rhe performance was nice as well (but not live IMO, it's pre-recorded, isn't it?). I'd love to get this slow version of "Kings & Queens".

Comment

So Ava Max performed Kings and Queens as a duet on America's Got Talent finale recently with a young 14 year old girl called Daneliya Tuleshova and the song has gained some traction peaking now at number 37 on the Hot 100 US Billboard chart. I thought it was a great performance from both of them and I reckon that kid has a pretty bright future too.

Comment

^she sounded like a pro singer actually.
                                                Don't Worry, Cause You're Really Not That Hard to Replace.

Comment

Ive heard the Part 2 version a couple times on the radio and I thought the Lauv & Saweetie additions go well in the groove of it.
                                                  Last edited by Affillate; Fri October 9, 2020, 14:08.
                                                  UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by NoAngels View Post
                                                    ^she sounded like a pro singer actually.
                                                    Daneliya's vocals sound like they are coming from an adult. I checked out her YouTube channel she has some fantastic covers and original stuff on there. She is a big fan of Ava Max so this would have been a dream come true for her to be on stage with Ava and well done to Ava for her praise for the youngster. I do like this song so wish it continues to get airplay and rises further on the charts.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X