Melanie C - Who I Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds really good!!!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Comment

This is really good! Thank god finally another single from her that I really enjoy from the get-go!

It's also doing surprisingly well on iTunes over here (#2 yesterday, currently #4). May end up with a chart entry next week even without streaming support.

Comment

I really like it, but it reminds me so much of Higher by Taio Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post
            This is really good! Thank god finally another single from her that I really enjoy from the get-go!

It's also doing surprisingly well on iTunes over here (#2 yesterday, currently #4). May end up with a chart entry next week even without streaming support.

are those iTunes positions from uk? Sounds great if thats the case.

btw, the production of this one is insanely flawless, it gets better and better upon hearing super loud whilst driving lol
            Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

I have been playing this on repeat ever since it was released last week, absolutely love it. It is super catchy and especially the verses are amazingly good.
              The video is very nice as well. I like the concept and idea and while I think it could have been even better, we should realise she doesn't have the budget a lot of other artists have so with that in mind, I think it was done really well.

It IS also a lovely surprise to see this doing quite well in some countries. I am not execting much chart wise, but still a few top 10 positions on iTunes is great.
              i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Originally posted by oaknuys View Post
                are those iTunes positions from uk? Sounds great if thats the case.
                No, sorry, with 'over here' I meant Switzerland where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by Tansike View Post

No, sorry, with 'over here' I meant Switzerland where I live.
                  Many thanks for the clarification.
                  German speaking countries indeed have always supported her.
                  Been reading UkMix everyday for well more than a decade now, and Here I am posting

Comment

already more views than High Heels on Youtube in less than a week and getting really close to pass Anymore.

Comment

UK:
                      Singles Downloads Chart Top 100

27 New
                      WHO I AM
                      MELANIE C

Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100
                      37 New
                      WHO I AM
                      MELANIE C

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreakable34 View Post
                        UK:
                        Singles Downloads Chart Top 100

27 New
                        WHO I AM
                        MELANIE C

Scottish Singles Sales Chart Top 100
                        37 New
                        WHO I AM
                        MELANIE C

Also #27 on UK sales chart.

Comment

Melanie released an alternative video: Who I Am around the house. ;-) #StayHome

Last edited by Debs_Wild; Sat March 28th, 2020, 14:43.

Comment

Over 1M views on Youtube!

Comment

This is so goooood!! But to be honest i would listen to anything from Mel, THAT voice alone shines through. The video could've been better.

Comment

Originally posted by Unbreakable34 View Post
                                Over 1M views on Youtube!
                                That’s actually really good considering it’s double of High Heels and more than Northern Star which has been on YouTube for 8 years! If the chart rules hadn’t been as they are it could’ve gone top 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  That’s actually really good considering it’s double of High Heels and more than Northern Star which has been on YouTube for 8 years! If the chart rules hadn’t been as they are it could’ve gone top 40.
                                  If the single got support from all streaming services it would've helped (and i still maintain this thought for thousands of potential hits that never make any of the curated playlists). From what i can gather, Spotify just keep pushing the same old same old every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                    I agree, all in all a pretty good result after just one week. Especially since High Heels also had a Graham Norton performance and some more promo. Obviously Mel is never going to have a smash again, but it's very good to see this is doing better than expected.
                                    i wanna see you on your knees, wanna see you begging

Comment

Unfortunately, no debut on the Swiss Singles Charts. iTunes sales alone weren't strong enough after all.

Comment

Who I Am remix by Joe Goddard (Hot Chip co-founder).

Last edited by Debs_Wild; Fri April 3rd, 2020, 10:02.

Comment

FYI, This played right after I'm Coming by Tove Lo goes off!

Comment

The Joe Goddard remix is a banger, unsurprisingly!

Comment

Working...
                                            X