The Weeknd - In Your Eyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Weeknd - In Your Eyes

It’s the third single off his new album "After Hours" and it will impact US pop radio on March 24.

Great choice! It’s a bop, one of my faves on the album and the obvious choice in my opinion.
    Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

When I went through the album the first time, this immediately stood out and I thought it has to be a single - so great to see it's already being released as one now. Should be another hit for him.

Comment

Yeah, I can see why this is the next single. I really love the sax solo in it, glad more pop songs are starting to use it again.

Comment

A very obvious single choice when you listen to the album.
        I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Total bop
          You say that I must eat so many lemons, cos I am so Bitt-er

Comment

Prod. by The Weeknd, Max Martin & Oscar Holter. This team is really delivering quality in music! Oscar did a magnificent work in Allie X's Cape God!

Comment

Love this, not quite as dynamic as Blinding Lights but I love the cheesy 80s sax at the end.

Comment

The music video comes out in 70 minutes.

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I‘m not really sure what to think about the videos this era...

Comment

Recently, I heard the song on the radio for the first time and just gave it another spin on YT. It sounds a bit like some of the poppier songs on 'Starboy' and has got a a-a-b-a chorus as e.g. known by Tove Lo's 'Habits'. The song carries slight synthpop elements and the use of the saxophone reminds me of e.g. 'Last Friday Night' or 'Edge of Glory'. Many consider it as the hit of the album, but I have to say that it doesn't move me in a way I was hoping it to after I loved the 'Starboy' album. It's the second song of his, which I consider just OK, so I'll probably skip the album. It's a 6/10 for me here.
                    Last edited by theMathematician; Tue October 6, 2020, 14:45.
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• theMathematician
                      theMathematician commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Aren't the singles representative of the record, spiritboy?

• spiritboy
                      spiritboy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sometimes they might not be. Sometimes labels and artists pick wrong single choices, that's why i recommend to you to give album a listen before deciding to buy it or not. theMathematician

• theMathematician
                      theMathematician commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The chance is big that if I pre-listen to an album, I'm not going to buy it because... why bother buying something you alread know ^^ ?

I love the song, the vibe of song. Love that synthwave is back
                    BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                    YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Recently, I heard the song on the radio for the first time and just gave it another spin on YT. It sounds a bit like some of the poppier songs on 'Starboy' and has got a a-a-b-a chorus as e.g. known by Tove Lo's 'Habits'. The song carries slight synthpop elements and the use of the saxophone reminds me of e.g. 'Last Friday Night' or 'Edge of Glory'. Many consider it as the hit of the album, but I have to say that it doesn't move me in a way I was hoping it to after I loved the 'Starboy' album. It's the second song of his, which I consider just OK, so I'll probably skip the album. It's a 5/10 for me here.
                      In Your Eyes is an amazing track. Gets better on every listen. Also The entire album is superb, but I don't think it would be to your taste.

Comment

This is a bop, definitely. Those sax melodies!

Every single he's releasing in this era is better. Can't wait for the next one.

Comment

Live performance for the Time100 event. Kenny G joins as a special guest.

Comment

9 months after 'Blinding Lights' took off and refused to go, radio stations have finally moved on and decided to play 'In Your Eyes' instead. It's slowly starting to grow on me. It won't be my favorite of him, but I raise my rating from 5/10 to 6/10. How high will it go on the charts after that massive hit? Top 20?
                            Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                            and everything you stand for?
                            Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                            just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

The Kenny G remix is divine!
                              Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

Originally posted by JSparksFan View Post
                                The Kenny G remix is divine!
                                I agree! Surprising collaboration, but works really nicely.

1 Becky Hill |2 Jamie Cullum |3 Jennifer Hudson|4 Harry Styles |5 Celeste

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                  X